More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:28:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  An Awesome fix for messed up Ambitions professions with 'Supernatural'?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An Awesome fix for messed up Ambitions professions with 'Supernatural'?  (Read 10081 times)
Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
An Awesome fix for messed up Ambitions professions with 'Supernatural'?
« on: 2013 January 18, 13:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy folks,

sorry for making yet another noobish post. So, I've started to play the Ambitions careers again recently, and it's all messed up. Especially the Ghost Hunter career, as "Sim ghosts" (those medieval and stone age dudes) don't spawn at all anymore, effectively ruining the entire career since they're ... simply not there. I've also noticed a bug in the Firefighter career where the game wants me to rescue invisible Sims.
Since these bugs seem to be present since Supernatural and EA hasn't bothered to fix them ... I thought I'd ask the nice folks at MATY if there's a fix?

Thanks,
Rocki

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: An Awesome fix for messed up Ambitions professions with 'Supernatural'?
« Reply #1 on: 2013 January 18, 16:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried troubleshooting?  Because Supernatural has been out for a while, and I think someone else would have brought this up by now if this were an actual widespread issue and not just tight pants.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 January 19, 09:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all over the EAxis forums ever since SN. *shrugs*
It's just that I didn't play any of the Ambitions careers since Supernatural, and I would assume this to be the case for a bunch of people, so it's easy to not run into that bug for months.

I can't think of a single mod that would prevent those ghosts from being created by the game (plus, I think many of the kids posting on the EAxis forums don't even know how to use mods, so....) but I'm going to start a fresh, unmodded game just to be 100% certain. Smiley

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 January 19, 11:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried troubleshooting?  Because Supernatural has been out for a while, and I think someone else would have brought this up by now if this were an actual widespread issue and not just tight pants.

Here are some reports from MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=495420

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 January 19, 12:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. Definitely messed up with or without mods. Thanks for the link, YoungOldPrude!

— Lemony Snicket
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 January 19, 13:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say I'm all that surprised.  The rabbit holes they created for Moonlight Falls aren't compatible with Generations events like ballet recitals and scout ceremonies, either.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 January 19, 19:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should this topic be moved to the AM Request thread?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 January 19, 21:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes it should. I can't shift the first post and I won't dump the whole thread in there though, so I'll quote the OP.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 January 23, 09:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  Grin

— Lemony Snicket
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: