More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 16:44:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unsticky Smartmilk question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unsticky Smartmilk question  (Read 9114 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Unsticky Smartmilk question
« on: 2005 July 30, 23:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened to me twice and I think I'm missing something.

Situation: Toddler is successfully SmartMilkified. At some point in toddlerhood, toddler's IQ returns to 100. In one case I caught it and was able to re-stick the SmartMilk before the age transition. The toddler was never deleted or reset. In another case, I didn't detect the IQ loss until childhood, so I'm not sure when it became unstuck. Any thoughts?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Unsticky Smartmilk question
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 30, 23:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens. If it doesn't happen too close to transition, the Baby Controller will automatically detect and re-smartmilk the baby at the next feeding time. Technically, it's not supposed to stick, and having it become unstuck is supposed to be the norm rather than the aberration.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 30, 23:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its mighty late here, which is probably why I started wondering:

How the diddeley do you figure out the IQ on your kids? Ive got the Baby Controller, but I cant seem to find any IQ checks... (Which probably says a lot about my own, but lets leave that for another cheesy post.)

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 30, 23:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the diddeley do you figure out the IQ on your kids? Ive got the Baby Controller, but I cant seem to find any IQ checks... (Which probably says a lot about my own, but lets leave that for another cheesy post.)

It's in the newest version. Use the Sim you're checking to click on the eye, select "Options" and from there you can check the IQ.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 30, 23:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens. If it doesn't happen too close to transition, the Baby Controller will automatically detect and re-smartmilk the baby at the next feeding time. Technically, it's not supposed to stick, and having it become unstuck is supposed to be the norm rather than the aberration.

Ok, so if it sticks into childhood at that point it becomes permanently stuck, barring the specific situations that will unstick it, ie Thinking Cap, resetting the Sim?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 31, 08:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so if it sticks into childhood at that point it becomes permanently stuck, barring the specific situations that will unstick it, ie Thinking Cap, resetting the Sim?
It's also possible for it to become unstuck if your last act was to drink the smart milk prior to aging, or for no perceptibly obvious reason. It's just abnormal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 31, 13:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only recently started using the Baby Controller and so far none of mine have become 'unstuck'.  I used to give them smart milk on transition, but they seem OK now with just one bottle.  I haven't used the facility to feed Smart Milk all the time because I don't know if it would still do it even if none of the Sims were gold or platinum, or would it detect that and use ordinary milk?  Also, for some reason with the toddlers it doesn't always notify me when they need to go to sleep.  It seems to depend on the house, so perhaps there is something interfering with it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 31, 13:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only recently started using the Baby Controller and so far none of mine have become 'unstuck'.  I used to give them smart milk on transition, but they seem OK now with just one bottle.  I haven't used the facility to feed Smart Milk all the time because I don't know if it would still do it even if none of the Sims were gold or platinum, or would it detect that and use ordinary milk?
The object will automatically detect whether a sim is in gold or platinum when making the decision to feed smart milk. In fact, it will specifically seek out a sim in gold or platinum to use for the task. It will also detect smartness automatically, and smartmilk will not be used if it will not provide additional benefit if the "always smart milk" option is left in its default state (off).

Also, for some reason with the toddlers it doesn't always notify me when they need to go to sleep.  It seems to depend on the house, so perhaps there is something interfering with it.
Is the warnbox mode on, and no sims are available? If sims are available, they will automatically handle it, and if the warnbox is off, you will not be notified if nobody is available to deal with the situation.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 31, 18:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

smartmilk will not be used if it will not provide additional benefit if the "always smart milk" option is left in its default state (off).
What about if it's on?  Will it detect then that it isn't needed?  I'm a bit confused here because it's never got them to feed smart milk when it's been off.

Is the warnbox mode on, and no sims are available? If sims are available, they will automatically handle it, and if the warnbox is off, you will not be notified if nobody is available to deal with the situation.
Yes, the warnbox is on, I always have it on, and there have always been Sims available.  I will check a few more houses because so far it's just been in the one that it's happened.  No biggie, I'll just keep my own eye on them instead of the controller eye.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 31, 18:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about if it's on?  Will it detect then that it isn't needed?  I'm a bit confused here because it's never got them to feed smart milk when it's been off.
If it is on, it will compulsively ram smartmilk into your sims regardless of whether they need it, anytime they're not busy and sufficiently hungry. If it is off, smartmilk will be fed at feeding time only if Semi-Attribute 0x1C (learn rate boost) is < 200 (stuck smart milk rate).

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 01, 00:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is on, it will compulsively ram smartmilk into your sims regardless of whether they need it, anytime they're not busy and sufficiently hungry. If it is off, smartmilk will be fed at feeding time only if Semi-Attribute 0x1C (learn rate boost) is < 200 (stuck smart milk rate).
Just as a matter of interest, do any of them actually have an IQ of 200?  I've only ever seen 100 (never had smart milk) and 300 (had smart milk). 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 01, 00:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

200 would be a non-TC, non-smartmilked sim being taught on a career object, or an ordinary sim wearing a TC. Either alone is +100% LR, which would yield 200%.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 01, 08:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so a kid who had sticky smartmilk, with the TC and being taught would have an IQ of 400?  Cheesy

Jaayar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 01, 13:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in the newest version. Use the Sim you're checking to click on the eye, select "Options" and from there you can check the IQ.

I have never seen this option on the baby controller. I was pretty sure I had the latest version (the one in the hack directory, right?) but I downloaded it again just to be sure, but still no IQ reference. Probably says something about mine too cyperangel.
Any ideas Huh  anyone?

p.s. what's TC?

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 01, 13:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click Options, then Test IQ on the baby controller to Test IQ. The TC is the Thinking Cap aspiration reward object.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Jaayar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 01, 13:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info on the TC
I am clicking on options on the baby controller, but all I see are
Manual override
Warning box
Lobot nannies
Always smart milk

Is this where I should see the IQ test?

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 01, 13:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download the newest version, had to download to it got updated not that long ago. Was updated on the 14th of July.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/hacks/

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Jaayar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 01, 13:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that was the one I re-downloaded today
I get the feeling I am going to feel awfully foolish when someone points out what I am doing wrong.

Jaayar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 01, 17:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got it in the director's cut version.
At least I was able to find the answer before everyone pointed and laughed.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 02, 13:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so a kid who had sticky smartmilk, with the TC and being taught would have an IQ of 400?  Cheesy
Wouldn't that be 700?  300 for the sticky smartmilk, 200 for the TC and 200 for the being taught?  In fact, if they're 'sticky' with smartmilk, do the parents actually need to wear the thinking cap?  And does wearing the TC when using the reward objects add anything, especially if the child is already 'sticky'?  This is all extremely confusing!  Any chance of a rundown list of some kind?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 02, 14:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't that be 700?  300 for the sticky smartmilk, 200 for the TC and 200 for the being taught?
No. Stuck Smart Milk does not stack with TCs. In fact, wearing a TC unsticks your smart milk. The figures at +200% for smartmilk, +100% for a TC, and +100% for being taught. Being taught can stack with Smart Milks or TCs, but TCs do not stack with Smart Milk.  This means that the highest rate is +300% (400) for stuck smart milk + instructor.

In fact, if they're 'sticky' with smartmilk, do the parents actually need to wear the thinking cap?  And does wearing the TC when using the reward objects add anything, especially if the child is already 'sticky'?  This is all extremely confusing!  Any chance of a rundown list of some kind?
As mentioned in the mythology section, wearing a TC as an instructor has no observed effect.

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 24, 10:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I check IQ of my toddlers or teens who have the stuck smartmilk it always tells me their IQ is 1300.

What I want to know is there a way to make them stay at this.  It seems to go away of its own accord.

Thanks.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 24, 11:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4885.0.html, specifically necromancy.

Then start a new thread.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: