More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:09:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Modern Luxury Home- as requested
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Modern Luxury Home- as requested  (Read 12658 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Modern Luxury Home- as requested
« on: 2012 December 30, 08:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this awhile ago and tried to distribute it to MTS, however they said my submission wasn't meeting their criteria, and was bland.
As requested by Naiad who said they wanted it, here it is.

I cannot remember exactly what expacs I had installed when I made this (as it was a little over a year ago), but as far as I remember it was all expacs and stuff packs up to Town Life Stuff that had installed at the time.

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/s-RSgORr/Modern_Home.html

Front View

Due to the sheer amount of screenshots that I had taken in order to show off the property, I have uploaded them all to an album that you can view here: http://imgur.com/a/wzJfI#0

If anyone has some feedback feel free to tell me Smiley
« Last Edit: 2012 December 30, 22:22:46 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Modern Luxury Home- as requested
« Reply #1 on: 2012 December 30, 14:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this awhile ago and tried to distribute it to MTS, however they said my submission wasn't meeting their criteria...

Maybe if you had called it "A House That Edward and Bella Could Potentially Live In."

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2012 December 30, 15:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My god that's bland!  Shocked

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 December 30, 21:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, there's no flamingo's on the lawn. In fact, no pink is to be seen anywhere. There's no amusing shape to the house (like a skull) to offset that completely realistic colour-scheme that's been used.

Bland - I like it.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 December 30, 22:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, there's no flamingo's on the lawn. In fact, no pink is to be seen anywhere. There's no amusing shape to the house (like a skull) to offset that completely realistic colour-scheme that's been used.

Bland - I like it.

That is something that has always bothered me over at MTS, most of the houses are so fruity tuti that if I ever end up downloading one, purely for its layout, I have to go through and remove the horrible colouring. I really think some of those creators need to look into interior decorating classes.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Starwind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 December 30, 22:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is something that has always bothered me over at MTS, most of the houses are so fruity tuti that if I ever end up downloading one, purely for its layout, I have to go through and remove the horrible colouring. I really think some of those creators need to look into interior decorating classes.

I've noticed some of those who claim to be artistes, no matter what type of art they do, tend to lack subtly. The creators of the worst sim houses seem to be fans of the old Trading Spaces designers, those who I call Shock Designers.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 December 30, 22:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My issue is going through and removing all the fucking plants they seem to love to spam everywhere.  I realize you need to cover up the flawed crap, but please NO MOAR WEEDS!  Do not want.  They must have the master beefy computer if they can play with an entire hood comprising of 3 beds and 400,000 plants.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 December 31, 01:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loath terrain paints. Especially custom terrain paints. They're even worse than odd levelled blocks.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 December 31, 05:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I very rarely need anything outside of the EAxian terrain paints.  I think I have maybe three custom brick path terrain paints in my game, and that's it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 January 06, 01:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it quite a bit.  I built two houses that MTS basically told me the same thing.  So I couldn't be bothered with offering anything again.  Do you happen to have it on MediaFire?
YouWereAdopted
Corpulent Cretin

Can you jezzer in my mouth please

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 January 08, 05:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish MTS would be leniant on criteria in regards to uploads of things they have less of, and much more strict on the hoards of contacts and eyeshadows they allow, to spare room for a bigger variety of custom content available.

The house is gorgeous by the way. Anyone would kill to live in a house like that, compared to most of the homes I see uploaded with floating, rectangular second stories.

Bland my ass.

jezzer and I role play ferbies when we're feeling frisky
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2013 January 08, 22:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh the upside I can now describe my taste in houses: modern bland.   Cheesy

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 January 08, 22:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly you should have made the exterior walls polka dotted.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
missladee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 February 01, 07:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, MTS clearly hated this one because it wasn't filled with enough junk to bloat the game like Santa. If you had added 98 roofs, you totally woulda been in. This is my kind of house. Hats off to you.
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 February 01, 17:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this awhile ago and tried to distribute it to MTS, however they said my submission wasn't meeting their criteria...

<snipped>

If anyone has some feedback feel free to tell me Smiley

From the sun shadow angle, I would guess that your solar panels are facing East.
For Australia, they should be facing North. Though I doubt this little detail will help you with MTS.  Roll Eyes
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2013 April 03, 08:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah its not the creators' faults the houses are tutti frutti - the queue moderators won't approve them unless they fit certain criteria.  I have a friend who once uploaded a creepy dark castle, and it kept being rejected until she painted the internal walls in something brighter and added loads of light.   I guess it ended up looking like a suburban tutti-frutti Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: