More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:16:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone recognise this outfit?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone recognise this outfit?  (Read 28429 times)
florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Anyone recognise this outfit?
« on: 2005 December 06, 00:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to plan a new Everyday outfit for one of my sims and found four outfits that I don't recognise and certainly didn't buy. See attached image for an example of one of them. The other 3 are the same outfit but different colours.

The lot has two female sims, both Pleasure aspiration, both achieved LTW and both at the top of their career. One a Professional Party Guest and the other a Celebrity Chef. Initially I thought it might be the Celebrity Chef career outfit, but if that was the case wouldn't their be only one choice?

I'm puzzled. Anyone know what they are?

[attachment deleted by admin]
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Anyone recognise this outfit?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 06, 00:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, me too!  Cheesy

I found that yesterday in Elizabeth Durpree, Celebrity Chef's dresser and said, where the hell did that come from and what is it?

*boggle*

I have the extra colors, too!

I think this is new since NL, but perhaps that a coincidence of timing on my end.  I can't remember if she became a Celebrity Chef before or after I installed NL, and she's my first female Celebrity Chef.

What on earth is that supposed to be???

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 06, 00:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's my first Celebrity Chef too. To me it looks like an Aladin pantomime costume. Oh no it doesn't! Oh yes...  Grin
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 06, 00:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm pretty sure they are Celebrity Chef outfits...

there's the one pictured, a purple one and some other colour.

When I first saw them I thought they were Martial Arts uniforms  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 06, 01:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shows I've never played any of my cooks long enough to get there!  I find it one of the most BORING careers!   But I certainly didn't recognise the outfit, and it doesn't seem very chef-like to me!

Zephyr Zodiac
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 06, 01:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they actually wear it?  I can't remember my Celebrity Chef wearing it, but....

*confused*

I'm afraid she is on maternity leave right now, with 6 vacation days stockpiled and only 3 days of work per week, so I won't be able to answer the question for myself for some time.

And what, pray tell, was somebody smoking when they designed THAT?  ("Designed" being a loose term.)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
mishymoto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 06, 01:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is the outfit for the celebrity chef -- and windy_moon, I don't know what they were smoking, but it must have been good!

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~ Sir Winston Churchill
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 06, 01:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's an outfit in the culinary career track. Ugliest thing ever. Why can't my sims wear white with a chef hat?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 06, 01:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they actually wear it?  I can't remember my Celebrity Chef wearing it, but....

*confused*

I'm afraid she is on maternity leave right now, with 6 vacation days stockpiled and only 3 days of work per week, so I won't be able to answer the question for myself for some time.

And what, pray tell, was somebody smoking when they designed THAT?  ("Designed" being a loose term.)
those are the celebrity chef's outfits for work and yes they do wear them to work!

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 06, 01:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say is, what they were smoking may have been good, but it didn't do much for their creativity!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 06, 01:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say is, what they were smoking may have been good, but it didn't do much for their creativity!
it never does Undecided

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 06, 02:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose unless you're creative (in the artistic sense) to start with, then smoking anything or nothing would make no difference - you're either born with it or without it, and you can't change that.  (unlike a sim, of course).  so if the Maxoid creating an outfit has no artistic judgment or ability, and poor dress sense, what can you expect but things like those stupid frilly blouses which look so ridiulous with long skirts and Doc Martens!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 06, 02:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose unless you're creative (in the artistic sense) to start with, then smoking anything or nothing would make no difference - you're either born with it or without it, and you can't change that.  (unlike a sim, of course).  so if the Maxoid creating an outfit has no artistic judgment or ability, and poor dress sense, what can you expect but things like those stupid frilly blouses which look so ridiulous with long skirts and Doc Martens!
all of which might look great if they were paired up with appropriate clothing items instead of together

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 06, 02:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly, now those blouses actually look good with the black, slightly flared trousers and little boots, on a fit sim with a neat midriff!  They just look silly with clodhoppers and a long, droopy (drippy?) sort of skirt!

Zephyr Zodiac
florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 06, 04:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone for revealing the mystery for me. My sim was only just promoted to Celebrity Chef so I hadn't actually seen her go to work in them. It was the fact that there were four that confused me. Not to mention the rediculous colours!

Now if you could get them to wear them when using the punch bag career reward they'd look good with all those Karate kicks. But a chef? Whatever the Maxoids are smoking, I wish they'd stop.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 06, 04:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone for revealing the mystery for me. My sim was only just promoted to Celebrity Chef so I hadn't actually seen her go to work in them. It was the fact that there were four that confused me. Not to mention the rediculous colours!

Now if you could get them to wear them when using the punch bag career reward they'd look good with all those Karate kicks. But a chef? Whatever the Maxoids are smoking, I wish they'd stop.

wait til you see themens celebrity chef Uniform it brings to mind Prince Charles in a miltary uniform that a bad cleaner got ahold of. I wish the Maxiods would quit smoking whatever it is that they smoke before designing outfits as well
« Last Edit: 2005 December 06, 04:41:42 by Bangelnuts » Logged

taichikitten
Asinine Airhead

Life in Digital

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 06, 04:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the celebrity chef outfits look as they do, because Maxis was parody-ing the outfits that the Iron Chefs wear.  That is a "combat" cooking show very popular in Japan, and shown here on the Food Network.  It's actually a fascinating show that I quite enjoy.  And there are four Iron Chefs (each specializing in a different cuisine: Japanese, Chinese, French and Italian), which I think explains why there are four versions of the Maxis outfit.

I rather like the celebrity chef outfits myself.  ^_^
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 06, 04:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the celebrity chef outfits look as they do, because Maxis was parody-ing the outfits that the Iron Chefs wear.  That is a "combat" cooking show very popular in Japan, and shown here on the Food Network.  It's actually a fascinating show that I quite enjoy.  And there are four Iron Chefs (each specializing in a different cuisine: Japanese, Chinese, French and Italian), which I think explains why there are four versions of the Maxis outfit.

the only work clothes I like is the genera;sl uniform in the military career and the hall of famer the rest Look awful to me .so the first thing  I have my sims do when they come home is change clothes

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 06, 05:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, I never thought of that!! I LOVE Iron Chef and come to think of it the celebrity chef clothes are very similar to the Iron Chef's uniforms!

At least that seems like a good enough explanation for the 'smoking' maxoids!  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 06, 06:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought when I first saw them -- Iron Chef!  And some of the chance cards in the culinary career remind me of Emeril Lagasse.  Kick up a notch!!!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 06, 06:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought as soon as I saw the pic. Iron Chef! But how unfortunate that Maxis humour must be parlayed into horrible fashion. I like fashion, and I like humour. Can't the two just coexist peacefully?  Cry
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 06, 08:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's not the Maxoids who were smoking something, it's the creators of Iron Chef.  Here's a pic:

The top level of the culinary career is something like "The Iron Cook" so it's a joke about Iron Chef.  I'm sure they wanted to model the outfit after the host, who wears really bizarre outfits, with beaded gloves and metalic capes.  But as we saw with the vampires, Maxoids haven't been able to develop a good cape.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 06, 08:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Motoki's clothing enabler (posted in the Peasantry), and it shows that outfit in 3 colours-there is a blue one and a really nice red and white one. I think you drew the short end of the straw with that colour  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 06, 10:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate the outfit that the drama career spawns when your sim reaches the top - I mean, a track suit is just crummy!

Mind you , the absolute pits was that sims1 outfit that female sims who reached the top of the hacker career used to wear!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 06, 10:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate the outfit that the drama career spawns when your sim reaches the top - I mean, a track suit is just crummy!

Mind you , the absolute pits was that sims1 outfit that female sims who reached the top of the hacker career used to wear!

I can't remember that-what was it like?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: