More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:07:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife: UGLY!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife: UGLY!  (Read 41232 times)
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Nightlife: UGLY!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 August 10, 04:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a distinct resemblance between line dancing and some blitzkreig maneuvers!  Grin

I don't see that anyone answered this: In the US, Makin' Magic was called Makin' Magic.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 August 10, 04:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see that anyone answered this: In the US, Makin' Magic was called Makin' Magic.

Wow, and a spade is called a....?  Tongue

<insert witty comment here>
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 August 10, 12:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter what country, a marching platoon/division/etc. of soldiers, with its strictly coordinated leg/arms/handsl/head movements is very reminiscent of line-dancing.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 August 10, 15:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I heard a rumour that linedancing is how the Nazi party got started. Grin

Have you ever seen one of those old British propoganda tapes from the war, where they spliced footage of a Nazi parade and played some of it backward, so it looked like they were linedancing? Hilarious.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 August 10, 16:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I heard a rumour that linedancing is how the Nazi party got started. Grin

Have you ever seen one of those old British propoganda tapes from the war, where they spliced footage of a Nazi parade and played some of it backward, so it looked like they were linedancing? Hilarious.

I've never seen that but it sounds great. My other favorite "rumour" (ok, I'm stealing some comedian's bit here) is that rap "music " actually was originally started by the "callers" of square dancing.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 August 11, 12:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only have to watch some old black and white news-reels to see that the choreography that went into the goose step obviously has its origins in linedancing. I also think that there's a strong possibility that sharp pointy things under the toenails played a part... I mean, take a look at those guys? Do they look happy?

Meh...
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2005 August 11, 14:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen that but it sounds great. My other favorite "rumour" (ok, I'm stealing some comedian's bit here) is that rap "music " actually was originally started by the "callers" of square dancing.

That is an excellent theory!  I still maintain that cRap was developed for the sole purpose of appealing to musicians who have no real musical or singing talent whatsoever, and so they are able to get away with making a simple beat and talking over it. 

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 August 11, 17:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree, LK....I can't sing a note in tune but I'm sure I could talk over a backbeat. By the way, do you know why punk/goth rock was invented? So ugly kids could be popular too Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 August 11, 22:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still maintain that cRap was developed for the sole purpose of appealing to musicians who have no real musical or singing talent whatsoever, and so they are able to get away with making a simple beat and talking over it.
I've given this some thought and have finally decided to take offence at your opinion LK.  It being my gorgeous son's birthday and all; he MCs (the UK version of rapping) and he's good at it.  Granted that he hasn't been able to sing since his voice broke, but he is talented, makes his own music, writes his own lyrics and is good enough to perform at different venues.

Rapping has helped to keep alot of teens out of trouble in my area - and I live in a rough and ready part of London.  In fact, my road's so 'hard' that my cat takes on any dogs that try to pass through our area! 

happy now :-)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 August 11, 22:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is an excellent theory!  I still maintain that cRap was developed for the sole purpose of appealing to musicians who have no real musical or singing talent whatsoever, and so they are able to get away with making a simple beat and talking over it. 
Wow! That's exactly what I say!
I reckon cRap audiences are really dumb too, if it doesn't have a heavy driving beat, they don't know what to make of it. Chanting in Time 101.

The younger Polynesian peoples in Aotearoa flock to rap in droves, unfortunately they also absorb the gang culture norms from America. They call themselves 'gangstas' and have eastside and westside gangs. And the crips and the bloods. In New Zealand for crissake. They don't even know east or west of what. GAAARH.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ardin Topani
Blathering Buffoon

Where'd my avatar go? This will do for now.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 August 11, 22:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still maintain that cRap was developed for the sole purpose of appealing to musicians who have no real musical or singing talent whatsoever, and so they are able to get away with making a simple beat and talking over it. 

I gotta disagree, too. While most rappers are very bad (as many singers are very bad--see American Idol or Pop Star), there are some that are very good. For example, Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes are great. They have good tone and flow and their lyrics are well written. I'm not what you would call a rap fan, but I think there's a lot more to rap music than just talking over a beat.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 August 12, 05:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also agree that most singers are crap. Take Britney Wossname for example, if there weren't electronic boosters, aids and backing vocals to everything she did it would sound even worse than it does. I was listening to Alison Moyet and Shania Twain last weekend. That Alison has a voice to die for. Shania always sounds a bit nasal to me but by god, put next to someone like Britney, at least Shania can rock a whole stadium with the power of her voice. -And she can sing in tune.

I think the music company monopolies have had things their own way for far too long, making and breaking stars as it pleases them, regardless of talent. The Internet is responsible for opening up opportunities again and letting people be heard, for good or for bad. Wink Yay the Interweb!

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 August 12, 11:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shania Twang, that is, witch, or "Every Man's Wet Dream Provided You Put Ear Plugs In"?  Grin

Don't care for cRAP, or much R n B and loathe Hip Hop. Like almost everything else except Country.

Meh...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 August 12, 12:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. R & B neither. Buncha wailing. That damn Whitney Houston song out of the Bodyguard - took me bloody weeks to get that out of my head, it just wails on and on and on...

Adore reggae though.  Cheesy

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 August 12, 12:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that the Whitney "bodyguard" song is the perfect performance of a song. Never heared before, and possibly never will hear again such a  performance...Smiley. When I heared it the first time, I got the goose bumps...Smiley.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 August 12, 12:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. R & B neither. Buncha wailing. That damn Whitney Houston song out of the Bodyguard - took me bloody weeks to get that out of my head, it just wails on and on and on...

Adore reggae though.  Cheesy

Reggae cool, man. Whitney has talent, bad taste in men and even less in musical vehicles to showcase that voice. Mariah "pain in the arse" Carey, simper...

Oooh, shall make her as Sim and kick on regular basis.

Meh...
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 August 12, 13:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some R&B is good, also some of the Jazz. I like the old rock'n rollers, such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult etc. I have a bunch of classical music as well. I also listen to U2, The Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Evanescence and the like. I like some of the Metallica songs too.

Never heard anything by Spears, Twain et al, they don't interest me at all. I also listen to the German rock bands such as Die Ärzte, Die Toten Hosen. I don't like country/western, I seem to be unable to distinguish between songs. They all seem to be alike to me, I must have a tin ear for this kind of music.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ardin Topani
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 August 12, 15:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some R&B is good, also some of the Jazz. I like the old rock'n rollers, such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult etc. I have a bunch of classical music as well. I also listen to U2, The Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Evanescence and the like. I like some of the Metallica songs too.

Never heard anything by Spears, Twain et al, they don't interest me at all. I also listen to the German rock bands such as Die Ärzte, Die Toten Hosen. I don't like country/western, I seem to be unable to distinguish between songs. They all seem to be alike to me, I must have a tin ear for this kind of music.

Nope, all country music does sound the same. I've listened to way more than I'd like over the last few years.

U2 is my all time favorite band. I'll listen to a little bit of everything else, though--jazz, classical, rock, reggae, ska, etc.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2005 August 12, 15:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not what you would call a rap fan, but I think there's a lot more to rap music than just talking over a beat.

You're right.  There's also cussing and drugs.

Well, to those who agree with me: Thank you.  To those who don't: Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and yours are wrong.

No!  That's not what I meant to say!  What I mean is that everyone has their own indivudual tastes in music, even though yours are bad.

No!  That's not what I meant, either!  I'm sure all rappers/hip hoppers are have their own strengths and weaknesses, despite the fact that very few actually graduated from high school or have any natural talent besides talking and getting in trouble with the law.

No!  Dammit!  Just forget it.

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 August 12, 15:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not what you would call a rap fan, but I think there's a lot more to rap music than just talking over a beat.

You're right. There's also cussing and drugs.

Well, to those who agree with me: Thank you.  To those who don't: Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and yours are wrong.

No!  That's not what I meant to say!  What I mean is that everyone has their own indivudual tastes in music, even though yours are bad.

No!  That's not what I meant, either!  I'm sure all rappers/hip hoppers are have their own strengths and weaknesses, despite the fact that very few actually graduated from high school or have any natural talent besides talking and getting in trouble with the law.

No!  Dammit!  Just forget it.
Keep it up LK and I'll be sending my boyz and the cat round! Grin

LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2005 August 12, 15:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll get my own Boyz Wit Catz N Da Burbz to fight you!  Wink

Ardin Topani
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 August 12, 15:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Sheepmasters were correct in calling you rude, LK.  Wink
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2005 August 12, 15:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They were mean first!! Wink

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 August 12, 15:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They were mean first!! Wink
A typical infant response!  What are YOUR strengths, LK?  It's easy to point the finger at others and laugh, but diversional techniques don't work with adults!  Come on...I'm waiting.... Roll Eyes

LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2005 August 12, 15:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was my inner infant fighting to come out.  (FerretLance isn't the only one who has bipolar tendencies, you know.)

My strengths?  Biting sarcasm, dashing good looks, and--wait!  Did you see that?!  It was David Hasselhoff!

(Runs away.)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: