More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:36:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  What is happening with Sunsetsims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What is happening with Sunsetsims?  (Read 15733 times)
Viper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
What is happening with Sunsetsims?
« on: 2012 December 23, 16:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the title is self explanatory.  Is Sunsetsims going to come back?  They have been down for quite sometime now with no updates about status.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What is happening with Sunsetsims?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 December 23, 16:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Short version? FIIK. The server itself checks out and all services are functioning normally, but the site's PHP code returns blankness. I know nothing about the codebase there, so have no idea how to diagnose that. The site owner has the FTP codes, so it's up to them to fix it. There's nothing mysterious or conspiratorial going on, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 December 23, 19:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know much about websites and from what I googled it doesn't sound to bad (but what do I know). And it sounds like they should be back up sooner or later.  At least it wasn't anything to do with the normal suspects as what has been discussed at coconut freshbox.  There does seem to have been a lot of activity against the Sims 3 cc community if the posts over there are anything to go by.  With the Booty dead and this site gone https://www.facebook.com/TsrFree/info there are less and less sites standing up against TSR and EA. Thank you for your reply.
K_L_Carten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 December 23, 20:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's up right now, how long it stays up, I don't know.   The site is still really sluggish and only a few new things added.  So, I don't know if they are working on the problem or what is going on over there.  I couldn't get on for a few days, just a white blank page. 
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2012 December 23, 22:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Booty is dead? Why hasn't anyone told the booty this? Not having any issues navigating the booty at all, in fact... download frenzy time!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 December 24, 00:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Booty isn't dead, but on more than one occasion I've gotten things at Sunset long before the Booty had it, if they got it at all.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 December 24, 14:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Booty isn't dead, but it has Paden, which is arguably worse.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Viper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 December 24, 17:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant it was dead more in the term that they are not updating.  I used to follow the booty, I didn't mind waiting for the stuff either but then I noticed that stuff wasn't being put up as regular, then not at all and that is when I found Sunsetsims.  Truth be told I prefer the Booty and Maty because even before Sunsetsims started with their problems this wasn't an easy site for me to navigate.  Now even when they are supposed to be up all I do is find them doing maintenance or with error 500.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 December 24, 19:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Paden the only one left? Arguing with and abusing herself? Can I be bothered trucking on over to find out?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 December 24, 19:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Sunsetsims setup, I can browse for neat content without having to open up TSR to see images of the newest shit by the couple creators I like. There is also content of other paysites, and they post updates of other content from free sites. If the Booty has it, they link to there. If a link is dead, they are quick to fix it. They have been having a couple problems for the last few months, though they haven't seemed to just sit on the problems, they seem to be working on them as fast as they can when they crop up which is admirable. It's possible they are just a wee bit over their head keeping things running smoothly.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 December 25, 01:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Paden the only one left? Arguing with and abusing herself? Can I be bothered trucking on over to find out?

You're not missing anything.  A few of us dropped in there a while back, and it was pretty much a nightmare of glomping and tardery.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: