More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 18:50:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife: UGLY!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife: UGLY!  (Read 41747 times)
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Nightlife: UGLY!
« Reply #100 on: 2005 August 13, 23:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I heard a rumour that linedancing is how the Nazi party got started. Grin

Have you ever seen one of those old British propoganda tapes from the war, where they spliced footage of a Nazi parade and played some of it backward, so it looked like they were linedancing? Hilarious.

Yep, I thought of that film too - it was set to the tune of "Doing the Lambeth Walk (Oi!)" and I remember my Grandfather saying he cried with laughter when it was shown in the local cinema.

JMP: R&B has stood for Rhythm and Blues for most of my life - but my Ex's kids told me I was an idiot for not knowing it means Rhythm and Bass nowadays. All I know is I'd rather listen to Dr. Feelgood than some fool shaking his jewellry at me...

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 August 13, 23:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I heard a rumour that linedancing is how the Nazi party got started. Grin

Have you ever seen one of those old British propoganda tapes from the war, where they spliced footage of a Nazi parade and played some of it backward, so it looked like they were linedancing? Hilarious.

Yep, I thought of that film too - it was set to the tune of "Doing the Lambeth Walk (Oi!)" and I remember my Grandfather saying he cried with laughter when it was shown in the local cinema.

JMP: R&B has stood for Rhythm and Blues for most of my life - but my Ex's kids told me I was an idiot for not knowing it means Rhythm and Bass nowadays. All I know is I'd rather listen to Dr. Feelgood than some fool shaking his jewellry at me...

Bah...linedancing...give me headbanging animations and a decent heavy metal soundtrack (not the nu-metal crap they've incorporated) and I'm a happy man! BTW, Dr. Feelgood as in Motley Crue?

Let the Beast inside you free!
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 August 13, 23:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this Dr. Feelgood.  Smiley
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 August 14, 07:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still maintain that cRap was developed for the sole purpose of appealing to musicians who have no real musical or singing talent whatsoever, and so they are able to get away with making a simple beat and talking over it.
I've given this some thought and have finally decided to take offence at your opinion LK.  It being my gorgeous son's birthday and all; he MCs (the UK version of rapping) and he's good at it.  Granted that he hasn't been able to sing since his voice broke, but he is talented, makes his own music, writes his own lyrics and is good enough to perform at different venues.

Rapping has helped to keep alot of teens out of trouble in my area - and I live in a rough and ready part of London.  In fact, my road's so 'hard' that my cat takes on any dogs that try to pass through our area! 

While Rap is not my personal choice in music, I do respect the fact that it is a form of modern day ballad and that's why it appeals to people.  It sounds raw and by design it is raw.  It is just another form of an Artist's desire, and sometimes desperation, to share their experiences and interpretation of modern society.  This is no different than impressionism in painting and sculpture - it looks like plain chaos to many, but it is orchestrated thought and passion put into form by the Artist.  As far as talent, Rap does take a great deal of coordination and rhythm and it is certainly colorful in form - I know I couldn't do it, so I have to appreciate those who do give it a go.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 August 14, 10:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of UGLY, What is with all the angry drink tossing in the restaurant/bistro scene's?  And I noticed a little meter thingy in one of the screenshots where this was snapped.  Maybe a new competition of sorts?

The men may drive those stupid cars, but it appears that the women get the drinks to throw on their dinner companion.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 August 14, 12:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That screenshot is obviously fake. If the date is being rated as "Ok", and the time bar is not elapsed, why are drinks being tossed in anger already?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 August 14, 12:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fake screenshot but realistic date scenario. "You take me out for a meal and this is what you order? I can get this crap at home (provided I am stood next to the fridge and there are no diagonal doors nearby)" *SPLOOSH*

Hmmm, at least in GTA:SA I can take her outside and smack her upside the head for getting my suit wet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 August 14, 13:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't say it's a REALISTIC scenario. Like many of the other scenarios in the game, like academic probation and being expelled,  teens running away, and being left at the altar, it's not realistically ever going to happen except in the most contrived circumstances. It may not even be possible to get it to occur naturally without modifying stats.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: