More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:25:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Default Replacement Skins
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default Replacement Skins  (Read 76022 times)
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Default Replacement Skins
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 29, 08:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Paradise Sims defaults.  They're realistic without looking like they could solve our oil crisis with their foreheads.

*cracks up*

The super-shiny problem is exactly why I don't have many custom skintones. Well, that and the line drawn on the boobs that I think is supposed to look like cleavage but really just looks super weird and kind of scary.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 29, 17:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I currently Louis's newer skin tones as my default, but I need to replace them.  The lightest skintone does wierd things to the nostril/upper lip area and the darker two are too splotchy.  I'm thinking of replacing them with Enayla's because they're pretty gorgeous. 
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 29, 18:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use duddly's default replacements, along with replacements for the zombies based on these by someone from mts2.
For my personal use I have assembled an additional skin replacement package which replaces S4 with S2.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 29, 19:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the default replacements I use are from SimCribbing (modified to be default by someone on MTS2).

Thats exactly the one I use, Im quite happy with it.  Cannot remember who made the replacements though.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 29, 19:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the default replacements I use are from SimCribbing (modified to be default by someone on MTS2).
Thats exactly the one I use, Im quite happy with it.  Cannot remember who made the replacements though.

Those are the ones I use too. And they were made into default skins by PattyMcPat at MTS2.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 30, 01:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using Helaene's 705's. I was using the first version of Sim Scribblings but I didn't like the chain and belly piercing on every single sim. I didn't see that defaults had been made of the new Sim Scribbling skins. Will have to try those out.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 30, 02:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not too keen on the belly button piercing on simcribbing's skins either, but hardly any of my sims ever show off their bellies, so it doesn't matter much.

I also have a really freaky-looking zombie replacement.  In fact it's so freaky and strange I usually let my zombies roam around naked, since any kind of clothes look odd on them.  Maybe I should try to get hold of some raggs.  I can't remember who made it, but it's from mts2, and I can look it up if anyone cares.

I use a vampire replacement that's a little less blue and it's got some neat veins and stuff.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 30, 02:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I'm at it; can anyone tell me if it's my alen replacement skin that keeps my alien babies from having the solid black alien eyes?

JM said a short time ago that the Alien eyes are basically empty holes, and the black eyes you see on aliens are actually painted on the alien skintone. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1423.msg80921#msg80921

If this is true, then the reason your sims have weird eyes is because the skintone you are using has those eyes instead of black alien eyes. Now, if you download default replacement EYES, that will probably fix the problem.

Fail.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 30, 03:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is true, then the reason your sims have weird eyes is because the skintone you are using has those eyes instead of black alien eyes. Now, if you download default replacement EYES, that will probably fix the problem.

They don't have weird eyes, just normal dull eyes.
Anyway, that was pretty much what I figured the problem was.  Maybe I'll just modify the skins.  I don't think I've ever seen default replacement alien eyes.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 30, 03:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've ever seen default replacement alien eyes.

http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=17.0

pretty purple alien default replacement eyes (skintone and a better looking pollitech also available at that link)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 30, 04:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried out the new scribbling skins just a bit ago.
Everything is beautiful about them only I can't stand that there seems to be so little definition to the faces. Just doesn't look right to me around their noses.  Ahh well. Maybe I've just been using helaene's so long that the change to smooth-pretty facial skin is just too much for my senses to handle.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 30, 07:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done some looking around at realistic nude skintones and I still like Allan Akbars the best, they can be found here
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=905

It's in the adult section so you will need to be registered and have adult access (PM Kathy for it)

Something I keep forgetting, which is funny since I requested it in the first place, is SimPE has made it extremely easy to make any skintone a default skintone (replacing the skintone of your choice) including Alien, Zombie and Vampire

scan folder/pick custom skintone/select it and then go down to the bottom, one of the tabs has the spot where you can choose which skintone to have it replace, select which one, a window will popup for you to give it a name, save and within moments (depending on your computer) you will have a new default skintone  Grin

I took one of my tattooed skins (based on Allan Akbars) and made it my new alien default, worked great! but a few mins later when I was going thru my "pre-Uni" folder (boy am I glad I didn't just delete it) I happened to come across all my copys of Allan Akbars skintones and stuff (from his site when he still had it) including his very dark african one (which was the base for the tattooed skin I had just made into a default alien) so I decided to make that one my default alien skintone for now (while I decide if I want to do a special tattooed one)

I think after I get some sleep I will be updating my memory on his skintones, I used to love his ones with tanlines so I may make one of them a default  Grin
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 30, 18:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SleepyCat,

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! I can't believe how easy this was and I thought the previous way of replacing textures was easy enough.

In less than 5 minutes, I had replaced all my defaults with Enayla skins. Unbelievable!

***Felt I should add this. The really easy method almost blew-up my game. I figured out how to fix it all, but it complicates things when you want to switch out your defaults. The build DXT method isn't that much tougher, so that's all I use now.***
« Last Edit: 2006 October 06, 15:50:01 by jmtmom » Logged
Yolu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 30, 18:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been watching this thread with interest, and things have gotten very interesting indeed!

I've done some looking around at realistic nude skintones and I still like Allan Akbars the best, they can be found here
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=905

It's in the adult section so you will need to be registered and have adult access (PM Kathy for it)

Something I keep forgetting, which is funny since I requested it in the first place, is SimPE has made it extremely easy to make any skintone a default skintone (replacing the skintone of your choice) including Alien, Zombie and Vampire

scan folder/pick custom skintone/select it and then go down to the bottom, one of the tabs has the spot where you can choose which skintone to have it replace, select which one, a window will popup for you to give it a name, save and within moments (depending on your computer) you will have a new default skintone  Grin

I took one of my tattooed skins (based on Allan Akbars) and made it my new alien default, worked great! but a few mins later when I was going thru my "pre-Uni" folder (boy am I glad I didn't just delete it) I happened to come across all my copys of Allan Akbars skintones and stuff (from his site when he still had it) including his very dark african one (which was the base for the tattooed skin I had just made into a default alien) so I decided to make that one my default alien skintone for now (while I decide if I want to do a special tattooed one)

I think after I get some sleep I will be updating my memory on his skintones, I used to love his ones with tanlines so I may make one of them a default  Grin

I don't understand what you mean (the bit in italics and bold). What exactly is the name of the tab, and where can I find it once I've opened the file in simpe?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 30, 19:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jmtmom, your very welcome  Cheesy

I don't understand what you mean (the bit in italics and bold). What exactly is the name of the tab, and where can I find it once I've opened the file in simpe?

To get the tabs, you have to scan folders first and then select the skintone file, look down and the tabs are

scanner settings, operations, cache

you want the operations tab, scroll down till you see "skintone scanner" Base skin - pick which you want your skintone to be as default ie; Light, Normal, Medium, Dark, Alien, Zombie etc...

then just click "create default skin override"
Yolu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 30, 19:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you - that is a lot clearer - I'll give it a go  Smiley
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 30, 19:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your welcome  Smiley

this time I opened simpe so I could explain better  Wink
Yolu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 30, 19:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed your instructions, fired up the game...

... and it worked! It worked beautifully! Thank you, thank you, thank you so so much for sharing this info - it saves a heck of a lot of eye-crossing and hair-pulling! Thank you!
Poupette
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 30, 23:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, thanks so much for the excellent tutorial, it worked great!
Do you know if there's a way to create default eyes just as easy? Smiley
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 30, 23:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, thanks so much for the excellent tutorial, it worked great!
Do you know if there's a way to create default eyes just as easy? Smiley

Yes, yes! That's what I want to do next too.  Grin
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 30, 23:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently changed to Enayla's skins, i made them defaults myself.  They look VERY realistic, the eye and cheek area seems a little light on my computer that's the only thing aside that their great.  Oh and they only have the nipples done the crotch isn't textured, it's a shame but oh well  Undecided .
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 31, 01:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently changed to Enayla's skins, i made them defaults myself.  They look VERY realistic, the eye and cheek area seems a little light on my computer that's the only thing aside that their great.  Oh and they only have the nipples done the crotch isn't textured, it's a shame but oh well   .

Do you recall which skins you used as the replacements for the main skins?  I'm seriously considering using hers myself (as I mentioned upthread).
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 31, 02:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried out the new scribbling skins just a bit ago.
Everything is beautiful about them only I can't stand that there seems to be so little definition to the faces. Just doesn't look right to me around their noses.  Ahh well. Maybe I've just been using helaene's so long that the change to smooth-pretty facial skin is just too much for my senses to handle.

Funny you should say that.  I've been Helaene's 800 series and so far I have resisted changing my default  I like the texture around the face, I think it adds realism.  Some people say it looks like a skin problem, but <shrug> to each their own.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 31, 02:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently changed to Enayla's skins, i made them defaults myself.  They look VERY realistic, the eye and cheek area seems a little light on my computer that's the only thing aside that their great.  Oh and they only have the nipples done the crotch isn't textured, it's a shame but oh well   .

Do you recall which skins you used as the replacements for the main skins?  I'm seriously considering using hers myself (as I mentioned upthread).

She has a new set at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=122941&page=8&pp=25

Sleepy, thank so much for that can't-be-easier method for creating default skin.  I took the liberty of explaining the method to Enayla over at MTS2 in her request thread.  I gave you full credit of course.  Maybe you should write a short tutorial and post it over at MTS2.  It's amazing that here is this method, obviously built in SimsPE, but almost no one knows about.  Boogles the mind Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 January 31, 03:37:23 by angelyne » Logged
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 31, 03:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never tried to make default eyes so I can't help with that  Sad  I assume you could do it like skintones (the old way) by altering a package that is already a default eye package but I've never even attempted recoloring eyes in Bodyshop...

I hope Maxis eventually gives us more default skintones and eyes to choose from *cough*change*cough* I have more skintones I'd like to use as defaults without giving up the ones I'm using *laughs*  I dislike using "custom" skintones because they end up dominate(sp?) and at one point I had like 30 kids (of all ages) and they all "grew up" to teen and had tattoos (made me sick&tired of my own tattooed skintones really fast) *sigh*

I looked at Enayla's skintones, very beautiful but I didn't care for the blush on all of them (why "blush" the skintones anyway? thats what makeup is for) atleast one of her skintones would have looked great with my black blush.

hmmm time to download the newest version of SimPE and have a snack...

edit -
angelyne, goodness I don't need credit for that info *laughs*  I'm just glad I could help and get the word out about that feature of simpe.
I know how frustrating it can be to want to make a default skintone replacement and not know how to do it or have anyway of getting it done!! *cough* long story *won't go into that*
« Last Edit: 2006 January 31, 03:59:39 by Sleepycat » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: