More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:49:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Accidental Immortality
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Accidental Immortality  (Read 4434 times)
JuegoConFuego
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Accidental Immortality
« on: 2012 December 27, 02:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the main appeals of the Sims 3, in comparison to its predecessors, is the ability for the entire community to age collectively. Except, not so much. I don't know if the good ol' "testingcheatsenabled" cheat tripped up my game, but nobody in my town ages. I have confirmed numerous times that aging is indeed turned on. I have reset my Sims and moved them in and out of different houses. I have messed around with different lifespans. Nothing works. My Sims' aging bars are stagnant. I can only manually usher them into the next life phase through cheats.

I recognize that Twallan's Story Progression Mod will take care of the aging problem, but I'm hesitant to download it. My game has crashed in the past, and I hate to screw around with it by introducing foreign mods. I'd appreciate any thoughts on how to address this aging issue without having to resort to downloads. 
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Accidental Immortality
« Reply #1 on: 2012 December 27, 03:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately I have no idea how to help you with this problem. I just wanted to give you newbie points for not only managing to post in the right place but also giving us something we've never seen before. Points removed for the mistaken ASSumption that testingcheatsenabled could be the cause any problems.

I suppose you've Googled and know that you can force the aging of the individual sim? Other than that I think you might have BFBVFS.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 December 27, 08:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the main appeals of the Sims 3, in comparison to its predecessors, is the ability for the entire community to age collectively. Except, not so much. I don't know if the good ol' "testingcheatsenabled" cheat tripped up my game, but nobody in my town ages. I have confirmed numerous times that aging is indeed turned on. I have reset my Sims and moved them in and out of different houses. I have messed around with different lifespans. Nothing works. My Sims' aging bars are stagnant. I can only manually usher them into the next life phase through cheats.

I recognize that Twallan's Story Progression Mod will take care of the aging problem, but I'm hesitant to download it. My game has crashed in the past, and I hate to screw around with it by introducing foreign mods. I'd appreciate any thoughts on how to address this aging issue without having to resort to downloads.  

Start a new game and see if the problem persists, it may be that your save is somehow broken. Or create a new family via CAS and see if it's the save or only the Sims. I've never had this problem, so I'm not sure what else to suggest...
SimLife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 December 27, 15:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check the Option menu and make sure you didn't turn off aging by mistake ?

Fail! Should read better, and sleep 8 hours a day (@night). And maybe eat healthier.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 28, 21:33:40 by SimLife » Logged
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 December 27, 16:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check the Option menu and make sure you didn't turn off aging by mistake ?

Reading comp fail. While that's a good question to ask, you should only ask it if the OP hasn't explicitly said that they have, you know, checked that.

I have confirmed numerous times that aging is indeed turned on.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 December 27, 16:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may not be using Twallan's SP, but are you using any other mods? If so, remove them. Does it still happen? If not, one or more of them is outdated and is causing conflicts.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: