More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:12:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  LOOKING FOR STUFF ON MATY? READ THIS FIRST.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: LOOKING FOR STUFF ON MATY? READ THIS FIRST.  (Read 5945 times)
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
LOOKING FOR STUFF ON MATY? READ THIS FIRST.
« on: 2013 March 08, 22:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome to MATY. If you're reading this, you've already taken the first step in the right direction. The MATY community is a warzone littered with C4 and landmines, but can be navigated with a little precaution. First and foremost, if you have a question concerning a mod, patch, item, or any game related issues, search the forum first, as it more than likely has already been brought up. Only make a thread if you have exhausted your search. Secondly, MATY is more of an asylum than a tea room, and if you are perceived as acting stupidly, such as asking obvious questions or posting things out of place, you will be subject to numerous amounts of name-calling and banter. Calling those who lambast you immature jerks will make them less inclined to help you. You will not win a flame war here, so don't try.

Now then, I'm guessing you're on the search for some mods. Most notably Awesomemod. Excellent! For those who can read directions, it's rather simple to do, and all the information you need is located in the AwesomeMod forum. To make Awesomemod work, you will need the framework for the mod properly installed, and then Awesomemod itself.

Awesomemod Framework Download: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15184.0.html
Awesomemod Download: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html

Awesomemod is the creation of J.M. Pescado, Lord Regent of the Municipality of MATY and El Presidente. It comes with many fixes and changes to the way the Sims 3 works, including sim behaviors and story progression. He regularly updates AM out of the white hot burning rage at EA goodness of his heart. Anytime the game updates, AM is updated shortly thereafter, if not immediately. Because of this, you must have the most current and up to date patches installed. (1.50 at time of writing) No exceptions.

If you're not here for AM, or you have AM working and are on the hunt for some content that you would otherwise get through more official sources, the Pudding Factory is the forum to search. And I mean THOROUGHLY search. All the information you could possibly require is there, and seeing as it's quite a lot, I won't get too into it here.

Remember: Above all, be polite, be smart, and don't do anything I wouldn't do. Welcome to MATY. Grab a helmet.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: LOOKING FOR STUFF ON MATY? READ THIS FIRST.
« Reply #1 on: 2013 March 09, 13:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did something happen to the stickied "FAQ -- READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" thread?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2013 March 09, 21:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think putting FAQ in the title immediately makes snowflakes skip it. After all their question is so unique it could never be frequently asked.

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 March 09, 21:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did something happen to the stickied "FAQ -- READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" thread?
Nope. It's still there.  But this is a nice, easy to read, and concise explanation on why to read "FAQ -- READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" before posting.

This should be stickied too.

Oh, before I forget..
*raspberries*

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 March 09, 23:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think putting FAQ in the title immediately makes snowflakes skip it. After all their question is so unique it could never be frequently asked.

SILLY SKADI.  YOU KNOW THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK TO SEE IF A FAQ EXISTS.  Tongue

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 March 11, 03:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be polite be changed to MOAR fight? Did the motto change when I wasn't looking? LOL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: