More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:03:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Mailbox problems with AM installed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mailbox problems with AM installed  (Read 73310 times)
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Mailbox problems with AM installed
« Reply #25 on: 2012 November 28, 08:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, got the bug again last night. It's on the custom world Union Cove. I put all the files from that save's folder into a zip, here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/7bg9aeb0ibzt/n/autosave0_sims3_zip
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 November 28, 11:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado won't load a custom world to test, he'll need a save from a regular hood, most likely.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 November 28, 21:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I feel better about the fact that I'd over-written my broken mailbox saves as it was in a custom world too.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Game freezes when sim tries to fetch mail from mailbox
« Reply #28 on: 2012 November 30, 12:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope someone can figure out what's causing this.
Every time a sim goes to get mail the game freezes completely.  It doesn't crash, but hangs there, animations continue, water ripples, leaves rustle, and butterflies flutter, but time is not moving and nothing happens.  I have to force the program closed from task manager.
Other interactions with the mailbox seems to be working, the mail man can deliver, faerie traps can be set, metals smelted, and omni seeds ordered.
As far as I can tell it only affects one household, but since that's the only household I play, it's a problem.
It's been going on since before I installed Seasons, but it might have started right after the last patch.
I've tried taking out ALL custom content except for awesomemod, and it still happens.  I'll try without awesomemod if someone can recommend an alternative safe noCD fix.  I've tried resetting and replacing the mailbox; no good.

As for computer specs, let's just say my computer is awesome, I can't check the exact specifications at the moment, but I have 24 bloody gigabytes of RAM.

What else can I try?

Edit:  By the way, when testing faerie trap, my sim was able to attempt to get mail and trigger the trap without crashing, but when he went back to fetch the actual mail freeze happened.  So there's apparently something wrong with the mail itself.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Game freezes when sim tries to fetch mail from mailbox
« Reply #29 on: 2012 November 30, 13:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try without awesomemod if someone can recommend an alternative safe noCD fix.

Twallan's No-CD, from NRAAS Industries, with 3Booter from here to bypass the launcher.  It sounds like your save has gotten corrupted, if it's only affecting the one family.  You could try his Error Trap too, see if it catches anything.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012 November 30, 15:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOLY ERROR LOGS, BATMAN!

OK, it does not freeze when I took awesome mod out, but the stream of errors was quite unsettling.  It took half a dozen turns to the mailbox to get all the mail out because of sims reseting. There was an awful lot of unpayable bills, mountains of omni seeds (which I sincerely doubt I ever ordered) in gift-wrapped boxes, a few reward certificates, and about a hundred (literally) love letters and creepy gifts from stalkers.

Is there any possible way to nuke the content of the mailbox?

* errorLog.zip (16.33 KB - downloaded 514 times.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012 November 30, 15:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I just made a thread about this in Pudding, it didn't occur to me that it could be an awesome fault.  Feel free to merge thread.

Here you go, Pes:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/MQ27o_fg/Sunset_Valleysims3.html (I'd upload to kludgemush, but I've lost the login info. I'd appreciate if some kind soul could PM it to me.)
Good old Sunset Valley.  Lots of CC, but it loads fine without it.

Edit:
OK, I've been doing some more experimenting.
First of all, since bills and omniplants seems to be main characters in this story I dropped the No Bills Ever trait from my sim, and nuked her gardening skill.  Neither seems to have made any noticeable difference.

This is what my inventory looked like when I first managed to empty the mailbox:

It's bills and giftboxes all the way down.
Hovering over the bills it says "bill", but there are no interactions, they can't be paid, and they can't be moved or deleted without using setconfig MoveInventoryObjects true.  The gifts say "Omni plant" and can likewise not be interacted with.
I experimented with debug-clicking on the mailbox and using View Inventory.
First I tried deleting all the bills and letting a sim get mail: Crash.
Then I deleted the omniplants and fetched mail: No crash.
Also the bills turns out not to be bills, but in fact more damned love letters.

So it's pretty safe to say that the unsolicited omniplant shipments are at the root of this evil.

I deleted all the letters and the game continued as before for about a day or two, then a new shipment of plant spam arrived.  I just keep getting new ones; sometimes three or four a day.
I'll do some more experiments and see what happens.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 30, 19:44:26 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012 November 30, 19:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a clue.  I started a new game when I got the mailbox error last time.  So far, no issues.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012 November 30, 21:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an off the cuff idea, does anyone else use Buzzler's BoxOfSeeds sorter for gardeners?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012 November 30, 22:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I don't use Buzzler's BoxOfSeeds, neither did the family that was affected have a noBillsEver LTR.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 November 30, 23:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an off the cuff idea, does anyone else use Buzzler's BoxOfSeeds sorter for gardeners?

Dammit, I do.  It claims to be "Compatible with 1.42", but I'll try removing it.  It certainly seems like a likely culprit.

Edit: Removed it, but omni plant spam is still happening.  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2012 November 30, 23:41:31 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012 December 01, 09:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...as far as I can tell it was almost spot on.

Anyway...  Can we get back to figuring out what the hell is going on with these omni plants?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012 December 01, 09:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.4shared.com/rar/MQ27o_fg/Sunset_Valleysims3.html (I'd upload to kludgemush, but I've lost the login info. I'd appreciate if some kind soul could PM it to me.)
Good old Sunset Valley.  Lots of CC, but it loads fine without it.
I am unable to download this, since you apparently made it registration only. Provide relevant details to get file.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012 December 01, 19:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the mailbox error crop up again in an unawesome game.  Deleting the mailbox and replacing it from BuyDebug apparently fixed the error -- my bills and mail started coming again, as normal -- but I'm not sure what made the error happen.  For the record, I don't have the Buzzler mod witch and Gwill mentioned.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012 December 02, 20:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unable to download this, since you apparently made it registration only. Provide relevant details to get file.

Stupid fucking "free" file hosting.

Try these:
http://www.filedropper.com/sunsetvalleysims3
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/38674701/file.html
One of the bloody things must work.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012 December 04, 17:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does seem to be related to gardening, since the last patch.  I was wondering whether it was because I only have EPs up to Generations.  There is a jump bug reported (which my game has got as well) where the telescope stops working if you don't have Seasons. 

Same issue with the "semi-freeze".  I nuked and replaced the mailbox, and I also have the "omni plant" immovable spam in inventory.  I'll try the setconfig step.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012 December 06, 08:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the mailbox error crop up again in an unawesome game.  Deleting the mailbox and replacing it from BuyDebug apparently fixed the error -- my bills and mail started coming again, as normal -- but I'm not sure what made the error happen.  For the record, I don't have the Buzzler mod witch and Gwill mentioned.
Well, if it's also a non-Awesome problem, then I'm completely mystified as to what it could be.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012 December 06, 16:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod is what's causing the freeze, but it might be innocent of the omni plant spawning.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012 December 09, 13:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "setconfig moveinventoryobjects true" approach seems to function as a workaround - at least they can get their mail if you simply view inventory on the mailbox and then "take all".  At that point you still have to remove all the omni plant boxes (every sim day when the mailman comes) and nuke them.  It's a bit of an omni plant apocalypse.

Tribulatio proxima est
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012 December 09, 13:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually got unusable, undeletable omni plant seeds from the Adventure Board while on vacation the first time this glitch happened.  When I clicked the board to check for available adventures, the "Get Mail" option was available, and I clicked it out of curiosity, because I've never gotten mail while on vacation before.  Suddenly I had phantom Omni seeds in my inventory.

Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012 December 09, 20:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An interesting side note: if the game stuffs a foreign mailbox full of Omni Plants and you return home, they end up in your inventory. At that point I was unable to get them out of my inventory even with Ctrl-Shift-Click->Nuke->Object -- but using NRaas->Master Controller->Basic->Sell allowed me to remove them.

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012 December 14, 22:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened with me as well.  However, I have no gardening skill.

The only thing clogging the box is creepy stalker gifts, and not very many of them.

Awesomemod is the only mod installed.

If the game freeze happens, it will happen consistently.  Reverting to an earlier autosave and getting the mail then usually works, and it generally a love letter which seems to be completely meaningless to the gameplay anyways.

Can we have an Awesome Option for "No Moar Stalker Mail"?

***********update**************

I did find a work-around that can be reproduced reliably.  While you may always select "Get Mail", if you do so when the little flag is down the game will hard freeze.  If you do so while the flag is up, everything is kosher and the mail clears out nicely.  Wait for the flag to go up before taking the goodies.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 15, 00:33:20 by PolecatEZ » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2012 December 16, 23:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did find a work-around that can be reproduced reliably.  While you may always select "Get Mail", if you do so when the little flag is down the game will hard freeze.  If you do so while the flag is up, everything is kosher and the mail clears out nicely.  Wait for the flag to go up before taking the goodies.

I have selected the get mail option when the flag was down and nothing happened.  My sim simply didn't go to the mail box, as there was obviously nothing in there, and the game didn't freeze either.  I selected the option several times and the game continued to play just fine.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012 December 17, 06:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect the "omni plants" of not being omni plants, but rather those creepy stalker gifts.  I seem to remember there being such a thing (paintings and flowers?), along with the love letters, before this started happening in my game.  I haven't had any since.
The hover text says omni plant, but that doesn't have to mean anything as the hover text on the love letters says "bill".

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012 December 18, 18:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have selected the get mail option when the flag was down and nothing happened.  My sim simply didn't go to the mail box, as there was obviously nothing in there, and the game didn't freeze either.  I selected the option several times and the game continued to play just fine.

This is a work around for when something *IS* in your mailbox and the flag is down = "Don't check your mail when there is something in your mailbox and the flag is down."

Nothing will happen in your game if you check the mail when there is no mail, as there is no bad mail to lock up your game.  Did I miss some obvious thing here with your observation?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: