More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:23:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  No rocks/gems/metals/seeds/lizards/turtles spawning
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No rocks/gems/metals/seeds/lizards/turtles spawning  (Read 3173 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
No rocks/gems/metals/seeds/lizards/turtles spawning
« on: 2013 March 22, 19:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. Well, I'm just having all sorts of problems lately.

I'm not sure this happened as a result of University or not, because yesterday I snatched up a ton of SPs/EPs from Origin (SPs are on sale for $6, for anyone who hasn't ARR'd them). Therefore, I now have every EP/SP except for Master Suite, Katy Perry, and Diesel.

When I first noticed this problem, I had all of my mods installed, so I removed the Mods folder to test (and cleared caches). I started a vanilla game in Sunset Valley and used testingcheats to give my Sim the Collection Helper. The problem I am having is this:

No gems, seeds, lizards or turtles are spawning.
Fish, insects, birds, snakes, and rodents are spawning, although, besides the fish, there are very few spawned.

I was not focused on collecting when I first installed University, but I seem to remember sending someone off with AM to collect rocks/gems/metals out in the world without issue. Before I removed my mods today to test, I discovered the lack of gems using SC, and got the popup, "No collectables of this type on map!"

As I said, I just recently downloaded new EPs (SN, Gen, SHT) with which I'm not entirely familiar. I have read something that seemed to indicate that the same spawners for rocks/gems are also used to spawn small animals, so that I may have to wait a few Sim weeks (seriously?!) for gems to spawn. This doesn't sound right to me, as I collected a plethora of gems with the Pets EP installed, all the way through Seasons, with no issues.

I downloaded Gen, SN, SHT, and a a number stuff packs simultaneously, so they all installed back to back. I suspect that if there is a problem, this caused it.

Is this normal game behavior with these new packs installed, or is there something wrong with my game?

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: No rocks/gems/metals/seeds/lizards/turtles spawning
« Reply #1 on: 2013 March 24, 23:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said, I just recently downloaded new EPs (SN, Gen, SHT) with which I'm not entirely familiar. I have read something that seemed to indicate that the same spawners for rocks/gems are also used to spawn small animals, so that I may have to wait a few Sim weeks (seriously?!) for gems to spawn. This doesn't sound right to me, as I collected a plethora of gems with the Pets EP installed, all the way through Seasons, with no issues.
Are you sure it didn't say a few Sim days? Gems, rocks , seeds and metals will spawn after about 3 days. I've had games where they appeared after merely a day or two. Others where I've had to wait up to 5 days.

I don't know what factors that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: