More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:50:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Sim got reseted upon feeding fish whose tank on the floor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim got reseted upon feeding fish whose tank on the floor  (Read 7012 times)
trevorms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sim got reseted upon feeding fish whose tank on the floor
« on: 2012 November 07, 14:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the dumb title name. I couldn't come up with any better name for it, so I decide to leave it like that, and try to elaborate what really happens here.

To start off with, I think this is an EAxis bug, rather than an Awesome's defect. This occurs with patch 1.39 and the corresponding version of AM for it, but since it's EAxis and seems like no one has reported it yet, it will likely to occurs with previous patches, and even with the current patch of 1.42 as well

Description:
Normally, sims should not be able to do the action of "Feed [Fishname]" when the tank containing that fish is on the floor. The action is grayed out, and a pop-up saying "Object is on the floor" comes up when hovering the mouse over the action.

However, if there exist more than one fish tanks on the lot, the action "Feed all fishes on the lot" will be available on the menu of every fish tank, even on the one whose tank is on the floor. This action will lead the current sim to go to and feed every tank, including the one which is on the floor. As the sim try to feed that tank, he will be "force-reset". He will reappear at the default location, with motives snap back to the state as if he have just been reseted with resetsim command. One thing, however, which is not reseted is promised wishes. All promised wishes remain the same, rather than being discarded after a reset.

I'm not sure if the reset was the game's original behavior, or AM, or even Twallan's Overwatch. Maybe the game's original behavior will simply pop out an error message, rather than attempting to reset the sim. Maybe it is smart enough to force reset the sim to fix it. I'm still not sure. I'll need more testings to firgure out what causes this weird "half-baked" reset.
Here the script error produced by ErrorTrap
Interactions:
1: Feed all fish on lot
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Fishing.Fish+FeedAllFishOnLot+Definition
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Fishing.Fish+FeedAllFishOnLot+Definition
2: Conversion Ritual
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Alchemy.MagicWand+CastConvert+Definition
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Alchemy.MagicWand+CastConvert+Definition

Counter: 11
 Sim-Time: Mon. at 6:17 AM
 Start-Time: 11/07/2012 18:17:10
 PreLoadup-Time: 11/07/2012 18:19:14
 Loadup-Time: 11/07/2012 19:26:52
 Log-Time: 11/07/2012 23:27:36

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x00040 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.FishBowlBase+FishBowlInteraction:EnterFishBowlSmc (Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineClient&,Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.FishBowlBase,Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces.IGameObject&) ([4F090C44] [4EA36B40] [2C955CC0] [4F090CF4] )
#1: 0x0000e ret.void   in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.FishBowlBase+FishBowlInteraction:EnterFishBowlSmc () ()
#2: 0x00042 ldthis     in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.FishBowlBase+Feed:Run () ()
#3: 0x000b4 stloc.u1   in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:RunInteractionWithoutCleanup () ()
#4: 0x00045 brtrue.i4.s in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Fishing.Fish+FeedAllFishOnLot:Run () ()
#5: 0x000b4 stloc.u1   in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:RunInteractionWithoutCleanup () ()
#6: 0x00351 stloc.u1   in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:ProcessOneInteraction () ()
#7: 0x0010c stfld.u1   in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:DoInteraction () ()
#8: 0x00015 br.s       in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:Simulate () ()
#9: 0x00027 leave.s    in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()
« Last Edit: 2012 December 13, 13:54:48 by trevorms » Logged
Your English teacher
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Sim got reseted upon feeding fish whose tank on the floor
« Reply #1 on: 2012 December 03, 15:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How dare you atrociously rape the English dictionary like that?

* Your English teacher bitchslaps trevorms
« Last Edit: 2012 December 03, 15:56:59 by Your English teacher » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 December 03, 16:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried not putting fish tanks on the floor? Also, you will get no support if you fail to be fully patched for whatever snowflaek reason you have.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
trevorms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 December 13, 13:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried not putting fish tanks on the floor? Also, you will get no support if you fail to be fully patched for whatever snowflaek reason you have.

As you can see, this thread is like ages ago, back when it was like a couple days after the release of patch 1.42, so I didn't fully patch my game or update AM (I, however, remember that I had encountered this even before the patch). However, keep in mind that I did state that this might not be a AM's bug at all, so I was trying to report an unreported EAxis' %^*$#, rather than asking for support

@'My' English teacher: I'm truly sorry for taking away the virginity of English dictionary
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 December 13, 16:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just put your damn fishbowls on a surface like they're meant to be and go away.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 December 20, 15:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That said (and very well, too, jezzer.  That was great.), there do seem to be a myriad different actions that cause pudding resets since 1.42.  I have noticed them after "serenade", after eating a picnic in the park, collecting rocks/minerals, etc.  My puddings are now spending their lives doing things and resetting.

Tribulatio proxima est
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 December 21, 21:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've observed that as well - I've had them reset when I sent them to fish at a perfectly accessible location, or to garden, but there doesn't seem to be anything consistent about when it happens.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: