More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:58:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Seasons Impressions?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons Impressions?  (Read 33941 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Seasons Impressions?
« Reply #25 on: 2012 December 10, 20:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite all the rainy annoyances, THIS is what I wanted Seasons to give me, and it did so perfectly:

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 December 12, 08:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite all the rainy annoyances, THIS is what I wanted Seasons to give me, and it did so perfectly:
"snip"

I agree. THIS is awesome. Seasons is the EP I loved most in Sims 2. The weather, especially the snow is my favorite. I grew up in very cold weather, lots of snow, but, decided to live my adult life in desert heat. I love my game to have the snow...I just don't want to deal with it in meat space.
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 December 12, 13:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it, its a great EP, but 4 rainbows in hidden springs while it's snowing is a bit much...
Other weather effects are cool though.
Spotty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2012 December 12, 21:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a huge fan of the snow.  That screenshot above is about what it looks like out my RL window right now, so it's nice my sims get to enjoy a similar view.

Ran into a pretty frustrating issue though.  My sims live in a multi-level basement house built beneath a converted park, featuring a pond.  In certain of their hallways, some of the time, the sims will stop walking and do an "Oh boy, I'm about to slip and fall" animation, then suddenly teleport outside with a yellow teleportation effect and matching sound, their entire queue cancelled and replaced with a "Go here" icon with "Move Away" as the mouseover text.  Last night I noticed that the spots where this was occuring were directly beneath the pond, which was frozen when it was occurring.

So, apparently frozen ponds leak icewater into basements.  Leaves sticking around until spring I can handle, that's realistic (there's a ton of leaves underneath the snow outside my RL house right now which I'm totally not looking forward to dealing with when it melts), but dammit, winter time is the ONE seasons where basements shouldn't be leaky!

Edit: confirmed by removing pond, which eliminated the slipperiness and teleporting.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 12, 22:40:05 by Spotty » Logged
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012 December 13, 00:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to put a roof on my house somehow. I noticed the first day I played, when it was snowing from the Hunter's Storm or whatever it's called. So I went, and put a roof on. It's about..  a week later? And normal summer. There's no snow on the floor or anything, but the snowing graphic is still showing up indoors. Not annoying enough to rebuild the house or nuke the save, but a bit amusing.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012 December 13, 23:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 4 will just be some shitty BookFace or forced social crap with no AI or any form of simulation anyway. Just like the new Sim City in fact.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012 December 14, 15:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like it a lot better if I could fucking get this Sim fucking abducted already. I made a Sim just for that! He's got space rocks and moonstones coming out his ears and Searches the Galaxy when he's hip-deep in snow! What the fuck else do I need to do you weedy green bastards?!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012 December 14, 17:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like it a lot better if I could fucking get this Sim fucking abducted already. I made a Sim just for that! He's got space rocks and moonstones coming out his ears and Searches the Galaxy when he's hip-deep in snow! What the fuck else do I need to do you weedy green bastards?!

Make sure your aliens have space ships.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012 December 14, 18:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use this mod: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/4302-no-less-more-and-extreme-alien-abductions-requires-seasons-ep-update-11-21-12/

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012 December 14, 19:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a bug, like Kissing_Toast said, often they are missing UFOs. Not sure if this is EA or not.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 December 15, 05:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I used the "ridiculous likelihood of abduction" mod, and the bug-eyed bastards were still no-shows. If they have no ships, how do I find this out and how the hell do I fix it?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012 December 15, 05:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I used the "ridiculous likelihood of abduction" mod, and the bug-eyed bastards were still no-shows. If they have no ships, how do I find this out and how the hell do I fix it?

How the fuck do you think?  Wink

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012 December 17, 00:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a bug, like Kissing_Toast said, often they are missing UFOs. Not sure if this is EA or not.

The first reports about missing UFOs is because Twallan's Overwatch would delete them. The only way to get them back is to delete all aliens and let the game generate new ones.

Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012 December 24, 08:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There does seem to be an Awesomemod issue of some sort. If nothing else it seems to be killing the 'Abducted' moodlet.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013 January 03, 10:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a good impression.
My world is not up to date, yet, because I installed the last three expansions two weeks ago and have to make up and learn a lot.
But I tested a world updated by Carl (http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/).
With all Expansions up to seasons The Sims 3 is now entertaining enough for me to rival the sims 2.
I like the snow and the aliens a lot.
Not being a powergamer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powergaming), I am able to enjoy the new animations and making discoveries (at the moment I try to "solve" the bees without a look at the code, for now...).
Maybe Seasons will be the point for me to start modding the sims 3, as it has been Open for Business before (concerning the sims 2).
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013 January 04, 04:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They seem to always come and abduct my sims, and I can't cancel out of the stupid queue either. Thanks for giving me a choice, EA, you fuckwads.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013 January 04, 05:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't 'aliens' one of the options in the menu? Can't you just turn them off?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013 January 04, 13:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They seem to always come and abduct my sims, and I can't cancel out of the stupid queue either. Thanks for giving me a choice, EA, you fuckwads.

If you had a choice then it wouldn't be abduction, now would it?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013 January 04, 19:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you had a choice then it wouldn't be abduction, now would it?

Dincha know? When an alien abducts you, your body shuts down and blocks out out the entire process causing you not to be probed and be implanted with alien foetus. If it's a "legitimate" abduction that is.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013 January 04, 20:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't 'aliens' one of the options in the menu? Can't you just turn them off?

Aliens can't be turned off in game.  Looks like there's a mod for abduction chances though.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2013 January 04, 22:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a few mods that alter the chances, from 100% abduction to 0%. Look around MTS.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013 January 05, 17:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really enjoying the weather.  I didn't realize how much I missed it.  Wish there was a bit more of a gradual change; ponds freezing the first day of fall seems a bit on the fast side.  I really wish EA had considered making witch spells interact with sim temperatures better; one sim with magical icicles hanging from his nose and heating up at the same time makes no sense.  Also, aliens.  I've missed them too.

Don't know yet if this will rank as highly as Sims 2 Seasons for me, but it's off to a good start.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013 January 05, 19:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really enjoying the weather.  I didn't realize how much I missed it.  Wish there was a bit more of a gradual change; ponds freezing the first day of fall seems a bit on the fast side.

I haven't actually played with the value to see its in-game effect, but there's a transition value that you could tweak. It's set to two days by default and I imagine that increasing the value would make the weather transitions more gradual.

I don't know what XML it's in off-hand but it's the same one edited by the longer seasons mod at MTS.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013 January 06, 14:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know yet if this will rank as highly as Sims 2 Seasons for me, but it's off to a good start.

Someone in the room might have squeed the first time it started raining in the game.  Wasn't me, though, because that would be undignified.

YouWereAdopted
Corpulent Cretin

Can you jezzer in my mouth please

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013 January 07, 03:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One household of mine has been abducted at least 3 times within one hour of playing. That was extremely frustrating. The first time was neat, but the second and third time happened immediately after, and it was kinda aggravating, because I didn't have time to deal with my sim being whisked away for a while, when it did fucking nothing for my gameplay except empty his energy bar.

The weather is nice, and I do think it was probably one of the best sims 3 expansion packs. Which is pretty shitty, because it was shallow gameplay.

EA's expansion packs haven't added many new features to the sims 3. Just some stuff and a *couple* of new interactions, that were already expected because they were on the fucking back cover of the box plain as day. You don't discover anything new or exciting in game yourself.

Also, it adds obvious traits. Like "Loves the cold", "Loves the heat", etc. It's completely cliche, and I feel robbed. EA is such a brilliant, creative company and has the potential to add so much more. And it pains me to say this, because The Sims Franchise is my absolute favorite gaming franchise.

But it's turned cheap. I'm paying less for more, which is why I haven't purchased any other expansion or stuff packs. It's a waste of money.

jezzer and I role play ferbies when we're feeling frisky
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: