More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:12:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bridgeport redo: where to upload?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bridgeport redo: where to upload?  (Read 15995 times)
erwinsims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bridgeport redo: where to upload?
« on: 2012 December 02, 15:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all,

I am almost done with a rebuild of Bridgeport.
It has become a nice all custom world with every lot in it build by me, I altered the world layout and jadajada...
Thene here is the problem I see...
I use a lot of CC in the world and have custom rabit-holes. (jinx's rugs) that is needed for the world to work.
Ofcourse I will not claim the CC as my own but it is needed for all the lots to show up correctly.

That brings me to the question where to upload, and how..
I guess I need to add all cc in a seperate folder, as I do with the save-game, but where, cause it is stuffed with CC I did not make.

does anyone know what site does not mind some cc made by others (some is paysite content)

here is what I have build, to give you guys an idea.

There is a buildtread at TSR in case the pictures do not show enough.
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/index.php?/topic/264123-bridgeport-redo/

Any ideas?

Greets,

Erwin

lowbart
Blathering Buffoon

Why? Why?

View Profile
Re: Bridgeport redo: where to upload?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 December 02, 19:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is beautiful. What's that big palace-looking thing? Versailles? Something clicked in my head and made me wonder if the new Sim City 5 cities are made to be the same size as a TS3 neighborhood map.

Do you have a comprehensive list of your CC to give credit to everyone? How big is the neighborhood folder and the CC folder? I would love to get this on my computer.

Dropbox is generally a good host for smallish distribution, and MATY is, in a word, not very friendly to pay sites.

Quote from: Liz
I find it particularly disingenuous of Seabolt to attempt to claim that "Advertising is very organic to the 'Sims 3' experience." Apparently 'organic' is code for "We thought of some places we can stick it." Should they run out of ideas, I could gladly recommend some nice, organic place
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 December 02, 20:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dropbox is generally a good host for smallish distribution, and MATY is, in a word, not very friendly to pay sites.

That's more than one word.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
erwinsims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 December 02, 20:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That MATY disaproves of paysites is what made me post the question here in the first place ;-)

Is is based on the original Bridgeport, I removed all known bugs, added land and changed lot-sizes But overall it is still Bridgeport.
I believe it is medium sized? but the file is bigger cause I doubled the amount of lots.

CC list is big but limited to artists like Cyclonesue, Cashcraft, msBarrows, The Simskey and Awesims (who I adore for making awesome content and NOT being a paysite
Also Gogginator from this site with his roofs plays a big part in the world.

And I moved some of the original family's to the city (Goth,Landgraab etc.)

I have a Beta version that some friends are playing right now, but that world still lacks some of the interiors of the bars and such.
erwinsims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 December 03, 13:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I installed Seasons and it fracked up my routing.. I am looking at CAW now to see what is up with that
lowbart
Blathering Buffoon

Why? Why?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 December 03, 18:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What expansion packs are required? I only have up to Generations. I can get my hands on the newer ones if needed.

Sorry if I was unclear, I was wondering if you could tell us the disk space it takes up, as in the number of megabytes.

Dropbox might be a good place to host it. I can get you a referral if you want one.

Quote from: Liz
I find it particularly disingenuous of Seabolt to attempt to claim that "Advertising is very organic to the 'Sims 3' experience." Apparently 'organic' is code for "We thought of some places we can stick it." Should they run out of ideas, I could gladly recommend some nice, organic place
erwinsims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 December 05, 09:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EP's installed (some downloaded from piratebay)

It is not that much bigger than the original Bridgeport and it runs even faster (don't know why, but it runs smoother and faster)
I have no idea where to look to see the discspace or megabytes.

and a referral would be apreciated.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 December 06, 12:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used Mediafire and Rapidshare for worlds. And for one I put the world file and my save in one rar. You might be able to put the CC folder in the rar also. If no, you can put that on MF or RS on its own. I would definitely not use the Bridgeport name, as EA will be less apt to spot it and have a hissy fit if you have non-legit EPs/content.  If EA finds it, they will have it removed.

How much of the CC is in package form? If just a few items, you might want to convert them to sims3packs with TSRW and then let the CC just be included in the world file. And no matter what, be sure to check your world file with Custard to remove CC that you do not want to be part of the world that has tagged along by accident.

erwinsims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 December 07, 09:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Miss DaisyLee!

you here to Cheesy

As you might know, I used to call it Sim Francisco buy I noticed someone made a world called just that..
I can always rename the file I put it in.

I use cc-magic to organise my game and was planning just to include those files and a link to where to download it..
My CC is in Simpacks and .package files in the original backup.
how do you convert packages to simpacks?
and if I convert it to simpacks, does that really mean that the cc will be included in the world?
that would save so much trouble!

It is a good idea to rar the world and save! thanks.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 December 08, 15:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a thread at TS3CC where we talked about uploading EA worlds to the exchange. You should check it out. If you can, the easiest thing would be to upload the whole world and not even use a save file or need to have folks install CC separately. How much of what you are using is packages? Generally you can change packages to sims3packs with the TSRW. I have done this for objects such as furniture, etc., but I have not done it for something such as a boat. Do you want to PM me over at TS3CC? It might be easier to chat there.

Generally, any sims3packs of CC that you include with your world should package with the world. When I did my Greek one I had to tell people to get some items from SLLM. I probably should have just used packs rather than packages, and then they would have been included with the world. The only bad thing is that anyone who does not want CC will either not get the world or have to clean the file with custard before they install it.

And the bad thing about using save files is that most people will not get them. I told people all over the place they needed a save for world I did, and it has had about 1000 downloads on the exchange, and I don't think even 20 people got the save file as I told them to do.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 December 08, 15:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generally, any sims3packs of CC that you include with your world should package with the world.

Unless you clear your DCBackup periodically.
erwinsims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 September 20, 08:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I let this tread rest for so long.

I have been so busy with this and it is still in Beta.
Again I altered the worldfile itself, making it slightly more tropical.
I also altered the palace,Gardens and some lots.
It needs ALL EP's and SP's,

It now needs testers, I have put it in 2 parts, the worldfile and save game.
The CC should be included but I have copied the files from CC magic to a separate download if needed,
I do not know if it is needed for the game to load since I tried to use as much simpack-files as possible, I heard they upload with the world

I am adding a link to 4share if anyone is interested in beta-testing it.
it is now for 75% complete and is playable.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/ITduVtTb/Worldfile.html
http://www.4shared.com/rar/GyJ2u-1Q/Savegames.html

And some pictures of how the world is now.

« Last Edit: 2013 September 20, 10:21:42 by erwinsims » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: