More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 09:54:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Credit For Final Exam Bug (?)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Credit For Final Exam Bug (?)  (Read 3491 times)
Mokuren Sim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No Credit For Final Exam Bug (?)
« on: 2006 February 11, 15:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello!

Sorry for bringing this old stuff again, but I find myself quite at loss...
This bug appeared all of sudden in one of my university households (had no problems like that before) and keeps... well, bugging me.
I was searching for a patch made by Twojeffs, but seems all links are broken and the file is nowhere to be found. I noticed Twojeffs said this bug was made 'obsolete' by Uni, but cannot make any sense out of it. What am I supposed to do?
Hope I do not sound too demented, I mean - I'm not a native English speaker, so perhaps I'm just missing some critical point there...
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: No Credit For Final Exam Bug (?)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 11, 16:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: There is another thread over here which may be related to your new? problem. If you recently installed the 2nd NL patch (or Uni patch? I don't know if there is a 2nd one for Uni as well, if you only have Uni), this may be the cause of your final exam bug. I guess it's best to stay tuned and see if any of the modders can figure out what's wrong and fix it if necessary.

I think this was made obsolete by the patches. Not Uni itself... since the problem showed up With Uni. Hence... the need for the hack.

If you haven't already patched your game, then go get the latest patches. If you are still having problems... check for any hack conflicts. You really shouldn't have hacks in your game that aren't needed. Usually it might be harmless, but in some cases, it may cause conflicts resulting in unexpected behaviour.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 February 11, 17:05:53 by syberspunk » Logged

Mokuren Sim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 11, 17:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, just to make sure I'm not misunderstood...

I haven't used any patches yet. I have university for quite some time now and it never happened before. What exactly happened:

From one of my houses, Sim applied for university. She left the house. I continued playing her familly house. Then I went to the university neighborhood and moved the girl into her own house there. This lot was already occupied several times before. This time, there was still one girl left. I added this new girl. Then I went back to play her familly house and it was slowed down to the point of being unplayable (1 minute of simtime equaled to several realtime minutes). Frustrated, I got back to this new girl in the university, I added her brother to the same lot and tried to play. It went fine. Until final exams, when all three sims missed them, althought I was sure I sent them in time. I found out that after sending them, they kept reappearing after an hour or so, even if I sent them again and again.

Now. I know this problem's been talked before and there was some patch or hack for this but I can't find any! So what can I do?

The Wife of Mokuren Sim
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 12, 04:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the official patch here.

Only get the one for whatever EP you have i.e. if you only have the Uni EP, then just get that one. If you installed Uni after the base game, theoretically it should have included any of the updates from the older patches. *shrugs*

The patch should have fixed this Final Exams problem. But there is possibly a new bug that may be related to final exams. I don't know if this is NL specific.

Ste

Mokuren Sim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 12, 17:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, we will try.
Pity it cures the sudden death syndrome during pregnancy... thought it was quite realistic.
Mokuren Sim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 12, 19:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thanks, thanks alot! My three poor Sims just made their semester. I should have tried the patch right away and not ask stupid questions, but well... when I read the list of benefits, the final exam bug seemed to be not included.

Now I'm just being annoyed with that censore grid that reappeared, but I quess nudity patch will disable it again.

So thanks again!

Wife of the Mokuren Sim
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: