More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:09:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife: UGLY!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife: UGLY!  (Read 41224 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Nightlife: UGLY!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 July 31, 20:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she was going for the big noise more than a big score.
Oh, I got an impressive noise, too. I'd hit with enough power to hurl pins into neighboring alleys on a proper "discus thrower" toss.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 01, 07:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's a "natural" game behavoir. I would guess that they staged the dancing and the bowling because they think it looks cool when a lot of people are doing it at once. It's fairly easy to manipulate the game like that, but I doubt that if they played that for more than a few minutes all the sims would actually keep doing that. They'd wander off and do a bunch of random useless stuff individually, and have to be herded back to the activity in question.

If that's not the case, I'm going to shoot whoever's responsible. Multiple times. Maybe some machine gun linedancing will drive it into the programmers brains why this is a bad thing.

I think they're doing the "Smustle" in that picture (essentially, the "Hustle" but they changed the first two letters so it seems like it's an original idea that gaming magazines will all titter at in their reviews of NL and say "oh Maxis, you've done it again!").  Apparently, like how Sims now can dance together, the Smustle is a group interaction that Sims will autonomously join and based on their dancing skills and how well they know each other, it will either look very cool or very...not cool. 

I must say though, that I will no longer read Nightlife related information on this site as I am still optimistic about the game.  I still plan to wait a couple of weeks before buying it though so as to wait for the most obvious bugs to surface.  Cool
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 01, 08:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a deeply disturbing thought: what if they don't fix the wall-building code?  Shocked

As deeply flawed and frequently unusable as the wall-builder is now, imagine when they add "half-walls" to the game. I shudder at the thought.

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 01, 11:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, gah. Linedancing. *shudder*    Lips sealed

Dear God no...

Meh...
nothingbutsims
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 01, 12:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mother tried to get me to linedance once  Embarrassed total embarassment
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 01, 12:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Line dancing can be great fun...I used to go to a country bar in college (despite not being big into country music) and it was a lot of fun. My favorite was the Tush Push Cheesy

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 01, 16:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That first picture made me laugh. Unfortunately, in real life line dancing seems just as obsessive-compulsive. I can't even do the "Electric Slide", so I'm always the one who remains at the table making sure the purses don't get stolen.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 01, 18:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That first picture made me laugh. Unfortunately, in real life line dancing seems just as obsessive-compulsive. I can't even do the "Electric Slide", so I'm always the one who remains at the table making sure the purses don't get stolen.

That's the one I was trying to think of, the 'electric slide'. I have friends who belong to a moose club (or elk, I'm not entirely sure) and they drag me over there every once in a while. I usually sit at the table and watch too (making darn sure that no one swipes the beer, and oh yeah, the purses too :D)

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 01, 18:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the one I was trying to think of, the 'electric slide'. I have friends who belong to a moose club (or elk, I'm not entirely sure) and they drag me over there every once in a while. I usually sit at the table and watch too (making darn sure that no one swipes the beer, and oh yeah, the purses too Cheesy)

G.

It's a very important job, and not one to be taken lightly! That's what my Electric-Sliding friends don't get...
And the beer, well... I swipe the beer while they dance. They come back  to the table all hot and sweaty and say "Hey, Val! Where'd our beer go?" to which I reply "Dunno. (Burp).".
Great, now that song is in my head. "It's electric!". Damn brainworms.
Ardin Topani
Blathering Buffoon

Where'd my avatar go? This will do for now.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 01, 20:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ex played in a country band (still does) and so back when I cared, I would go to every gig with him to watch. This was a big sacrifice on my part because I despise country music. I would have survived except the bassist's wife went to every show, too, and she loved to dance. I was forced on multiple occasions to line dance because she wanted a partner. I hate group dancing. All those years of having to Chicken Dance and Electric Slide as a child scarred me in ways I cannot describe.

There will be no group dancing for my sims. I forbid it. They are dronish enough.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 04, 06:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dearie dearie me, linedancing is still popular in some parts of NZ and in fact only really hit here about 10-15 years ago. Funny thing is it was taken up by two main groups I knew about, country & western people and dykes. It's pretty scary doing a linedance with a bunch of dykes when you're not a dyke and have no sense of rhythm.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 04, 06:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some good concerns raised here. But who am I kidding, I'm a junkie that will buy whatever EP they put out. Even if its "Sims! Crap on a Cracker!"

Although with Sims 1, I finally got fed up and didn't play or buy anything after Unleashed.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 04, 06:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some good concerns raised here. But who am I kidding, I'm a junkie that will buy whatever EP they put out. Even if its "Sims! Crap on a Cracker!"

Entirely plausible, I think, a couple of years from now after they've rehashed every EP they put out for TS1 - I can just see it now - ' TS2 Crap on a Cracker - Watch your Neighbourhood Implode - now with More Bugs, Less Patches and a brand new collection of Godawful Walls You'll Never Use"

Screw rivalry, I'm really going to need those flamethrowers by that time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 04, 09:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although with Sims 1, I finally got fed up and didn't play or buy anything after Unleashed.
Wasn't Unleashed the last one?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 04, 09:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Makin' Magic was the last one. I think it was called something different over in the US though.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 04, 10:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasnt there Superstar too? Or something about fame?

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Venusy
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 04, 10:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasnt there Superstar too? Or something about fame?
There was, but I think that came out before Unleashed.
As far as I remember, this is the complete order:
The Sims,
Livin' It Up, (Livin' Large in the US)
House Party,
Hot Date,
On Holiday, (Vacation in the US and everywhere but UK and China)
Unleashed,
Superstar,
Makin' Magic

EDIT: Fixed inaccuracies.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 04, 12:01:35 by Venusy » Logged

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 August 04, 10:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was called Makin' Magic in the US... I didn't realise we got another special titled game just because we're British.

And I agree with that order...

A proud thread pirate.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 August 04, 10:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which means we get the US version in NZ 'cos we had Vacation.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Venusy
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 August 04, 11:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. I thought I'd got something wrong. I started with all the Sims 1 EPs preinstalled on my PC, and so most of the first half of the order was worked out by looking at a box set of Prima guides. I thought Makin' Magic was called something different in the US, but if it isn't, blame my memory. From Wikipedia, Vacation was only titled On Holiday in the UK and China, nowhere else.

fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 August 04, 11:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Superstar came after Unleashed - I remember because installing Unleashed was the last thing I ever did on my old 'puter - when SS came out, I was forced to buy a new one. The things you do for Sims....  Roll Eyes
Venusy
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 August 04, 11:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Superstar came after Unleashed - I remember because installing Unleashed was the last thing I ever did on my old 'puter - when SS came out, I was forced to buy a new one. The things you do for Sims....  Roll Eyes

Oops. My fault. Should have done some fact checking first. Unleashed did come before Superstar according to the Wikipedia articles for Unleashed and Superstar.

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 August 09, 15:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dearie dearie me, linedancing is still popular in some parts of NZ and in fact only really hit here about 10-15 years ago. Funny thing is it was taken up by two main groups I knew about, country & western people and dykes. It's pretty scary doing a linedance with a bunch of dykes when you're not a dyke and have no sense of rhythm.  Grin

Heheheheh...

Meh...
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 August 09, 16:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I heard a rumour that linedancing is how the Nazi party got started. Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 August 10, 04:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never heard that, but it makes perfect sense.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: