More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:24:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Proper way to Arr?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Proper way to Arr?  (Read 8257 times)
AwkwardNerdlet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Proper way to Arr?
« on: 2013 March 02, 21:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played Sims 3 since Pets. I've been lurking around best I can. There seems to be a lot of different things going on as far as not using cracks and new places to put your mods. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a thread or site with current instructions or pointers for retards? I'm installing all expansions and patches except 1.50.

I found the info on setting up the place for mods.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

I had a lot of issues with my game when I first tried it again, I then tried everything with CC and with none. I then patched it to 1.50 and it was unplayable. So I did the stupid thing and uninstalled everything for a fresh start. I Arr'ed all the packs from the same person so there will hopefully be no issues there.(games4theworld) I downloaded the fixes from their sites and the Patch Downloader from mts.

I tried using the launcher and it gave me a message about my copy being not legit, blah. I tried patching it before installing WA with the launcher and the patcher. Didn't work. I used the cracked TS3app anyway, and I could open the game but I couldn't patch it or download WA since it couldn't update during setup either. I read the manual from the fix and that depends on me installing another expansion. Which I can't.

So, can someone please help?

Edit: Games4theworld is full of fail.  They complicate everything.  Downloaded ftl/reloaded and everything worked fine. It was extremely simple.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 13, 22:32:46 by AwkwardNerdlet » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Proper way to Arr?
« Reply #1 on: 2013 March 02, 22:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played Sims 3 since Pets. I've been lurking around best I can. There seems to be a lot of different things going on as far as not using cracks and new places to put your mods. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a thread or site with current instructions or pointers for retards? I'm installing all expansions and patches except 1.50.

I found the info on setting up the place for mods.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

I had a lot of issues with my game when I first tried it again, I then tried everything with CC and with none. I then patched it to 1.50 and it was unplayable. So I did the stupid thing and uninstalled everything for a fresh start. I Arr'ed all the packs from the same person so there will hopefully be no issues there.(games4theworld) I downloaded the fixes from their sites and the Patch Downloader from mts.

I tried using the launcher and it gave me a message about my copy being not legit, blah. I tried patching it before installing WA with the launcher and the patcher. Didn't work. I used the cracked TS3app anyway, and I could open the game but I couldn't patch it or download WA since it couldn't update during setup either. I read the manual from the fix and that depends on me installing another expansion. Which I can't.

So, can someone please help?

I must be feeling generous today so I've highlighted your problems. You won't get any more than that as you've done something so basic that we're all tired of hearing it.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
AwkwardNerdlet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 March 02, 22:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the 3booter set up before. I don't normally use the launcher, but it seemed worth a try at the time since nothing was working.

It didn't occur until now that I should set that up again and see if it helps.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 March 02, 23:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally I'm pretty generous about helping noobs learn to arr, but... wow. This is pretty epic.

Let me see if I understand correctly, as your post is all over the place. You uninstalled everything due to unrelated errors, and now you have installed the base game. The launcher is telling you that your copy is not legit, and WA will not install. Is that correct?

If so, install Ambitions. Should go fine, and then WA will install afterwards.

Most of the pirated basegame copies floating around are copies of the pre-release, so if your reported version is 0.XX (instead of 1.XX that would be the official release), the launcher nags you and WA gets shirty. For some reason Ambitions installs fine, and after that your base game has an acceptable version number so WA installs without errors.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 March 03, 03:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...(games4theworld)...

While those that have answered did so pretty well and are correct, your first and real problem is this. Do not ever get anything from this place, no good will ever come out of it.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 March 03, 16:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using EPs from them since Gen and no problem. You just need to use a no cd mod and avoid their so called fixes. It's just a crack that will hold you by the balls when there's a new patch, since you'll have to wait for them to upload a patched crack. They use FLT releases anyway, I just prefer them because it's quicker, not need to mount an ISO.

Because double clicking to mount an ISO is just so goddamn hard. I hear you! I hate double clicking, I try to avoid it as much as possible.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 March 03, 20:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

games4theworld distributes the Fairlight releases as perfectly acceptable ISOs, too, so I dunno what all that 'let's avoid the ISO' voodoo is about.

The torrents aren't evil just because they have games4theworld labels on them. Just avoid all their stupid 'fixes' and do the thing correctly.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 March 03, 22:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using EPs from them since Gen and no problem. You just need to use a no cd mod and avoid their so called fixes. It's just a crack that will hold you by the balls when there's a new patch, since you'll have to wait for them to upload a patched crack. They use FLT releases anyway, I just prefer them because it's quicker, not need to mount an ISO.

Because double clicking to mount an ISO is just so goddamn hard. I hear you! I hate double clicking, I try to avoid it as much as possible.

I don't see the point of mounting an ISO for then using a no cd mod.

Is that even English?

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 March 05, 18:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the point of mounting an ISO for then using a no cd mod.

Because after you install the game with the ISO, if you so chose you can delete it and continue using the No-cd mod and not worry about future Expansion installs and patches bitching about the strange .exe. You mount ISO, install game, unmount and delete or keep the ISO for future use, drop no-cd.package((Or Awesomemod) into the proper folder and play game.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2013 March 05, 20:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your arring is made of fail.

Download a proper FLT or Reloaded release. Create iso. Mount and install.
Unmount. Use AM or NRAAS no cd - not a cracked exe.
Patch using superpatch.

I ended up arring them all because I couldn't be arsed digging out my disks when I need to do a reinstall. Everything works fine, I can use the launcher to install stuff, but always start the game from the 3booter personally.

Arring isn't hard, you are just making it hard.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: