More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:12:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Sims 3 Marriage and AwesomeMod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Marriage and AwesomeMod  (Read 33016 times)
Skpamd
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Sims 3 Marriage and AwesomeMod
« on: 2012 December 31, 01:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello I just got Sims 3 for Christmas, I noticed in the game there is a lot more restrictions on marriage then there was with Sims 2.  For example I would like 2 single parents with teenage kids  to be able to meet, fall in love and marry.  Then I would like one of the children (an adult) from one of the parents to marry one of the children (an adult) from the other single parent (neither child are related by blood).  Sims 3 will not allow me to do this.   Would AwesomeMod allow me to do such a thing and what would I turn on or off?

Thank you for your time
Sincerely
Skpamd
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 Marriage and AwesomeMod
« Reply #1 on: 2012 December 31, 01:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello I just got Sims 3 for Christmas, I noticed in the game there is a lot more restrictions on marriage then there was with Sims 2.  For example I would like 2 single parents with teenage kids  to be able to meet, fall in love and marry.  Then I would like one of the children (an adult) from one of the parents to marry one of the children (an adult) from the other single parent (neither child are related by blood).  Sims 3 will not allow me to do this.   Would AwesomeMod allow me to do such a thing and what would I turn on or off?

Thank you for your time
Sincerely
Skpamd

I don't know, Precious Snowflake, what does The Fucking Manual tell you when you Read The Fucking Manual?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skpamd
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 December 31, 13:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well WOW being rude is unnecessary and cussing at a person proves you have to be like 12 years old or just plain ignorant.  Thanks for the help (NOT). 
For your information I did read the manual and all it says is:   

Marriage Post Mortem [Optional - Default: Disabled]
     Prevents the breaking of the marriage lines on the fambly tree.
     Option is experimental and has not been fully tested, so is disabled by
     default at this time. 

Use Awesome Jealousy Code [Optional - Default: Enabled]
     Uses one of AwesomeMod's jealousy routines. Required if you want to use
     any of the optional settings relating to this.

Enable 12 Woohoo [Optional - Default: Disabled] *EXPERIMENTAL*
     Disabled scripted check against 12-woohoo. Doesn't specifically enable
     the action, but can be used with XML tunings that will.

Enable Pedophilia [Optional - Default: Disabled]
     Adult-to-12 actions will be enabled if you turn this on. Be careful,
     though: Pedophilia is wrong and pedophiles go to jail, you sick freaks.

So your precious manual didn't answer my question.  Oh and since your the grammar police your manual is full of grammar and spelling errors, try using the spell check.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 December 31, 13:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well WOW being rude is unnecessary and cussing at a person proves you have to be like 12 years old or just plain ignorant.  Thanks for the help (NOT).  
For your information I did read the manual and all it says is:  

<snip manual?

So your precious manual didn't answer my question.  Oh and since you're the grammar police your manual is full of grammar and spelling errors, try using the spell check.

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Also
1. Jezzer didn't write the manual.
2. Proof? You want to spork it, prove it.
3. Manual no say something happen = something no happen.

Fuck off.
« Last Edit: 2013 January 01, 01:39:49 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Skpamd
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 December 31, 14:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, such language, you scare me, I am just shaking in my boots. 
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 December 31, 14:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is with all these people who wake up and say, "You know, there just isn't enough pseudo-incest in my game.  Someone should make a mod for that"?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 January 01, 01:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sexual relations between step-relatives IS incest, Titlights. Marriage is a social construct that bonds two families together to create a new family. All immediate members of each of the two families are now related to each other.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 January 01, 01:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this sort of judgment is tied to a person's cultural and social upbringing rather than a universal truth, but to me, there's a certain level of creepiness inherent in becoming romantically involved with your step-sibling. Sure, it's not the same sort of direct taboo as it would be if you were related by blood, but it's inching perilously close. They are still your sibling.

On a related note, the manual doesn't seem to make any mention of tiger attacks. Does anyone know if AM has them? I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for one to happen, all this time.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 January 01, 01:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is with all these people who wake up and say, "You know, there just isn't enough pseudo-incest in my game.  Someone should make a mod for that"?

You know what's worse? I have a funny feeling that with some completely non-Awesome tools and a couple of cheat codes I could set up what this idiot is looking for in my game. It shouldn't be that hard, but they just want to whine and have somebody hand it to them on a plate.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 January 01, 01:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this sort of judgment is tied to a person's cultural and social upbringing rather than a universal truth, but to me, there's a certain level of creepiness inherent in becoming romantically involved with your step-sibling. Sure, it's not the same sort of direct taboo as it would be if you were related by blood, but it's inching perilously close. They are still your sibling.

It's creepy in the same way as first cousins marrying is. Cousins that know going into the marriage that they are cousins that is. It's not illegal (in some places anyway), but a little bit squicky.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 January 01, 02:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys just keep it up, next thing you know the shouty Vole is going to show up. We did just vote it out of the dome.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Spotty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2013 January 02, 21:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's creepy in the same way as first cousins marrying is.

But they're so attractive...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 January 03, 00:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Sims 2 had this exact same rule in place, so this isn't a new thing.

On a related note, the manual doesn't seem to make any mention of tiger attacks. Does anyone know if AM has them? I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for one to happen, all this time.
Your suggestion has been noted. If I can find a way to PUT tigers in the game, and get them to attack, tiger attacks will be included.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 January 08, 19:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Sims 2 had this exact same rule in place, so this isn't a new thing.
Exactly. Your memory serves you well.

So your precious manual didn't answer my question.  Oh and since your the grammar police your manual is full of grammar and spelling errors, try using the spell check.
Funny that you criticise the grammar and spelling of their manual when you yourself seem to be completely ignorant of the difference between "your" and "you're = you are".
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 January 09, 16:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your suggestion has been noted. If I can find a way to PUT tigers in the game, and get them to attack, tiger attacks will be included.

You should set it so they automatically attack people with the "Pedo" trait and people who try to marry their relatives.

Kitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 January 12, 00:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's creepy in the same way as first cousins marrying is.

I agree with you there: it's creepy if they've grown up together and have been siblings or pseudo-siblings, but just a bit unusual if they've met for the first time as adults or nearly adults. But I appreciate that AM is Pescado's mod and he doesn't want to do it.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 January 14, 03:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My two cents:  I had two young adult Sims who got married.  Each of them had an elder parent and those two got married - which was allowed by the game with nothing but AM installed (and I assume that AM did nothing to alter whether or not that was allowed).  The instant that they got married, the original couple could no longer have romantic interactions with each other even though they were still married because they were then also considered to be step-siblings.  Once one of their parents died, they were then allowed to resume romantic interactions.

Therefore the current setup is indeed borked; no matter at which point you start claiming incest, either the game allows you to do things it shouldn't or isn't allowing you to do things it should.  Either the parents of two married Sims should not be considered romantic targets (as well as any other sort of in-law that could potentially have this problem), anyone not a blood relative should be an acceptable romantic target, or having any sort of pre-existing romantic relationship should trump any sort of family relationship.  Because what person tells their spouse: Ew, I can't touch you now, because now that our parents are married we're step-siblings.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 January 14, 09:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. That's interesting, because THAT part wasn't in TS2. I have added a fix to this in the new update. See if the Avalikia case now works.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 January 29, 05:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally got around to testing the Avalikia case again properly.  Sims who are already in a steady relationship or more can now romance in spite of becoming step-siblings.  Grin  I recommend allowing romance between step-siblings who are merely romantic interests as well, but I do recognize that since that isn't really a committed relationship one could argue that it's different.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: