More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:40:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't load dorms (University Life)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't load dorms (University Life)  (Read 11959 times)
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Can't load dorms (University Life)
« on: 2013 March 08, 06:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed all of my CC, tried sending my sim to college by moving them into a dorm. The issue is, it says its loading and then doesn't actually load, just displays the University neighbourhood. Any ideas?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Can't load dorms (University Life)
« Reply #1 on: 2013 March 08, 08:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed all of my CC, tried sending my sim to college by moving them into a dorm. The issue is, it says its loading and then doesn't actually load, just displays the University neighbourhood. Any ideas?

Did you remove your Mods, not just the CC?  How exactly did you send the sim to University?  I sent a sim to University, placed him into a dorm and everything loaded and played just fine.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 March 08, 13:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

University is a glitchy nightmare still. I can load it fine but not place my sim into dorms -- only get the option to rent a house. I'm sure that once all the mods are up to date and whatnot, this will be better.

If you're using any of Nraas' mods, notice that parts of StoryProgression is broken.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 March 08, 16:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've managed to load the dorms just fine. The household I've been playing is living in the dorm near the science lot. I think next time I'll choose a house, though. My sims end up spending all their free time cleaning up after all the roommates and fixing broken appliances. I use AM, Master Controller, ErrorTrap and Overwatch.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 March 08, 17:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

University is a glitchy nightmare still. I can load it fine but not place my sim into dorms -- only get the option to rent a house. I'm sure that once all the mods are up to date and whatnot, this will be better.

Why are you trying to run the game with outdated cc?  That's like flattening your tires so you can complain about how poorly your car handles.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 March 08, 20:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you trying to run the game with outdated cc?  That's like flattening your tires so you can complain about how poorly your car handles.

Because it's the only glitch bothering me as it is, and I am not sending anyone to Uni at the moment. Thus, I can wait for Twallan and El Presidente to get done fiddling without any need to panic. I was pointing out to the person above that several 'essential' mods are still not in their final versions, not bawling about my own little problem.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 March 15, 20:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you trying to run the game with outdated cc?  That's like flattening your tires so you can complain about how poorly your car handles.
Because it's the only glitch bothering me as it is, and I am not sending anyone to Uni at the moment. Thus, I can wait for Twallan and El Presidente to get done fiddling without any need to panic. I was pointing out to the person above that several 'essential' mods are still not in their final versions, not bawling about my own little problem.

Really?  I am using AM and from Nrass, MC, Overwatch, Traffic, Woohooer and shooless.  I waited for all these to be updated, or at least confirmed functional with 1.50 and/or Uni, then updated.  They work just fine and the only really annoying glitch at the moment is the party problem.  Otherwise moving into dorms and playing is just fine, nothing to really fix other than the party situation.  I am sure there are other annoying features that will become more annoying the longer I play.

What other major mods are you waiting for? 

Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 March 16, 08:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was waiting for Nraas', mostly. Now he's updated most and fixed most glitches, but oddly enough, I still can't get any housing options in Universityland besides renting a house. Still hunting for conflicts although to be fair, it's not a big deal.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 March 16, 12:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to house a single sim, or multiple sims?  Because you only get the Greek and dorm options if you're playing a single-sim college "family."

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 March 16, 14:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been able to move three male sims at once into a frat house, with AM and some NRaas mods installed.  The only option that wasn't available was the sorority for obvious reasons.  They were all from the same main town household.  That might be an AM feature.

NRaas Traveler might still have wrinkles to iron out with University worlds; it's not one I use.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 March 17, 04:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims I sent to college were a male/female couple, and they only had house rental available in a mostly vanilla game.  Maybe it allows other housing options for same gender.

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 March 17, 05:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent three unrelated, fresh-from-CAS sims (two females and one male), and was able to move them into a dorm with no problem.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 March 17, 07:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had two females, one male, and was able to move them into a mixed dorm with no problems. The only options closed to this grouping were the fraternity/sorority ones and the single sex dorms.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 March 17, 12:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My couple was also married.  I wonder if that made the difference.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 March 17, 16:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two of my three sims were married to each other.  Seems like it would be odd to open up a frat house and dorms as an option just because they had a third wheel with them; hard to say though, it's EAxian logic.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 March 17, 18:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I haven't had an issue with options when I tried with a single sim I could select the houses, not just the dorms, and the same with 2 (a male & female) sims.  Is it possible that the ones not getting the rent house option don't have the funds to pay the rent?  just a thought.  I haven't tried to actually move them into one yet as I opted for the dorm.  As they were there for 2 weeks, I wanted to move them to a house for the 2nd week, but couldn't, so will wait until the next time they return and will try moving them into a house and see if actually moving into the house shows a problem as opposed to selecting one.

I suspect there are a lot more little annoying issues yet to be discovered.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 March 18, 03:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't people at MTS report that married couples can't go to uni because they are glitched?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 March 18, 12:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't people at MTS report that married couples can't go to uni because they are glitched?

I dunno.  The last time I spent any amount of time on their forums, I ignited controversy when I said I didn't like Pose Packs, the best moment of which was when one tard -- with tears of indignation streaming down its face -- said that it could tell it took HOURS to make just ONE POSE, and HOW DARE I dismiss creators' blood, sweat, and tears like that?

That being said, when I sent a single sim to Uni, I got all the housing options.  When I sent a married couple, I only got rental houses, which didn't bother me, as they were actually more conveniently located than the other housing options, and weren't a budget breaker at $300-$400 a week.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 March 18, 21:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it a same-sex couple? In case of a same-sex couple the other options ought to appear depending on their gender. Dorms, rental houses and either fraternity or sorority. A mixed couple should have had both the dorms and the rental houses appear. UL seems incredibly borked. I'm not really surprised since they based the UL "campus"  on the very borked WA system. SMH.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: