More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:14:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  TS1's Magic Town (World) - Released (But testing is wanted) [UPDATED 26-01-12]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS1's Magic Town (World) - Released (But testing is wanted) [UPDATED 26-01-12]  (Read 27986 times)
chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
TS1's Magic Town (World) - Released (But testing is wanted) [UPDATED 26-01-12]
« on: 2013 January 18, 17:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello! I, along with many of you, loved Makin' Magic for TS1. One of my favorite parts was Magic Town and that is what I am here to present to you today; Magic Town made into a Sims 3 world!

"Recently, there's been talk of strange happenings at the edge of town. Word on the street is that merchants and carnivals have arrived, bringing with them a menagerie of strange, spooky and even magical things. There's also a new cab company advertising family rides to Magic Town, Maybe you should give them a call."

I have taken the existing world and expanded it to incorporate elements for TS3. I have taken the time to try and make 1:1 recreations of the original lots.

I have ALL EPs and a few SPs. This world is deigned for all EPs so I don't recommend trying to use it without them. But there is NO CC or Store content used Smiley (Not even Riverview)

NOT setup for Awesome Story (not every house has a crib/cot)

• 30 Empty houses (a mix of my own buildings and edited bin lots)
  • 10 Empty Lots (1 20x20, 2 30x30, 6 30x20s, 1 64x64)
  • A Working Festival lot
  • The Supernatural Hangout is by neuroticrobotic
    • The House "Cozy Craftsman" is by SimmyRN

UPDATE 21-01-12
    Added more houses and few more empty lots. Add the rest of the non rabbit hole comm lots. Some terrain sculpting and spawners.

UPDATE 26-01-12
    The world is basically finished; things will only be changed if I or you find an issue. I think I included all spawners (at least one of each). Un-populated but I may make a populated version if I want to.

DOWNLOAD

This post will be updated when I update the world.
« Last Edit: 2013 January 26, 23:59:38 by chazzhay » Logged

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: TS1's Magic Town (World) - BETA
« Reply #1 on: 2013 January 18, 18:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice! I look forward to playing with it. I loved TS1's hoods and Magic Town was great fun.

I would like to request that when you add more residential / commercial lots that you use straight roads, keep the terrain flat, and leave plenty of space for expansion.
« Last Edit: 2013 January 18, 20:47:21 by jesslla » Logged

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 January 19, 01:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magic Town was my fave!  I will give it a try!
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 January 19, 01:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played for a sim day. No lag! No routing problems yet either. I haven't tried going everywhere yet, but we're off to a promising start!

chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 January 19, 13:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks jesslla. I guess it helps that the town is flat. My main concern with the routing was the sides of the river, I did leave a section under the bridge to allow for Sims to get down there and swim/fish once I place the spawners.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 January 20, 01:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no trouble getting down into the river to swim or getting out of the river. Three days into the first week and everything is fine.

chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 January 20, 01:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to hear. Will update the file over the next few days after adding more housing and spawners.

chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: TS1's Magic Town (World) - Released (But testing is wanted) [UPDATED 26-01-12]
« Reply #7 on: 2013 January 27, 00:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Released a version that is what I call 'finished'. OP edited.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: TS1's Magic Town (World) - Released (But testing is wanted) [UPDATED 26-01-12]
« Reply #8 on: 2013 January 27, 01:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time to move my sims to a new hood!

chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 January 27, 01:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you're excited. I do hope that there aren't any major issues!

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 November 12, 23:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing this town for a bit and find that it ends up being of limited utility, because you painted so much territory as being out of bounds for placing new lots. If I want to install all the new lots for different expansions, I quickly run out of places to put them. It's nice that you wanted to keep the integrity of the original world, but it makes it a bit hard to play with.

If you ever decide to update it, maybe you could get rid off some of those out of bounds paints.
chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 November 13, 01:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing this town for a bit and find that it ends up being of limited utility, because you painted so much territory as being out of bounds for placing new lots. If I want to install all the new lots for different expansions, I quickly run out of places to put them. It's nice that you wanted to keep the integrity of the original world, but it makes it a bit hard to play with.

If you ever decide to update it, maybe you could get rid off some of those out of bounds paints.
This was the first world I made that I actually released and the more I've played it myself the more I've realised things that are wrong with it. Sorry about that whole thing with the lack of soever but I think I've lost the world files so even if I wanted to I'm sure I'd be able to.  Undecided

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 December 01, 03:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's too bad, it was really pretty to look at, but I expect that you'll make much better ones at some point. Never mind then.
saieden
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 December 02, 17:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well damn, I was excited to try to build up the old carnival lots with the new roller-coaster set they're about to release, but I hadn't even noticed the out of bounds paint yet. Oh well, I'll see if I can wiggle around it for nostalgia's sake if nothing else. Thank you all the same for your awesome work on it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: