More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:35:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  No Zombies Spawning
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Zombies Spawning  (Read 9746 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
No Zombies Spawning
« on: 2013 January 10, 09:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've been playing my sim game for awhile now and noticed that not one zombie has spawned. I do not use any mods that stop/lower the spawn rate of zombies, so I don't understand what is going on there.

I do use Nraas Overwatch, Story Progression and Master Controller, but I selected no on clearing out the homeless when I first ran it, and I have clear out the homeless set to false so it doesn't get rid of them on overwatch, but I have yet to see a single zombie spawn. Is there perhaps something I am overlooking here? I know a lot of people say "Why the hell would you want those things to spawn?" - well frankly I like zombies, I like the concept of them, and would like to see them.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: No Zombies Spawning
« Reply #1 on: 2013 January 10, 10:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That belongs on Twallan's forum obviously. Roll Eyes
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 January 10, 10:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That belongs on Twallan's forum obviously. Roll Eyes

I've already been through Twallan's forum and the issue is not related to the Nraas mods, I've even tried removing them to weild no results, still no zombies. I am curious as to wheather it has anything to do with the fact that I am using a custom neighbourhood really, but I figured I'd ask about other things first.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 January 10, 13:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, zombies work in custom hoods. I have spawning zombies in my custom hoods at full moon and I use the same mods but not SP.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 January 10, 15:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have most of Twallan's mods, and I still get zombies.  Try a fresh save in an EAxian world (use game settings to decrease the wait between full moons so you don't have to wait forever to get to a point where you can test it).

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 January 11, 05:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have most of Twallan's mods, and I still get zombies.  Try a fresh save in an EAxian world (use game settings to decrease the wait between full moons so you don't have to wait forever to get to a point where you can test it).

Alright I tested this, and my results are as follows:

When I loaded the game I chose not to run story progression, the first full moon produced 3 zombies. The zombies themselves however were made up of current "homeless" sims, aka vendors/proprietors and the paparazzi, they stood outside my house and growled for about 1 hour before they suddenly turned human again and walked back to their spots.

I then turned on story progression and the next night I got 1 zombie, who just stood there and did nothing, I assume the nothingness progresses from the fact my sim is pregnant and they are probably immune to attacks. This zombie was a random nobody this time, and after an hourish or so turned back to human, got in a taxi and drove off to nowhere and disappeared from existence.

Also I noticed that they spawned on the house I am playing with on my custom hood is completely fenced off, and only has a small area out the front, that wouldn't make a difference would it?

Edit: On the third and fourth night no zombies spawned at all, there was what appeared to be a zombie at the beach, but the second I zoomed in on her, she went from green skinned back to human and ran away. - I continued to play for another sim week and no more zombies were spawning anymore.

Is this the usual behaviour of the zombies?
« Last Edit: 2013 January 11, 05:45:51 by Rubyelf » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 January 11, 06:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine used to spawn around the garden and then start eating the plants, for this most unzombie-like behaviour they have been banned.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 January 11, 09:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine used to spawn around the garden and then start eating the plants, for this most unzombie-like behaviour they have been banned.

Mine wont even touch plants! There was a literal smorgasbord of plants for them, but they just stood there growling until they turned into humans and disappeared.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 January 11, 14:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plants v. Zombies Sims Style! Without the peashooter even.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 January 11, 16:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombies will not enter or spawn in your house, and a fenced-in yard is considered an interior for these purposes.  I'm not sure how big of a space they need for spawning purposes.  You mentioned you only have a small area in front that isn't fenced in.  It might not be big enough to spawn a zombie.

When zombies spawn, they will automatically target any plants that are located outdoors where a zombie can reach them.  So far, I've only seen them go for harvestable plants and trees, as well as the Store Pea Shooter and sunflower.  They will not target any plants that are fenced in or indoors.  Likewise, if a human sim goes outdoors, they might auto-attack him or her, but they will not target or attack sims who remain indoors.  Zombies will usually remain on your property until the sun starts to come up, but can also leave after successfully attacking a plant, or after being knocked out by the Pea Shooter.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 January 12, 06:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had harvestable plants that were RIGHT in front of the zombies when they spawned, and they still continued to sit there and growl until, again, they turned human and disappeared. Are they meant to turn human, get in a taxi, and leave?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 January 12, 13:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had harvestable plants that were RIGHT in front of the zombies when they spawned, and they still continued to sit there and growl until, again, they turned human and disappeared. Are they meant to turn human, get in a taxi, and leave?

I don't think so.  In my game, they stay zombies until the next morning, and they usually stay for hours.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 January 13, 06:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think so.  In my game, they stay zombies until the next morning, and they usually stay for hours.

I didn't think so. I tried getting rid of my fence around the house, but no zombies spawned still. On the test game they stopped spawning all together now, so I deleted that and started a new one, and they spawned once again for 4 nights this time, doing the same thing, and then disappeared. I am starting to wonder if perhaps something is interfering with it, I also have some of Anach's mods too, so curious if one of his is possibly causing issues. Other than that the only mods I use are the ones basically everyone else uses here.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2013 January 13, 08:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time to do the old 50/50 mod test.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 January 13, 08:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Overwatch will reset zombies when they're standing around with route failure bubbles because they can't get in your house. Perhaps this is what you're seeing.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 January 13, 19:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Overwatch will reset zombies when they're standing around with route failure bubbles because they can't get in your house. Perhaps this is what you're seeing.

I have Overwatch, and this doesn't happen in my game.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 January 13, 19:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Overwatch, and this doesn't happen in my game.

Well, then I'm out of ideas. I did see a zombie in front of my house get reset by Overwatch, though. I don't actually get too many zombies in my game either but I don't particularly care for them so I haven't bothered to investigate why.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: