More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:55:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Lot Challenge, April 2013, TINY lots.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Choose your three favorite houses!  (Voting closed: 2013 May 08, 12:55:43)
jesslla | 2356 W. Teid Lane - 1 (0.9%)
PA | 1212 Little Valley - 2 (1.8%)
Cyberdodo | 1510 Breeder Shack Alley - 1 (0.9%)
Morague | 27 Scott St - 5 (4.5%)
ReRybka | 96 Aspen Close - 9 (8%)
Turd Fergson | 90 Islip Drive - 2 (1.8%)
Skadi | 120 Starter Road - 2 (1.8%)
jesslla | 411 Anglin Street - 4 (3.6%)
SJActress | 578 Viking Drive - 8 (7.1%)
Skadi | 16 Qube Street - 1 (0.9%)
Skadi | 29 Deception Way - 1 (0.9%)
susscrofa | 112 IttyBitty Lane - 2 (1.8%)
SJActress | 32 Wainwright Way - 4 (3.6%)
jesslla | 7564 Passion Way - 5 (4.5%)
ReRybka | 10 Navy Lane - 3 (2.7%)
rainkius | 73 Stony Quay - 0 (0%)
witch | Grandma's Piece of Quiet - 6 (5.4%)
Vespinito | 79a Greyleaze - 2 (1.8%)
phoenixc | 240 Victoria street - 4 (3.6%)
phoenixc | 990 Doraly Lane - 5 (4.5%)
Vespinito | 16 Alameda Walk - 2 (1.8%)
phoenixc | 55 Catalina street - 2 (1.8%)
phoenixc | 180 Aurora Street - 4 (3.6%)
phoenixc |  5 Tropical Lane - 0 (0%)
SJActress | 451 Shorelight Circle - 2 (1.8%)
phoenixc | 101 Cages Lane - 3 (2.7%)
wytewidow | 5 Mango Way - 2 (1.8%)
rainkius | 973 Quaking Robin Alcove - 2 (1.8%)
Cyberdodo | 2015 Trailer Park - 0 (0%)
virgali | 99 Purple Water Rd - 1 (0.9%)
virgali | 28 Garden View Lane - 0 (0%)
Skadi | 22 Foundation Drive - 6 (5.4%)
Madame Mim | 1 Mimm Place - 1 (0.9%)
Madame Mim | 2 Mimm Place - 1 (0.9%)
Cyberdodo |  1010 Wizard Tower - 0 (0%)
Madame Mim | 3 Mimm Place - 1 (0.9%)
pepsihamster | Spring Wood 39 - 7 (6.3%)
susscrofa | 456 Boxcroft Street - 1 (0.9%)
Aklu | 1000 Crystal Avenue - 1 (0.9%)
Aklu | 500 Nut Drive - 4 (3.6%)
pepsihamster | On The Rise 1 - 1 (0.9%)
ReRybka| 63 Lilac Street - 4 (3.6%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Challenge, April 2013, TINY lots.  (Read 86022 times)
Aklu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Lot Challenge, April 2013, TINY lots.
« Reply #100 on: 2013 April 27, 12:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 2nd Entry:

Address: 500 Nut Drive

Lot size: 15 x 10

Unfurnished:    §15,522
Furnished:    §18,088

Color scheme: Fresh, Modern Living Space (sort of)

Download

...and back to lurking.

Edit: Fixed download links
« Last Edit: 2013 April 27, 12:56:50 by Aklu » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2013 April 27, 12:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FIE ON YOUR RESTRICTIVE COLOR SCHEMES, JESSLLA!  FIE, I SAY!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2013 April 27, 12:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I KNOW! I'M SORRY! NEVER AGAIN WILL I CREATE A CHALLENGE WITH COLOR RESTRICTIONS! *sobs*

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
rainkius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2013 April 27, 14:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I think the only "problem" with the color scheme is that they were made up of too few colors - This site has some really great palettes and there's an average of 6 colors per, so it wouldn't be nearly as restricting. You could have rooms with completely different combinations and escape some of the sameness. Just an idea for the next challenge, if the winner decides to use color schemes again. Smiley
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2013 April 27, 15:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, that site is fantastic. I'm bookmarking it forever.

pepsihamster
Asinine Airhead

Jummy, mhmm!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2013 April 27, 20:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did another one. I thought, if it's small, it won't take long - ha,ha. This little house is for your poor Sims. CASt in the warm and cozy colour scheme; with deliberate attention to the worn-out design of the furniture and the house (and the cramped feel) which you might find in such a place, to create the right atmosphere for game-play.  Wink Has a tiny garden patch.

pepsihamster | On The Rise 1
10 x 10 lot
Un-wanded. Furnished price: 10.248  Unfurnished price: 6.884
Download link at the bottom (.package file goes into your library)

Front of the house

Floorplan

View of kitchen & dining

View of dining & living

A nook for the crib

Bedroom

Bathroom

Dowload http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l3vkeg9hac5c0bl
To download this lot, go to this post http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,22222.msg599943.html#msg599943

Editetd spelling.

And again  Cheesy Well, I'm ESL. No, actually ETL.
« Last Edit: 2013 May 06, 10:22:54 by pepsihamster » Logged
beansontoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2013 April 27, 21:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I think the only "problem" with the color scheme is that they were made up of too few colors - This site has some really great palettes and there's an average of 6 colors per, so it wouldn't be nearly as restricting. You could have rooms with completely different combinations and escape some of the sameness. Just an idea for the next challenge, if the winner decides to use color schemes again. Smiley

If you hover over the swatches on the right, it gives you the hex #. Another color scheme site is kuler.  You can make your own color schemes and there are a metric fuck-ton of community made schemes available. Pick a scheme and then click on the little slider button and you have your hex numbers.
https://kuler.adobe.com/
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2013 April 27, 21:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did another one. I thought, if it's small, it won't take long - ha,ha.

Hur. Yeah, that's how the game gets ya. Oh, this won't take long! *three hours pass*

Editet spelling.

Missed one.

pepsihamster
Asinine Airhead

Jummy, mhmm!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2013 April 27, 21:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great colour scheme sites! I also feel that the restriction is mostly because of too few colours and that all wood had to be in a fixed colour, too. If there were more colours in a scheme and if one could therefore use different colours in different rooms, while they still belong to the same colour scheme, I think that would work really well. You would get a cohesive look, but not feel so restricted as it probably felt here. I like the idea of a colour scheme as such - if it's broad enough, I personally feel it makes decorating easier. So, don't feel bad about it jesslla. The idea was good and now we have some experience on what will make it work better.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2013 April 27, 22:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the color scheme is a tad too restrictive but therein lies the challenge. These are tiny lots after all so in this case it's not that much of a problem. One has to find ways to use the colors along with patterns and such to keep things exciting and not so repetitive. For example you can decide for color 1 to dominate in the bedroom and use the other two as accents. Then let color 2 dominate the kitchen and then use the other two as accents. Using different patterns can also help spice up things a bit even though they're CASTed in the same colors.

Even though the color restriction had me pulling my hair at times, it was fun to think about creative ways to use them on the lot in a way that would still give each room its own character. It was also much easier to decorate the lot imho. For bigger lots we will need color palettes with more variety though.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2013 April 28, 12:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the color scheme is a tad too restrictive but therein lies the challenge. These are tiny lots after all so in this case it's not that much of a problem. One has to find ways to use the colors along with patterns and such to keep things exciting and not so repetitive. For example you can decide for color 1 to dominate in the bedroom and use the other two as accents. Then let color 2 dominate the kitchen and then use the other two as accents. Using different patterns can also help spice up things a bit even though they're CASTed in the same colors.

Even though the color restriction had me pulling my hair at times, it was fun to think about creative ways to use them on the lot in a way that would still give each room its own character. It was also much easier to decorate the lot imho. For bigger lots we will need color palettes with more variety though.

What's with all this kindness and understanding?  Where do you think you are, MTS?  Grab a sharp stick and start poking!  Angry

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2013 April 28, 14:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This challenge has turned out to be highly addictive, so I just couldn't resist making a third entry for it. Here comes 63 Lilac Street, a two bedroom house on a 10x15 lot, decorated in the Elegant, Urban Purple colour scheme. The price is 16,494 furnished or 13,400 unfurnished. It's wanded, and seeing how it was clearly stated from the beginning that wanding is permitted, I don't quite understand how that could be regarded as cheating. This seems to be a matter of debate, though. Anyway, here's the house:

Download
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2013 April 28, 15:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with all this kindness and understanding?  Where do you think you are, MTS?  Grab a sharp stick and start poking!  Angry

I like to think there can exist a reasonable middle ground between "Kittens farting rainbows all day" and "I hate everything! Kill it all with Fire!"

But if you insist...
*pokes jezzer with a stick*

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2013 May 01, 06:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I <3  http://kuler.adobe.com/

It gives you a 5 colour spread based on different principles - triads, complementary, etc. Very cool indeed.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2013 May 01, 12:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, poll finally added. You can choose up to four houses.

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated. 42 houses were entered in this silly little challenge, and I love each one of them.  

Reminder, the person with the most votes at the end of the poll gets to start next months challenge. Start thinking now about what you'll challenge us to do. Doesn't have to be building, you could give us some outfits or furniture to recolor in CASt, or a prebuilt house to redecorate, or create a sim according to your specs, basically anything goes.
« Last Edit: 2013 May 01, 13:08:31 by jesslla » Logged

ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2013 May 01, 16:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can choose up to four houses.

Poll question says three. Should I retract my four votes?
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2013 May 01, 18:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can choose up to four houses.

Poll question says three. Should I retract my four votes?

Haha, no. That was a my bad. I can't seem to go back and edit the poll. It was originally only going to be three, but there are so many houses that I upped it to four.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2013 May 05, 03:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone make 16 Alameda Walk sit flush to the ground? Everytime I try to install it into a game it creates a great pit of the lot on which I place it?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2013 May 05, 22:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone make 16 Alameda Walk sit flush to the ground? Everytime I try to install it into a game it creates a great pit of the lot on which I place it?

It does that for me, too. The house was probably not built on a flat section.

I've voted my votes. I didn't vote for any houses with living underground, or those that made sims live in glass boxes, as I personally prefer realism in my game. It was still a hard choice as there are so many yummy lots.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2013 May 06, 00:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I'm in a complaining mood; pepsihamster | On The Rise 1 - the sink in the bathroom stops the shower from being usable and the bed is only accessable from one side due to the chest of drawers. Even when you remove the chest of drawers the pile of cases/books/? at the base of the bed prevents access to that side.
« Last Edit: 2013 May 06, 00:59:07 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2013 May 06, 01:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does that for me, too. The house was probably not built on a flat section.

I've voted my votes. I didn't vote for any houses with living underground, or those that made sims live in glass boxes, as I personally prefer realism in my game. It was still a hard choice as there are so many yummy lots.

*makes note to put SimWitch in the my Qube.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2013 May 06, 04:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch takes her vote off of one of skadi's lots

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2013 May 06, 08:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly while flat-hunting I am finding that living underground is all too realistic. But I DON'T LIKE IT, so I also voted only for above-ground houses. I also went for 'traditional' layouts, but ones with a nice twist to make it more interesting than a box (e.g. bay window adding new zone to room, half walls, etc.) Still found it extremely hard to pick only four - well done everyone on such innovative and interesting ideas!

pepsihamster
Asinine Airhead

Jummy, mhmm!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2013 May 06, 10:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I'm in a complaining mood; pepsihamster | On The Rise 1 - the sink in the bathroom stops the shower from being usable and the bed is only accessable from one side due to the chest of drawers. Even when you remove the chest of drawers the pile of cases/books/? at the base of the bed prevents access to that side.

Oops, sorry about that. I forgot to adjust the position of those 2 items after placing them. I was in a bit of a hurry when building; not a good thing - makes note for the future. To those who have downloaded the lot: If you want to keep the house you have, you can easily correct this by pressing the ALT button and adjusting the position of the items, further up against the walls like in this pic.

Now Sims can use the bed and dresser as they are supposed to. You can delete the sink in the bathroom and place things like in the next picture. That solves the issue with the shower not being usable.

If you are ok with not having a sink, just do as above and you are good to go. (Incidentally, I almost never have a sink in my poor Sims' houses.) If you want a sink elsewhere, I have made another version of this lot for you to download. It's the same as the one you have, I have only adjusted the placement of the dining table/chairs and the sofa slightly in this new version, to make room for that sink in the kitchen. Tested all items can be used!

Here is the download link for the adjusted version (file goes into your library folder) http://www.mediafire.com/?cy5ch1cwkjs3g91

This will make the lot comply to the challenge rules. But, either way this will disqualify this entry into the challenge, as one can't make any changes after the deadline. I'm ok with that, of course. It's still a good "poor-mans-house" for download.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2013 May 07, 22:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, trying to choose only 4 is hard.  Nice lots by all!

I got down to a list of my favorite 8 (none of them mine, by the way), and tossed coins to choose between them.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: