More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:03:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Fire Hazard
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fire Hazard  (Read 12115 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Fire Hazard
« on: 2012 November 06, 10:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently on MATY, there was a huge and beautiful manor-type house offered for download. Unfortunately it was >50MB and many couldn't even install it. I've had it in the back of my mind to create a house in a similar style for some time, I've never tried an old-fashioned sort of house and I've never built one with fireplaces in almost every room. Although when I say old fashioned, it's really more of a shabby but comfortable home.

When I downloaded 'The Burrow' from Diwtay at MTS and threw together the Weasley family for my supernatural neighbourhood, I was very disappointed to discover the sims couldn't use the stairs. There is a bit of roof protruding over the stairs and I couldn't manage to change or grab it without changing the look of the Burrow. So the lot was functionally useless.

So in a parallel an alternate simsverse the Weasleys now live in an large old manor house, except for Bill and Charles who have left home. What's more, in this parallel alternate world, Harry and Hermione live in the house too. Because I can.

This is a 30x30 lot with the garden mostly unfinished. §190K (approx.). I plan to use it on a larger lot myself, but I want to give people the option of using the smaller lot. The house is 3 stories (including the ground floor); it has 6 bedrooms, a nursery, 4 full bathrooms and 2 toilets. Living, eating and entertainment on the ground floor; explosions and experiments on the top. The nursery is on the ground floor because I am sick to death of butlers, babysitters and random sims always bringing the toddlers downstairs where there are usually no toys.

Let me tell you about fireplaces now. Hur. I had no idea they were so prone to catching fire. There are 9 fireplaces, the Weasleys need them for the flue Floo network after all, and I decided it would be a nice Seasons touch to have them all automatically lighting. I was hoping I could do multiple upgrades on fireplaces, but it turns out you get 1 of 3 options; autolight, change colour or fireproof. I actually want all 3. If a modder makes me a mod, I will build a house to spec for them. Anyway, I gave the sims all 10 handiness points and made the fireplaces auto lighting. Chaos ensued. I have included pictorial evidence. Heh. Incidentally, I called this lot 'Fire Hazard' right from the beginning, till I could come up with a better name. There isn't a better name for this lot!

Just as a side note - has anyone else had a play with the new blueprints for building a house? Cool concept, ginormous rooms, I hope modders can make new blueprints.

So, on to the pictures.

FIRE!
Every single fireplace went up, one after the other. My sims were running like maniacs to put them out
and the fire truck spent all night running backwards and forwards from the fire station. It was total chaos.

Download Fire Hazard sims3pack

Download Fire Hazard package

(I'm sorry about the masses of pictures, I just don't know when to stop.  Roll Eyes)
« Last Edit: 2012 November 07, 00:02:41 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: Fire Hazard
« Reply #1 on: 2012 November 06, 13:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THAT is a fucking AWESOME house. So much pretty! I'm going to grab this lot and play with it. This is perfect for my alternate Harry Potter 'verse in which Snape is still alive and super rich. Perhaps with fewer fireplaces though. Smiley

Nitpick: It's the Floo network. All chimneys have flues, but only wizards have Floos.

Excellent work as always.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 November 06, 16:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neat looking house.  The best way I found to deal with the fires is just give one of your sims the fireproof homestead lifetime reward.  This also lets you upgrade to, and enjoy, auto light or change colour without worrying about your house burning to the ground every other day.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
caudex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 November 06, 16:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fireplaces in The Sims are ridiculously dangerous compared to their real life counterparts. It makes creating old-style houses in particular a massive pain. I believe in TS1 there were actually EAxis-designed houses that would go up in flames if you lit the fireplace.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 November 06, 18:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember in TS1 you could lay down wall-to-wall rugs, add a fireplace, and just wait.  Your sim fambly would be dead before dawn.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 November 06, 21:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember in TS1 you could lay down wall-to-wall rugs, add a fireplace, and just wait.  Your sim fambly would be dead before dawn.

Ah, the good old days.

I cried when I learned TS2 wouldn't let you kill babies and toddlers. I wanted to set up a family of babbies and KILL THEM ALL!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 November 07, 00:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is perfect for my alternate Harry Potter 'verse in which Snape is still alive and super rich. Perhaps with fewer fireplaces though. Smiley
Yes, alternate, not parallel. That bothered me after I went to bed. What's your Snape like? Realistic looking? if so, share?

Nitpick: It's the Floo network. All chimneys have flues, but only wizards have Floos.
Ah thanks, I couldn't bring it to mind when posting. Flue felt wrong but...

Neat looking house.  The best way I found to deal with the fires is just give one of your sims the fireproof homestead lifetime reward.  This also lets you upgrade to, and enjoy, auto light or change colour without worrying about your house burning to the ground every other day.
Very handy hint, thanks.

Heh, so that's the way you play.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 November 07, 02:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Snape is more what I picture him to be in the books and not an Alan Rickman look alike. Big hooked nose, thin, sharp cheekbones. Not traditionally attractive, but I quite like him. I will upload him tonight or tomorrow.

Severus Snape as requested!
« Last Edit: 2012 November 07, 23:38:49 by jesslla » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 November 08, 06:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh cheers Jesslla. I saw him in your thread and I like him. Maybe just a little off the nose for me though. Tongue

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 November 08, 15:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm once again Disney-witch green with jealousy of your building and decoration skills. Am I the only one having trouble viewing the pictures though? They don't seem to "format"right in the post and a lot of them get cut off.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 November 08, 21:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because I put the pictures in a table. I noticed myself that there was no scroll bar at the bottom of the screen. I have a wide screen and when I maximise Firefox I can see the images. Obviously, not everyone can. If this is an issue, I am happy to change it and just leave the pictures one above the other, old style.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 November 08, 22:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried going full screen with Chrome and Firefox but had no luck with either of them. The post does get bigger but the images are still cut off as if they don't fit in the post itself. I remember that your other pictures do have a scroll bar at the bottom. It's as though for some reason or other this particular one seems to be different. At least from my end.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 November 08, 22:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Virgali, try right-clicking each image and "View in New Tab."  That way you can see them all and witch won't have to reformat her post.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 November 08, 23:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using Firefox and I get a scroll bar at the bottom of witch's post.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 November 08, 23:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using Chrome and I don't need a scrollbar to see all the pics. I HAS A SMUG.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: