More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:31:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims 2 Open for business Movie
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 2 Open for business Movie  (Read 5103 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Sims 2 Open for business Movie
« on: 2005 December 06, 11:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,

I really don't have enough time to browse the site so if oyu gys knew this already sorry for opening a thread about it. I just saw the Open for business trailer and it looks kind of fun. not for thepoor little girl tho, I lover her hair too!

http://www.worldsims.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=883

That's the link, enjoy!

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims 2 Open for business Movie
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 06, 15:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crimped pigtails! so cute!

It looks interesting... I hope the "create your own products" option doesn't get left on the cutting room floor. And that you're able to live and work on the same lot.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 06, 15:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm, the graphics look enhanced again, the nighborhood appears to be even clearer than current, the sloping values for building look a bit more gradient as well. And is that little boy blowing bubbles?? And new neighborhood trees?

One of my biggests hopes for any new clothing, is clothing that fits. I am tired of highwaters and too short teeshirts.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 06, 15:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading that thing with it, it sounds that a lot of the business options are things that had already been made by the community, e.g. pay toilets. I also don't like that you have to buy them community lots -- this sounds like they can't live there. I'm one of those people who really hates having to load up another lot, because I just don't have the patience to do that. I certainly wouldn't do it every day so my sim could go to work! Right now, I only go to community lots every once in a while when my sims need new clothes. In fact, my hatred for these loading times of community lots is why I still haven't bought NL. So I really hope that's not how it is with OFB.

On the other hand, I think it's great that kids can earn money, too. They're already the slave labor in my game (parents, clean? I think not.) so it will be good that they can now contribute to the family income. I foresee twenty million lemonade stands in my yard in the future.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 06, 16:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My worry is they will take the ideas from the modders, and introduce their own bugged versions - at the same time breaking the existing community-made content. My faith in Maxis is not too great...
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 06, 16:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh goody. Now, not only will furious sims (actually, there's no evidence that teen was furious... that's even better-- random acts of wanton destruction) steal the newspaper and tip over the garbage can, they'll demolish valuable moneymaking items. Skippy. And I haven't seen Inge around lately... is she on vacation with the royalties from Maxis using her ideas? Haha. There's a lot of promise in this EP, I hope it doesn't get botched too badly. I'm also a little discouraged by the idea of having to buy a community lot. I don't necessarily want four million little community lots, I'd rather have a few big lots with several businesses on them... is this going to be impossible if you want your sims to own a business? It's early... hopefully, as more info comes out, some of these issues will be addressed. ~KG
mishymoto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 06, 22:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wishful thinking, KG.  Like Baddmark my faith in Maxis is not great.

Check out this link -- http://www.snootysims.com/tim-mail1.php

In the second picture where the sims are shopping, all they have to choose from in the shop are the same old tired crap that Maxis has stuck us with in the past.  I hope they decide to make some new content for stocking the shops, but like I stated before, my faith in Maxis is not great.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~ Sir Winston Churchill
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 07, 00:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, my hatred for these loading times of community lots is why I still haven't bought NL.

Eagle - word of encouragement, I postively despised going to community lots before NL.  I never, ever used them. 

NL is a larger than immense (is that possible?) improvement.  I use the downtown lots constantly now. Loading time is fine and performance is good...your mileage may vary of course, but from one community lot hater to another, NL is a different experience.

I'd love to have my Sims own the restaurants and nightclubs in downtown.  Agree with other posters that there should be (hopefully!!) opportunities for home based businesses sans community lots and also small spaces within one "mall" like community lot.

Crossing fingers and toes for a great expansion pack.  *bites nails*

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 07, 00:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eagle, I was nervous about putting NL on my system with my low-end video card (I have only ever had one resolution available in the game - 800x600).  I installed NL anyway, thinking I could take it out if it got too slow.  Was I surprised!  I'd swear my computer is actually better at handling the graphics now - lots load at reasonable speeds.  I can even turn the graphic details up (mirrors, texture detail, etc) and still run the game.

And NL gives me reasons to go downtown.  I enjoy the structure of scored outings and dates - you know why you're going downtown, you have goals to meet while you're there, and you know when it's over.

Like Windy Moon, I used to despise community lots.  After the first week of having the game, my sims never visited a community lot.  Ever.  Now my sims are constantly downtown.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 07, 01:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windy_moon and Kyna, thanks for telling me that about the community lots. I'm really starting to cave on NL and will probably be purchasing it this week ... I really want the half-walls and the different lot sizes, and if the community/downtown lots are a lot more fun now, then it wouldn't be all bad. And, if I have a vampire, I will be able to use Dylan's vampire skin.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 07, 04:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eaglezero - in NL you can also go directly to the community lot you want Smiley  you don't have to go first to downtown and then pick the lot (same for the neighborhood now also) unless you want to Wink and of course if your sims have a car then they don't have to wait for the stupid taxi either! *also hated community lots before* 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 07, 06:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I echo what the previous few posters said about NL and community lots.  I got NL because I really wanted it but I was afraid it was going to really slow down my computer and I never went to community lots because it was such a pain.  Now it's not so bad because like Sleepycat said, you can pick the lot you want to go to before you leave your house and it loads Downtown Neighborhood and then immediately loads the lot you wish to visit with no interaction from you.  This means I can use the opportunity for a much needed stretch break or do something on the other computer, as long as I am back in time for the sims to arrive on the lot and get out of the car.  And there is so much more to do downtown now than there was at those silly little community lots that came with original TS2, or even the Uni campus lots.  I never went to them because I figured out ways to do everything I needed without visiting a lot.  I used JM's clothing tool and I used TJ's personal electronics tree or college adjuster to give my sims cellphones.  Other than that, it wasn't really worth the time it took to load the lots.  Now there is.  I love taking my sims downtown and doing the "surprise engagement."  Also, I love the feature that allows me to jump from one house to the next without having to go to the neighborhood screen and select it--as long as that house is viewable from the one I am currently in.  Saves me time, and again, I can walk away from the computer and do something and the house is ready to play when I come back.  I always save my houses in the paused state so I don't have to worry about them doing stupid stuff before I can get back.  I even moved a couple of my houses closer together so it would be easier to jump between them. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: