More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 04:54:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Crashing help or suggestions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crashing help or suggestions  (Read 4575 times)
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Crashing help or suggestions
« on: 2013 April 13, 05:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the crash analyzer from mod the sim and the last time my game crashed it said that the graphics card wasn't being recognized by the game. I found this solution online because this is my exact problem but I am not sure how to do it. I don't want to mess up my game trying to do something I am not sure of so can someone help me by giving suggestion on what I am suppose to do. All my old graphics card information is in this file http://i48.tinypic.com/2wfl0d4.jpg . Here is the solution site http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game I really don't want reinstall games it doesn't change that file anyways reinstalling.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Crashing help or suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 2013 April 13, 12:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My suggestion on what on what you are supposed to do is, follow the instructions.  They're quite clear.  And those instructions start with backing up the files before editing, so there's no messing up your game. You just restore the originals to undo the edits.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 April 15, 00:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My suggestion on what on what you are supposed to do is, follow the instructions.  They're quite clear.  And those instructions start with backing up the files before editing, so there's no messing up your game. You just restore the originals to undo the edits.

I am not computer savvy if I wanted to mess my computer or game up I would have already done that wiki solution. I am not comfortable messing with something I have no idea how to even do it. Hence why I was asking for help and they aren't that clear on how to do it.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 April 15, 02:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know you get computer savvy? By doing things you didn't know how to do. Back up the file(s) they talk about, follow the instructions, if it doesn't work restore the file from your backup.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 April 15, 08:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you already have rather detailed step-by-step instructions to solve problems such as yours, which "suggestion" or help do you expect to get by posting here? Even if someone was willing to help you (which does happen now and then), they would have no idea what kind of help you need. If you have trouble with understanding a particular step of the instructions, be explicit. Just going "I'm not computer-savvy, and the instructions aren't clear" (particularly when they are) would not result in getting help even on more "helpful" sites, let alone here where people are expected to do some troubleshooting on their own. Or do you really expect someone to walk you through every single step of those instructions, complete with video tutorial?
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 April 17, 04:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I did try it and it found my graphics card when I added it in. Now my question is how do I change back the original files to say sgr file not orig file. I didn't touch the graphics rule file but I want the game to be able to patch so how would I change the files back? Actually forget that I had copies on my flash drive of the original ones so I just updated my graphics card on the list. I appreciate the suggestions.
« Last Edit: 2013 April 17, 04:35:58 by Tia » Logged
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2013 April 17, 07:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you need to patch, just swap the original one back in, then replace it after you patch.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: