More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:01:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Uni Life Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni Life Thread  (Read 40383 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Re: Uni Life Thread
« Reply #50 on: 2013 March 21, 14:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PPS. SJActress: Yes, not just in the Uni world either.  My sim at home, say Jim, will click on his own assigned bed and get "Sleep in Jim's bed".
I don't have University, but I get same thing.  Sim Rho="sleep in Rho's bed"

That's not what I'm saying. It's a roommate I don't control, so I was using, say, Jim, to click on Jane's bed to check and make sure it was assigned to Jane, and it was. However, upon re-assigning it to Jane, the game seems to think that "Jane" and "Jane" are two different people, as opposed to the same one, which is why Jane wasn't sleeping in her available bed.

I noticed that if she has to go to classes and game prompts the action in her queue, her needs will remain static until after she has attended classes.

I'm pretty sure this is intended behavior, so Sims don't pee themselves or starve to death during lectures. I'm not sure why she'd still be hungry after finishing eating, though.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2013 March 21, 20:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think something the game does, glitches either the sim, the bed or both. This problem first arose when sims would use Simport to go to someone else's game. Upon return, their beds wouldn't recognise the sims as the same person anymore. Not sure what action on the Uni campus would have the same effect though.

I'm pretty sure this is intended behavior, so Sims don't pee themselves or starve to death during lectures. I'm not sure why she'd still be hungry after finishing eating, though.

Maybe it is, although I have my doubts. The problem is that her needs go static as soon as the icon pops up in her queue. So no matter what I had queued up at the time, it won't have any effect. Let's say she had to eat, use the toilet and shower. She just finished eating and is on her way to the toilet. The class icon pops up. She will go to the toilet and shower but her bladder will not empty and her hygiene bar won't go up. Let's say the classes icon pops up while she's eating. Then her hunger bar won't fill either. As far as I know this only affects this particular sim too.

So I basically have to wake her up extra early and push her to fill her needs bar before the the game prompts her to go to class. i don't recall ever having this problem with her older brother.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2013 March 22, 03:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotcha, SJ.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2013 March 29, 16:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that her needs go static as soon as the icon pops up in her queue. So no matter what I had queued up at the time, it won't have any effect. Let's say she had to eat, use the toilet and shower. She just finished eating and is on her way to the toilet. The class icon pops up. She will go to the toilet and shower but her bladder will not empty and her hygiene bar won't go up. Let's say the classes icon pops up while she's eating. Then her hunger bar won't fill either. As far as I know this only affects this particular sim too.

Played University for the first time today and ran into the same problem. I had two active sims and it happened for both of them, when the time to go to class came, all their motives froze. I cancelled the "go to class" interaction for one of them and tried to have him eat again but he still wouldn't gain hunger. I even tried to move his hunger motive up with testingcheats enabled but I couldn't. I could only drag motives up/down again after the class was over, at 10 am.

Dive in!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2013 March 29, 22:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. Seems to be standard behaviour with the locked motives. I took two Sims through Uni successfully and then when one of those Sims and her new husband tried to go back (he was going to finish his first degree, she was going to start her third) the game would crashe before Uni could load. Now I simply cheat them a degree - there is nothing about the campus that I am going to miss all that much - and it makes it a lot easier to keep the neighbourhood going when you play primarily one family but wish to keep their contemporaries actually contemporary.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2013 April 01, 16:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got around to installing Uni, and looked around the campus a little.

My first impression is that whoever designed the dorms must not have ever seen an actual college dormatory.  They'd be more appropriate as greek houses.  The dorm in the middle of campus fits in, so I think I'll convert it into a student lounge with a bar, band stage, Showtime stage, and laundry.  As for the two far corner dorms, I'll either gut the interiors and rebuild, or just bulldoze and replace.

Speaking of greek houses, I do like the Fraternity and Sorority houses, but both are decorated much too expensively.  I'll have to redecorate using mismatched Kewian-Based Substitutes for the proper student shabby look.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2013 April 29, 16:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an almost daily occurrence in my dorms.  I'd move sim-Trepie out if he wasn't such a fire loving daredevil.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2013 May 01, 04:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter is experiencing some glitch where her sim went back to University, has been there a week and no classes have started. Anyone else have this happen?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2013 May 04, 21:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it my imagination or does the sim who issues a trivia challenge always lose?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2013 May 05, 14:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter is experiencing some glitch where her sim went back to University, has been there a week and no classes have started. Anyone else have this happen?

Did she add anything new to the game? When I had this problem (classes never started) it was a mod causing it.

I sing along with elevator music.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2013 May 09, 03:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did she add anything new to the game? When I had this problem (classes never started) it was a mod causing it.

I've added some clothes, hair and various custom content but the only mod I have is Awesome Mod.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
mackico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2013 May 14, 06:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even know what's going on in my game.

Somehow a Sim ended up hovering in empty space in midair on the second floor about two floor tiles outside of one of the dorm bathrooms. She spontaneously caught on fire there and because the fireman and no other Sim could reach her she died. I got it on video, but I'm sort of a technocretin and don't know where the video files caught ingame go so I can't upload it to YouTube. Then the butler I hired to keep the dorm clean somehow got stuck in the fireplace and I didn't notice until she starved to death. I should have noticed that the place was getting a bit dirty, but I guess I'm not that observant.

Sims just keep seeming to end up in places where they should not seem to be able to route to. But I have no idea why that one Sim caught on fire when she routed outside upstairs. Thankfully nothing has happened to the Sim I've been playing.
mackico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2013 May 15, 01:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim seems to be really bad luck around the dorm because another of his dorm mates just died. He got electrocuted outside during a storm. I guess he must have been struck by lightning.

My Sim was asleep in bed.

There's no graveyard in the University town to send these headstones to, so the ghosts keep haunting the dorm. They're a bit annoying.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: