More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 15:00:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch - 1.47
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch - 1.47  (Read 19459 times)
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
New Patch - 1.47
« on: 2013 January 08, 20:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another tiny patch.  Yeesh.  

Anyway, here it is:  http://simsvip.com/2013/01/08/sims-3-game-update-1-47-1813/

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
YouWereAdopted
Corpulent Cretin

Can you jezzer in my mouth please

View Profile
Re: New Patch - 1.47
« Reply #1 on: 2013 January 08, 20:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they'd wait to release their dumb patches compared to one every other week and release an awesome superpatch that fixes their shitty game entirely.

But, I guess that'd be an entirely new game. The charm of sims 3 is that it crashes every ten minutes, every expansion pack is released pretty much broken, every other patch adds features that are already supposed to be exclusive to expansion packs, and more often than not, winds up screwing up at least more than half of the gaming community's games.

EA's so ridiculously cheap.

jezzer and I role play ferbies when we're feeling frisky
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 January 08, 20:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they'd wait to release their dumb patches compared to one every other week and release an awesome superpatch that fixes their shitty game entirely.

But, I guess that'd be an entirely new game. The charm of sims 3 is that it crashes every ten minutes, every expansion pack is released pretty much broken, every other patch adds features that are already supposed to be exclusive to expansion packs, and more often than not, winds up screwing up at least more than half of the gaming community's games.

Every new game comes with a patch. Stop your fucking complaining, it all sounds like PEBCAK anyway.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 January 08, 21:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every new game comes with a patch. Stop your fucking complaining, it all sounds like PEBCAK anyway.

Yep. EA's patch cycle is actually on the slower side. My MMO updates much more frequently. Well, I don't actually play anymore, but I assume they still update pretty frequently.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 January 08, 22:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't be so bad if these patches actually fixed anything. I'm still waiting for the vanilla 2009 (pre-nuclear holocaust) lighting/running bug/broken pathfinding/watching-tv-through-the-back-of-my-head/fuck knows what else fixes. But then I realise this is EA and no doubt this new patch will add even more Shop spam to my build/buy modes even though I have that intrusive crap switched off.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
YouWereAdopted
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 January 08, 23:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I specified precisely what EA's issues were.

I never had the trouble with The Sims 2 that I do with TS3. I'd say it was a coincidence, if it weren't I had the same problem with each 6 reinstalls or so on 3 different computers.

The expansion packs cost much, much more, with shallower gameplay, and it's obvious EA isn't working up to the potential they could be.

I have every right to complain. I put my money into this crap, and I'm definitely not putting any more in.

The patches usually don't fix what is truly broken, and add a crap ton of features that should probably be exclusive to expansion packs.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 January 09, 04:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had the trouble with The Sims 2 that I do with TS3. I'd say it was a coincidence, if it weren't I had the same problem with each 6 reinstalls or so on 3 different computers.

The expansion packs cost much, much more, with shallower gameplay, and it's obvious EA isn't working up to the potential they could be.

I have every right to complain. I put my money into this crap, and I'm definitely not putting any more in.

The patches usually don't fix what is truly broken, and add a crap ton of features that should probably be exclusive to expansion packs.

TS3 patching is a lot better than TS2.  Apparently you don't remember how TS2's EPs would ignore all other EPs and SPs, so you'd get things like the "Tinker" function from Free Time not working with half the objects in the game, or only one-third of the refrigerators having Seasons functions, etc.  Lord Darcy had an entire catalog of mods on MTS2 dedicated to making the EPs and SPs work together.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 January 09, 16:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, those are your issues.

And why should you? That's a completely different game.

Matter of opinion, not fact.

Of course you do, but we all know this isn't true. If it was EA wouldn't be able to get away with the actual things that they do.

In my experience the patches fix what the patches say they fix, how can they fix anything else? Are you actually complaining when they give free expansion pack stuff in a patch?

I'm not going to deney the fact that EA has dropped the ball on a few things throughout the years with this franchise, but if you're going to bitch and moan about it at least do it right. You come off as a whiny little brat that's moar suited for the BBS than here. Opinoin =/= fact.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 January 09, 20:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how many people were experiencing the problems they claim to be fixing, because I know I hadn't seen any of them.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
YouWereAdopted
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 January 09, 21:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going to deney the fact that EA has dropped the ball on a few things throughout the years with this franchise, but if you're going to bitch and moan about it at least do it right. You come off as a whiny little brat that's moar suited for the BBS than here. Opinoin =/= fact.

Yes, sir. In the future I'll try to complain par to your standards. My apologies.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 January 09, 22:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

com.plain Verb - Express  dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.

You didn't. You whined.

Example: I do not like the way EA has moved consistently towards the lowest common denominator in their marketing. Not only do they pander to children with their fashions and colour schemes but they force music that I find (at best) banal into the game unless modifications and/or the ceasation of all music based sounds in my game.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 January 09, 22:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She *does* claim to be an 18. 18s are not much better than 12s when it comes to so many things.

(Thank god I'm a mature 30 these days. It's easier to be smug from up here.)

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 January 09, 23:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enjoy it while you can remember it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 January 10, 01:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how many people were experiencing the problems they claim to be fixing, because I know I hadn't seen any of them.

I did have an issue with a sim that couldn't propose marriage, though I hadn't attempted to troubleshoot the issue (one of the sims dying the next day didn't help).
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 January 10, 04:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the marriage issue once and the telescope issue once, but since I can force marriage and I don't care about aliens (and both problems occurred with the same, likely-corrupted save), they weren't major issues to me.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 January 10, 04:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god. At least this 18 writes in literate sentences and backs up their bitching with reasons (whether they're experienced by others or not.)  Stop driving off the people who can actually type!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 January 10, 07:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god. At least this 18 writes in literate sentences and backs up their bitching with reasons (whether they're experienced by others or not.)  Stop driving off the people who can actually type!

If they're "driven off" because someone disagreed with them, they're far too sensitive for this site anyway.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
YouWereAdopted
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 January 10, 08:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

com.plain Verb - Express  dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.

You didn't. You whined.

Oi. The sitophilliac called me a complainer, there. Plain as day.

Not a whiner.

Maybe you should take your issue up with him. Or agree to disagree it's clearly a subjective term.

If they're "driven off" because someone disagreed with them, they're far too sensitive for this site anyway.

The internet is not really a place for sensitivity. But I'm ridiculously thick-skinned compared to the average human being. so.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 January 10, 16:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm torn.  On the one hand, she's clashing with my beloved AIDE and complaining about one of the rare things EA is actually doing correctly.  On the other, her spelling and grammar don't make me want to inflict blunt force amnesia upon myself with a brick, and knows words like "sitophilia."

IT'S MY OWN PERSONAL SOPHIE'S CHOICE.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013 January 10, 16:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please see Page 45, paragraph 6 in your Senator's Handbook of Proper Etiquette.

You are, as senator, required to side with the MOAR FIGHT aspect. Even if that means siding against your AIDE. Furthermore, your AIDE is not allowed to soup from being your AIDE because of such actions.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013 January 10, 17:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm torn.  On the one hand, she's clashing with my beloved AIDE and complaining about one of the rare things EA is actually doing correctly.  On the other, her spelling and grammar don't make me want to inflict blunt force amnesia upon myself with a brick, and knows words like "sitophilia."

IT'S MY OWN PERSONAL SOPHIE'S CHOICE.

Isn't she actually clashing with Madame Mim? She's the one that brought up the complain/whine thing. It's all the same vague, not backed up by facts complaining/whining/bitching/BBS to me. Why are we even listening to likes of BlueSoup anyways? Shouldn't she be busy souping?

MOAR FIGHT!!!!!

YouWereAdopted
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013 January 10, 18:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't think it's neccessary to back up my facts to cater solely to your complaining standards.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013 January 10, 19:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, burden of proof falls on the one who brought it up. Be moar smrt.

YouWereAdopted
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013 January 10, 19:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll keep that in mind..

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013 January 10, 21:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, blah blah blah, we know, but how is the patch treating everyone that has actually installed it? Or in other words: do I dare install it? How many have?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: