More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:39:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Businesses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Businesses  (Read 7012 times)
fruitsymphony
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Businesses
« on: 2013 April 15, 13:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, may I ask if anybody else might have noticed a similar problem like this, with businesses.

Lola has a boutique in Strangetown, and Ripp went there and bought 2 outfits à 230, and payed 460, but Lola only received 60. It happens all the time when I try to start a business  Angry.

The first digit disappears every time, so when a bookstore sells a book which cost 32 simoleons the store owner only receives 2 simoleons. I wonder what can be the cause.
I took out the downloads folder, and put in on the desktop temporarily, but this did not make any difference.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Businesses
« Reply #1 on: 2013 April 17, 08:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] and payed 460, but Lola only received 60. [...]

Do I understand correctly, that Ripp paid the 460 (i.e. the amount appeared above his head/the cash register), but your household funds only increased by 60? It's been a while since I sold clothes in my businesses, so I cannot quite recall how restocking works with the racks.

However, from a financial point of view, that sounds pretty normal to me: §460 (sales) - §400 (restocking costs) = §60 (profit), provided prices are set to average (15% above wholesale) and no wholesale perks are chosen.
It's as good as impossible to make money from cheap to moderately priced stuff unless you set it to outlandish prices and have a team of competent, well caffeinated salesmen.

Otoh, if Ripp actually just paid 60, I'm at a loss. A description of the circumstances / setup of your shops could help.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

fruitsymphony
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 April 17, 17:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ripp first got the outfits from the rack. Lola immediately went over and restocked the rack, and -400 appeared over the rack. Then she went to the register where he was waiting. He handed over some money. The number 460 appeared over his head and 60 over her head.
I will try to upload a screenshot.

* lola.zip (82.21 KB - downloaded 364 times.)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 April 18, 00:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah - now I see. You mean the amount shown over the owner's head (I thought something strange was going on with your funds).

I've never paid much attention to it, but it looks like it shows profits, not revenues: Lola restocks for 400, Ripp pays 460, she gets 60 out of the deal.
I don't think there's anything wrong with your game, you just misinterpreted the amount over her head Smiley.

To make sure, have a closer look at your funds during such a transaction - you'll see them increasing and decreasing, but in the end, you should have more money, not less (unless, of course, you have overpaid employees).

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

fruitsymphony
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 April 20, 14:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I tested with the other game files, and it is just like you said, they get the profit and do not lose money.

The problem was in my custom neighborhood, because there she also restocks the rack. So actually the business runs at a loss even without employees. Perhaps it is my custom content after all. So I must test again without it, and see what happens.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: