More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:54:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAS crash with 1.42
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAS crash with 1.42  (Read 5611 times)
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
CAS crash with 1.42
« on: 2012 November 05, 13:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddball glitch, and I've done everything I can think of, but still no dice.

I can load the game just fine, and the Supernatural splash, the intro vid, all that are fine. I can choose and load a neighborhood. I can go into CAS and build whatever Sim I want... until I get to the personality. I click 'Add traits" and the game crashes. Every time. It doesn't even load the selector. I also can't change traits with EditSim. I still get the same "The Sims 3 has stopped working".

Also when I try to play a premade, I get stuck at the map view with no controls and no way to zoom in. If I go through the first step of the tutorial (the 'find your Sim!' bit), it seems to override this glitch and I can get into the house.

I've stripped out all my CC. Deleted my caches. Re-installed all twenty-thousand discs. (Exact same error afterward and it REALLY pissed me off.) Googled, MATY searched, MTS searched, and even tried to stick my nose in the BBS (failed).

Anybody have any ideas?

EDIT: Well I thought I could use the tutorial. It apparently doesn't work anymore.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 05, 14:04:35 by Edana ni Emer » Logged
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
Re: CAS crash with 1.42
« Reply #1 on: 2012 November 05, 16:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The test AM has been updated to address the CAS crashing.
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 November 05, 17:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it doesn't crash now, which is good. I can choose traits, but Lifetime Wish is borked to a fare-thee-well. I get gray hearts instead of the gold emblems, and if I click any of the slots where the choices should be I get a blank list. I can make a teenager, but I still can't move anybody into a house or lot without getting the map view with no controls. It's a step in the right direction at least! Is this an official Awesome issue, or just an EA issue that Pescado has chosen to leap upon with weapons brandished?
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 November 06, 00:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was my problem exactly! I will re download awesomemod
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 November 12, 06:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an official Awesome issue, or just an EA issue that Pescado has chosen to leap upon with weapons brandished?
Given that I'm really swamped these days and basically just slapped it together and put it up based on the fact that it booted without crashing (EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD), it's probably some patching-related issue if you can reproduce it. I will look for this.

Update: The issue you describe cannot be reproduced under the conditions described in the present release version.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 12, 07:05:19 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 November 18, 18:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it only happens to me ... I see but that is a general thing... no wish life .... no new sims ... stacked on map ... Shocked

The words are the soul image
blackgryffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 November 18, 19:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here  Roll Eyes I had to uninstall/re-install at least 4 times before ending this bug and I still don't know what occurred this bug ( except a patch problem itself )

Of course, I patched upon an original TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll ... and without any .packages and any NRaas mods I usually use.

Now, I have a new problem : the game crashes A LOT and always the same error : "Unhanded page fault on write access to 0xcdd281b0 (example) at address 0x00e09503 (example). Do you wish to debug it ?"

Still searching and trying some experiments  Undecided

zen ...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: