More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 14:20:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Town full of elders?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Town full of elders?  (Read 5669 times)
paigerose
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Town full of elders?
« on: 2013 April 04, 00:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(so I accidently posted this in the sims 2 section first, oops /prepares to be sporked)

I'm playing a legacy, currently the second generation is young adults and there's no one for them to marry because every townie is an elder! I've aging and story progression on, running AwesomeMod (obviously) and NRass No-CD mod, and this isn't the first time it's happened...help?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Town full of elders?
« Reply #1 on: 2013 April 04, 01:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RTFM and lurk moar; there are prerequisites for story mode to magically work the way you expect it to.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 April 05, 01:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, Toastboy, rtfm.txt does not explain what's different between EA Story Progression and AwesomeMod Story Progression, so an answer of "RTFM' doesn't really offer much.  Also, there hasn't been a recent discussion on it, much less anything specific on too many elders, for "Lurk Moar" to offer much either.

The short answer is, when using AwesomeMod's story driver, families can't procreate if there aren't enough cribs and beds in their lot to support the offspring.  To prevent elder-only worlds, add cribs and bunk beds to every house.

In the meantime, to avoid restarting your Legacy game, why not create some new spouse-to-be sims in CAS?

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 April 05, 01:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also an AM command to give a baby to every family in town. You could use that, switch to the family and force the kids to grow up.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 April 06, 00:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is the exact reason I have Awesome Mod.  If I didn't my town would be full of elders.  I have mine configured with TS2 aging on.

ISFJ
paigerose
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 April 06, 02:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Aaah. That does make sense, thank you Smiley
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 April 06, 20:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easiest fix for this with AM, if your town is getting long in the tooth: go into all the houses, drop a crib in them (doesn't matter where), save the town, then type babyboom in the console.  You'll probably have to delete a couple unwanted toddlers from your active family, and many families will lose their kids, but enough will grow up that your town will thrive once again.  After that, you shouldn't have to worry about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: