More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:13:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Fix for Fence of Farmington?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fix for Fence of Farmington?  (Read 3640 times)
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Fix for Fence of Farmington?
« on: 2013 March 24, 17:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know why I didn't notice this before but now it's really bugging me! I'm trying to find someone willing to fix this EA fence. MTS says they don't take requests-odd, since it's a request for a fix. I know there are people here who post corrections so am hopeful.

EA messed up the channels on this fence-big surprise! It has 3 channels: 1 for the iron railing, 1 for the fence base and 2 sides of the post, and 1 for the other 2 sides of the post, the caps and the rail between the iron and the base. WRONG! The biggest problem with this is that the posts don't rotate when the fence is placed at an angle to the front of the lot.

What would be ideal is if someone could either fix it so all 4 sides of the post recolor with either the base fence of the rail between the iron and the base OR, even better, if someone could create a 4th channel and apply the 4 sides of the post to this channel.

If this isn't the right place for this, please let me know-or if you have any suggestions on who might be willing to tackle it. Thx!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Fix for Fence of Farmington?
« Reply #1 on: 2013 March 25, 13:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kissing Toast does a lot of store fixes.  He's pretty busy, but you might be able to convince him to add it to his queue.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Aussome
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 March 26, 02:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Columbia,

Is this more or less what you're looking for?

I edited the mesh slightly to get all four sides of the post the same, and then assigned the post to channel 4.  You can now either have the fence posts match the walls and keep the border, or you can make them solid to match the outline/cap/rail colour instead.

Here's the package file if you think it will work for you.  It only contains the files necessary to implement the changes.  These files will override the original files, so if you've already used the fence, you will probably need to delete and place new copies and/or possibly clear the game caches in order for the changes to work.

I also updated the matching Farmington gate on the sides that face the fence.

NOTE: Only works in games that have the "Outdoor Living" stuff pack installed.

* Farmington_FenceGateREDO.package (38.54 KB - downloaded 209 times.)
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 April 17, 21:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't looking for a fix but I like what you did so I'm downloading.

ISFJ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: