More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:54:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Mailbox problems with AM installed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mailbox problems with AM installed  (Read 73303 times)
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Mailbox problems with AM installed
« on: 2012 November 21, 22:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just reinstalled Sims 3 with all the expansions. I used AwesomeMod from the beginning, but only just came across a bug.
Whenever my sim 'gets mail' from the mailbox, the game semi-freezes. I don't know if you have a proper term for it, but the sim freezes, the weather effects continue, trees sway, all that stuff continues, but the game is kind of... I dont know... paused. I can't click on anything, my cursor stays the same no matter what I hover over. I have to Alt-Tab out then close the process in Task Manager. I tried using the debug to delete the mailbox and place a new one, but it happened again the next time there was mail to collect.

If I remove Awesomemod, then I can access the mailbox fine, and I can save, put AM back on, and continue playing. But it happens every time I use the mailbox now, so I can't keep up the song and dance every 5 minutes.

I tried searching, but I haven't played TS3 for a long time, so I don't know if I am searching for the right terms.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Mailbox problems with AM installed
« Reply #1 on: 2012 November 21, 23:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had trouble with letterboxes as you describe too. I ctrl-clicked (or ctrl-shift-clicked, can't remember) on the mailbox and opened its inventory. It was full of boxes of omni-seeds and bills to pay. I nuked them all and the mailbox works again. I'm inclined to think it's the omni-seeds and not AM, but I also suspect AM is not getting the bills paid because of the blockage.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 November 22, 09:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried looking for the inventory you mentioned (tried Shift-Click, Ctrl-Shift-Click) and couldn't find it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 November 22, 09:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use Awesomemod with debug mode on?

Also, did you try ctrl-click, which was the first suggestion I made.

Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 November 22, 10:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I tried all different combinations of Ctrl, Alt and Shift.
I also tried with testingcheatsenabled on, and buydebug on. I got an option to 'Nuke', and another time (I think Shift-Click) gave me some cheat options, but even then the only option for the mailbox was delete, everything else was the standard cheats that come with testingcheatsenabled.

Edit: I should mention that I cannot send Love Letters any more. The option is greyed out, and when I hover over it, it says there are no available writing surfaces, despite there being available surfaces in my house.
Also, there was no problem when I started playing with this sim, I could use the mailbox with no problems (sending/receiving love letters, mailing gems/minerals to be cut/smelted etc.)

Edit 2: I nuked the mailbox, then got another one in by using buydebug. It was working fine for a while, I could send and receive mail, but it just happened again.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 22, 12:08:42 by Death-Jester » Logged
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 November 22, 12:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it's probably debug interactions (setconfig debuginteractions true) which brings up EA's debugging commands and then it should be ctrl-shift-click.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 November 22, 12:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh thank you!
I just tried it, and I have 3 omni seeds in the mailbox. Looks like that could be the cause. Any way I can get them, or should I just delete them?

Edit: I put them in my inventory then nuked them, but it seems every day or so the postman delivers more. Is there a way I can give myself an omni seed to try and stop them arriving in the post?
« Last Edit: 2012 November 22, 15:20:08 by Death-Jester » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 November 22, 19:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to nuke all the seeds I found, they had no interactions. Haven't checked the letterbox since.

Did you find a pile of unpaid bills? 'Cos that would be the only link to AM.

Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 November 22, 20:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did occasionally find bills, but they seemed to be love letters that are mislabelled.
I've started a new sim in a custom world (Union Cove), so I'll see if it happens again.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 November 22, 21:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting. I had a mail box die on me. I could still pay bills but every time I tried to collect the contents of it the game would freeze - permenantly. I thought it was just an imaginary friend that had arrived (I couldn't think of anything else it might be), but I had sent a love letter out earlier. I shall have to have a look.

PS - removing all the omni seeds and multiple 'bill' versions re-enabled the get mail option. My mail box works again - where the fuck did those seeds come from? None of my Sims in this house are gardeners.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 22, 21:24:28 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 November 23, 04:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem in my game, though at the time I was unable to figure out the solution to it and I no longer have that save.  I don't have Supernatural or Seasons, but I my game is fully patched and the only mod I use is AM.  Was the ability to send love letters included with the patch?  Because if so, I've never seen that option in my game.  And if not, I can verify that love letters are not the problem.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
jsader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 November 24, 05:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

once the omni seeds (that no one ordered) are in the sim's inventory, how do you destroy them? I can't click on them at all. I have to use the 'take all' button from the mail box to get them out.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 November 24, 14:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't an AwesomeMod issue.  I've had the Omni Seed issue and the "No available writing surface" issue happen in my game too, and I don't use Awesomemod.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 November 25, 14:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh right. It's weird that if I remove AM the problem goes away though.
My new sim now has the same problem too. He just hit 5 in Gardening, and the first time he accessed the mailbox the game froze. I haven't checked to see if there is an omniseeds in the mailbox.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 November 25, 14:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

once the omni seeds (that no one ordered) are in the sim's inventory, how do you destroy them? I can't click on them at all. I have to use the 'take all' button from the mail box to get them out.

If you Ctrl-Click (I think) there should be a 'Nuke' option on them.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 November 25, 14:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked, and yup, once again, omni plants. Notice I said omni PLANTS, not seeds.

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/e662U.jpg
jsader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 November 25, 19:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

Thanks.

So, I saved the game right before going to the mailbox, took out my entire mods folder, and my sim pulled out a random present. I've taken out AM and my mods listed as hacks, but left all my other custom content in and still have the omni plant issue. I'm not sure at this point what is causing the issue, but whatever it is, it's connected to the 'no wedding presents' issue for me. Will do further testing.

edit: *facepalm*  I had an extra awesome.package hidden in my skins folder. Confirmed that this is an awesomemod issue for me.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 25, 21:05:37 by jsader » Logged
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2012 November 25, 20:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the debuginteractions enabled, and I don't get any options when I click on the omni plants in my inventory. There's five of them there, now.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 November 25, 21:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only custom content, other than AM, is the no intro mod, and loads of store content in monthly .package files, plus 2 custom worlds. The custom worlds weren't installed when I first had the problem. Also both my sims were single, so no wedding presents to speak of.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 November 25, 21:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

setconfig moveinventoryobjects true

Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 November 25, 22:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the debuginteractions enabled, and I don't get any options when I click on the omni plants in my inventory. There's five of them there, now.

Either do what Madame Mim suggested, or use the AM Custom Config, and turn on Debug mode, which will then give you the 'Nuke' option.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 November 26, 04:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually that won't work. You need the debug on to get them into your 'pocket', but that doesn't enable deleting them. You need put in the other config to enable deleting them.

homeworlder
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 November 26, 20:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the excact issue. Quite annoying when you're at 3rd generation and you never saved once.
I'm fairly new to Sims 3. What are these Omni-seeds, and how do i avoid them ?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 November 27, 03:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just reinstalled Sims 3 with all the expansions. I used AwesomeMod from the beginning, but only just came across a bug.
Whenever my sim 'gets mail' from the mailbox, the game semi-freezes.
I am investigating this, but can't reproduce it. Someone send me a save where their mailbox is jammed like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 November 27, 15:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the excact issue. Quite annoying when you're at 3rd generation and you never saved once.
I'm fairly new to Sims 3. What are these Omni-seeds, and how do i avoid them ?

If you make it to three generations without ever saving your game, you deserve to have it blow up in your face.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: