More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:45:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Motoki Come Back
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question:  Do you want Motoki to return to Maty?  (Voting closed: 2005 December 13, 22:40:57)
Yes - 147 (94.8%)
No - 6 (3.9%)
Maybe - 2 (1.3%)
Total Voters: 143

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Motoki Come Back  (Read 54451 times)
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
Re: Motoki Come Back
« Reply #50 on: 2005 December 07, 01:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stayed away from that thread. Too long and stupid for my tastes, as I hate paysites. But as all threads do, it seems the topic has strayed off and hurt Motoki.

I wish Motoki well and I hope you come back. Wink

Even the retardo landers apparently want Motoki to come back

Gee, thanks buddy!

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 December 07, 01:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now, Kingdom has been around the Podium far more that RL lately Cheesy, but anyway, I agree with Windy and others. If you need a break you need a break.

I also know all about burn-out, as a matter of fact, I'm getting near one now.
It has been a long semester and I need it to end. I will also take a short break, but only around two days or so. During that time, I will not touch this computer with a 10 foot pole. Well, maybe with a 10 foot pole, it might just reach the computer desk from my nice comfy couch from which I will not move unless for 'pressing' issues during those two day *stops deluting herself*

What we want to make clear here however, is that fact that we love/like Motoki, value his input, and generally enjoy his presence. We want to show him that we will be waiting for his return, whenever he is ready, and to please not make it either too long or even permanent.

No one wants to deny him a break, as I said before, if you need one, you need one, no ands ifs or butts about it.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 December 07, 01:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stayed away from that thread. Too long and stupid for my tastes, as I hate paysites. But as all threads do, it seems the topic has strayed off and hurt Motoki.

Gee, thanks buddy!
uhh Kingdom the retardo landers Im referring to are the ones who rarey ever venture to the podium. sorry to offend you Embarrassed

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 December 07, 01:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, thanks buddy!
uhh Kingdom the retardo landers Im referring to are the ones who rarey ever venture to the podium. sorry to offend you Embarrassed

Oh, well you quoted me so I figured you were pointing the finger at me. It's ok, I don't hold grudges.

It's sorta true, I have been in The Podium a bit more. I only go to RL to get my daily dosage of idiocy from Dr Coolome. Wink

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 December 07, 01:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one understand the need for a break, I've had more than one in the last few months, just played my game and turned the Internet off for days!  But was my inbox full afterwards!

Motoki, go and play civilisations or whatever it is you're into just now, then when you get bored with that, come and be bored here instead - at least you'll be among people who care about you!  And in cyberland, that's a rare achievement.

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 December 07, 01:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, and worried me half do death in the process ZZ. I couldn't even e-mail you, my address book got wiped out (what a mess that was) and I lost every single e-mail address I had saved there.

Don't do that anymore, at least pop in to tell me you're alright 'mkay?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 December 07, 01:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sorry about that, and it was so nice to find that people cared!  I'll let you have my email address again, though.  I understand what it's like to lose your address book - when my PC had to be upgraded, I thought I'd copies everything over to the back-up disk, but it turned out all my emails, my favourites list and all my addresses had just gone drifting off into cyberspace!  It took me ages to get even half of them back!  funny, though, the only thing that didn't get lost was my AIM buddies.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 December 07, 01:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, you are one of the reasons I enjoy the Podium so much. You are smart, insightful, funny and talented. Please come back. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 December 07, 01:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please come back again your posts where very helpfull and your constant trouble with the nannies gave me a few chuckles.
I will miss you, so take a little break but come back to us. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 December 08, 14:07:36 by Katze » Logged

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2005 December 07, 01:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I said some stuff in that stupid thread that I'm not going to reiterate here, but this all is just stupid.  It's the INTERNET, fer cryin' out loud!  How can you be intolerant of WORDS, unless you're illiterate, or something? 

And Banglenuts: I don't know if I'm one of your "Retardo Landers" (I don't have any trash cans, after all), but I simply don't have anything useful to contribute here that hasn't already been said.  Plus, there aren't a lot of people to make fun of in the Podium.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 December 07, 02:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki is special.  MATY is a great board and Motoki is one of the reasons.  He's funny, and kind and helpful and charming.  He's one of five or so regular members here who stand out like a gem.   Yeah, he's a modder too, but it's not his mods that make him precious, it's his personality that comes through in all of his posts.

Hear hear!  Come back soon, Motoki! Cry
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 December 07, 02:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I said some stuff in that stupid thread that I'm not going to reiterate here, but this all is just stupid.  It's the INTERNET, fer cryin' out loud!  How can you be intolerant of WORDS, unless you're illiterate, or something? 

And Banglenuts: I don't know if I'm one of your "Retardo Landers" (I don't have any trash cans, after all), but I simply don't have anything useful to contribute here that hasn't already been said.  Plus, there aren't a lot of people to make fun of in the Podium.

One of the Sticks and Stones brigade, I see!

People don't generally commit suicide because of physical injury, but a personal attack on them with WORDS has frequently had that effect.  Words can hurt very much indeed, it just doesn't show on the outside.

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2005 December 07, 02:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: God! Will everyone STOP replying so I can get MINE in already!  Roll Eyes

Awww, Motoki left? This is what I get for like barely keeping up with all the threads going on around here.   Undecided

But... well... I tend to agree with Motoki and Pescado about paysites, although if there ever was a site that I would probably donate to, it probably would be MATY. Looks like I missed the fiasco, and I'm not sure if I should bother taking a look. As I said to Pescado in chat, I can't bear to look at what goes on in RL. My sensibilities are far too... well sensitive and as Pescado was quick to point out Wink I'm just far too weak and feeble. So that's why I pretty much stay out of there. Tongue

Regardless of the fact that I had no idea what was goin on, I still wanted to post here in support and in hopes of bringing Motoki back. I've always liked Motoki and I think he is a valuable person to this Community. I've always looked up to and admired his strength of character. So I am quite surprised that something happened that was offensive enough that he would want to take a break. As a very blatant and obviously vocal member who identifies as homosexual, I probably would have been extremely offended myself. I don't know the details, heck I don't even know if Motoki is gay or not, but my general impression is that he's always been supportive, open-minded, and words fail me right now to describe the wonderfulness that is all things Motoki.  Cheesy

But I definately agree with aussieone  Kiss Despite being somewhat comfortable in my own skin, and it had taken awhiles for me to get to this point, it's still somewhat of a shock whenever I still experience prejudice, bigotry, and ignorance. You would think that in this day and age, people in general would have become more accepting, or at least tolerant (although I really dislike that word) of other people's lifestyles. What people choose to do in their bedroom is of no concern to anyone else outside of that loving, committed, and consensual relationship. Anyways, whenever I experience this, that is whenever this kind of hate rears its ugly head, I also get that feeling like I wanna curl up into a ball and crawl back into my closet and bawl like a little girl. Tongue But I try my best to let it slide off my back (knowing full well in the back of my mind that the person(s) making those ignorant comments are probably just sad, pathetic, lonely, hideous and friendless trolls Tongue) and then I "go to my happy place" (somewhere between the arms of my lover(s) and my friends and family) where I feel safe and welcome and loved.

Anyhew, I hope that Motoki does come back and that his hiatus (and that's what I consider it) is only temporary. Come back soon Motoki! MATY loves you!  Kiss

Ste

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 December 07, 02:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LK Many of the Kids in RL never come over to the Podium . that being said they found out Motoki left when the nasty thread  was moved there and it was something nice I noticed that Motoki who did visit Retardo Land were asking Motoki to return as well. so in the off Chance Motoki reads this thread he will know that the Majority of MATY wants him to return not just the Podium.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2005 December 07, 02:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People don't generally commit suicide because of physical injury, but a personal attack on them with WORDS has frequently had that effect.  Words can hurt very much indeed, it just doesn't show on the outside.

Huh?  Who said anyone was going to kill themselves?  What I meant was that how could someone be intolerant of a person (Motoki) when all they know about him is what is written on a screen?

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 December 07, 02:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh?  Who said anyone was going to kill themselves?  What I meant was that how could someone be intolerant of a person (Motoki) when all they know about him is what is written on a screen?
did you not read the bigotry that was projected at gay people in that thread?Im not gay but have experienced half a lifetime of the same type of bigotry  simply because 2 of my four children inherited a mental Illness from their father. one we now know is genetic .words can and do hurt even when they are on a screen.

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 December 07, 02:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one who attacked Motoki, and is very religious...

<curious> who did you feel attacked Motoki? The only personal attack I saw was by christianluv and it wasn't Motoki that was being attacked... There were a lot of opinions, even some offensive opinions, but I didn't see anything else that was purposefully or personally ...aggressive... maybe I missed something. As I had no intention of entering the debate, I wasn't reading that closely.

People are entitled to their opinions, and to express them, even if they're wrong ...*especially* if they're wrong, sos we get the chance to tell them so in a very authoritative tone which is undoubtedly going to make them change their minds <tongue firmly in cheek, of course>"

sagana, I am not against peoples' opinions - I am against unpoliteness! If you don't like some virtue, but you know that somebody here does have the virtue - you have to be polite, and VERY careful not to hurt his feelings. You don't talk to an empty space - you talk to people, and have to think twice, before you "throw your opinion in the air".

I'm the prick, actually.  And for the record, I'm neither religious nor did I attack Motoki.  I did vote "No" though.

If you're getting freaked out and pissed off to the point where you have to lash out and attack people's opinions on an internet message board, then you need to unplug.  Whether permanently or just for a while, you obviously need a break."

According to your threads, you are new here, and I presume you don't know Motoki well, as we do. So why vote on some post, when you are not aquainted with the member, and know his character and deeds? Just to vote and make an impression on others?

That REALLY is childish  Sad Sad Sad  , and I think YOU have take a break from this forum!

Why have a poll with more than one option if you only want people to vote one way?  I've seen Motoki's posts since, oh, Mod the Sims days, I guess, so I'm as familiar with his posting style as you are, I imagine.  And no, actually, I'm not all that new here - although I'm not sure why that makes a difference.  Thanks for your opinion, though, it was duly noted.  Ya'll seem to think I have some personal beef against Motoki or something - I mean, I AM a religious prick, after all.  Actually, though, I just think the poor guy needs a break, which is why I voted that no, he shouldn't come back - until he calms down and realizes that he's getting upset over alot more than what people posted.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2005 December 07, 02:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you not read the bigotry that was projected at gay people in that thread?Im not gay but have experienced half a lifetime of the same type of bigotry  simply because 2 of my four children inherited a mental Illness from their father. one we now know is genetic .words can and do hurt even when they are on a screen.

Oh, for Pete's sake, you're still not getting it!  I'm not talking about having words hurt--I KNOW words can hurt.  I'm saying that people can't judge others based on something as one-dimensional as words on a screen.  Not the hurtful words that were said about Motoki, but Motoki himself--everything he has said on MATY,the only thing that we have to know him as a person.  Simple posts on a message board are not enough to KNOW somebody enough to judge them.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2005 December 07, 02:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, and forgive me since I only skimmed that thread, but I personally did not see anything that was out of hand. I actually didn't see anything that was so extreme that warranted a move to RL. But then again, I could have missed something, since I didn't feel like reading the whole thing. Heh.

I can see how certain things can be interpreted as offensive, and in a way, I can see how things that were said can be taken as hurtful. But I did not see anyone explicitly expressing homophobic sentiments, merely excusing their existence. Which isn't so great, but understandable. But there may have been more in there that I didn't read or read into. *shrugs*

Regardless, I hope that this thread does not deteriorate into a back and forth off topic argument that would warrant a removal to RL as well. The purpose of this thread is send good vibes and bring back brother Motoki. Let's not stray from that path, my darlings. Thank you. 'twould be a sin. Wink

Ste

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 December 07, 02:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for goodness sakes people please don't fight over me. Such drama. I'm sorry I said anything. I'm just going through a lot of stuff irl some family stuff and stress at work and things that normally wouldn't get to me so much are getting to me a lot more. I'm not mad at anyone and I don't want anyone getting mad at anyone because of me. It wasn't so much what was said but rather I'm just not in the emotional state to deal with it right now and I need to step back because it's getting me upset irl.

Pescado is absolutely right that's the price of free speech that people can say things hurtful or upsetting etc. I wouldn't want him to censor this place. Then it would be as bad as MTS2 or VS or TSR. If it didn't make it clear, the problem is me and stuff I'm going through right now. I've also lost any interest in the game and I don't know if anyone noticed but I've just been posting a lost less even before any of this came up and had in truth been thinking of taking off for a while before that so it's not 100% the reason of what's been said in that thread either.

I didn't expect this much reaction and I do appreciate it to an extent. I'm kind of suprised that a lot of you guys care enough about me that it's really that important to you and I will miss talking to you guys. I admittedly do sometimes make statements to stir things up and cause controversy but this time I honestly didn't. I should have just kept my mouth shut and left but like I said, I'm just going through some stuff right now. I really just am not up to keep coming back here right now so please no one keep pming me to come back here or what's being said here etc because I really don't want to be dragged back at the moment. I just don't have the emotional energy for it right now.

At the risk of getting hate mail and even more spam (if that's even possible) if anyone wants to talk to me privately my email is motoki@dhp.com and I'll try and pop into Brynne and Reg's place here and there because they're a little smaller private and more intimate. Just if you email me please try to identify yourself somehow in the subject heading because I get tons of spam and I don't want to overlook anyone's emails.

Anyway, I really didn't want to post again for a while but I don't want people starting fights over me or making more out of it than it is, but I do appreciate that you guys care that much. Just don't be mad at any one for my sake. I'm not mad at anyone, just sad at some of the things that were said but that's life.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 December 07, 02:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I know about any of you is what I've seen on the screen but I know that even if I don't agree with everything you all say I do like Mitoki and a lot of the rest of you too.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 December 07, 02:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww..Motoki you know how we love a good fight... Wink  but hope to see you again sometime....  Smiley 

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 December 07, 02:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of getting hate mail and even more spam (if that's even possible) if anyone wants to talk to me privately my email is motoki@dhp.com and I'll try and pop into Brynne and Reg's place here and there because they're a little smaller private and more intimate. Just if you email me please try to identify yourself somehow in the subject heading because I get tons of spam and I don't want to overlook anyone's emails.

Please do come to my site, Motoki...I miss ya already.
Although at this point I'm sure you're no longer reading this thread  Tongue 
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 December 07, 03:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please do come to my site, Motoki...I miss ya already.
Although at this point I'm sure you're no longer reading this thread  Tongue 
I miss ya too even when you call me Bagelnuts

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 December 07, 06:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya'll seem to think I have some personal beef against Motoki or something - I mean, I AM a religious prick, after all.

Ya'll? Isn't that a Southern thing?  Wink

Buuuuut anyways, pple should really calm down. The drama! Evryone should take a deeeeep breath. Apparently Motoki has his own problems. Let him deal with it. No need to get all riled up.

To Motoki - Hopefully you resolve it soon, and get back to your jolly self. In the meantime, you'll obviously be much missed. Kiss Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: