More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:44:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod for 1.42/Seasons?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod for 1.42/Seasons?  (Read 43440 times)
DJ.
Asinine Airhead

I never make mistaeks

View Profile
AwesomeMod for 1.42/Seasons?
« on: 2012 November 02, 17:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome said it expired, so I went to update the game to 1.42, but when I install the newest version of Awesome, the game says that I have an unofficial modification in my game.

And during the loading screen, it also says, "OMG GUUUURL WARNING ITS A NON CRITICAL CORE MISMATCHCHCHCHCH" and offers me to ignore or quit.

Just so I know, will I mess up my save if I load and save it while encountering the message? And can I even run an Awesomesave without AwesomeMod installed?

I know I sound too damn serious. Well, fuck it.

"I don't always smile, but when I do, I don't." -Kristen Stewart
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod for 1.42/Seasons?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 November 02, 18:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AM has not yet been updated for the newest patch just yet, though it sounds like it will be very soon.  In the meantime, attempting to play your game with the unupdated AM is not advisable, even if it works.  Your best options currently are to play without the AM, or wait for the AM to be updated before playing.  In the future I advise to checking to make sure that the AM has been updated before patching so that you don't get yourself in this situation again.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 November 02, 19:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why we tell people to LURK MOAR, incidentally.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 November 03, 01:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was waiting for this thread.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 November 03, 04:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To do what?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2012 November 03, 07:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To do what?

To exist, I expect. There's a moron posting one every patch/ep/sp.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
DJ.
Asinine Airhead

I never make mistaeks

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 November 03, 09:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, thanks for answers.

Guess I was a smart one this time - even though I started playing my save w/o AM, I made a backup. Hah.

Avalikia, but I was forced to update my game, because when I started playing the game a message said "OMG AM EXPIRED :0 !"

Pescado, why do you make AM expirable? I see no purpose for that, especially if something comes to my mind and I decide to skip the patch.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 November 03, 12:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avalikia, but I was forced to update my game, because when I started playing the game a message said "OMG AM EXPIRED :0 !"
Just because Awesome was expired didn't mean you had to patch the game.
Pescado, why do you make AM expirable?
He makes it expire so that numbnuts like you will have to update it to the latest version.
I see no purpose for that, especially if something comes to my mind and I decide to skip the patch.
We've already proved you don't know the difference between Awesome and the patch so don't go trying to pretend you know now.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 November 03, 13:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, why do you make AM expirable? I see no purpose for that, especially if something comes to my mind and I decide to skip the patch.

Because sometimes idiots skip a patch.

Also, because AM is constantly being modified, and if people aren't forced to update ever so often, they spam the AM thread with complaints about shit that was fixed yonks ago, because people are stupid and lazy and don't lurk or search and this is why we can't have nice things.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
DJ.
Asinine Airhead

I never make mistaeks

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 November 03, 19:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey. It takes me enough to realize "all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs". Wink

It was ALL OKAY until you, Madame Mim,

the difference between Awesome and the patch

So is it that AM has versions and game has versions, but those versions aren't the same thing.
And that when AM updates, it fixes some errors in AM.
And when AM expires, the next version I'll download will be compatible with a level-up version of game.
But aren't I forced to update the game, because AM is now 'compatible with version 1.39'?

I'm having a brain fart moment, okay. Just can't figure the thing myself. Does someone here have some minutes of life to waste and write a couple of words to explain the thing to me?...

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 November 03, 20:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm feeling helpful today, so here goes.

AM is a file designed to modify the behaviour of the game (and it's expansions) known as 'The Sims 3'. If alters the behaviour of the game either to 'fix' a perceived error or to add a functionality that was not previously available (you should already know this, or why did you download it in the first place).

As errors are discovered or desirable features decided on, Pescado updates his file and releases it to us in testing or release versions. The one you can see in the Awesome Mod Forum is the release version. EA does a similar set of updates to the game based on their own criteria as to what is an error and/or desirable.

AM expires so that you are forced to update it, and not come around complaining about things that are already fixed and implemented. The game is patched (or not) on EA's schedule. It is important that, when EA releases a new patch or Expansion Pack, you make sure that you can access an AM that is compatible with your game or cease using it until such equality is re-established. EA does not take AM into consideration when it updates (or, indeed, any game mods) so conflicts arise.

Now, take your new found knowledge and ponder and treasure it.

DJ.
Asinine Airhead

I never make mistaeks

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 November 03, 22:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was very nice of you, thank you for explaining. Smiley It actually did make a lot of stuff clear to me now. Off I go to show off now. Grin

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 November 04, 09:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest AM version for 1.39 would have expired mid-november, actually. There was no need to patch to 1.42 yet. Always check for updates, not just when a new patch is released. Unlike EA, the FOJ maintains his mods.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

DJ.
Asinine Airhead

I never make mistaeks

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 November 04, 11:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest AM version for 1.39 would have expired mid-november, actually.

WUT!?

I always have problems with the Launcher. Sometimes it comes to me that I should throw my new laptop against a wall. (The problem is, when downloading incremental patches; the process always fails. So therefore I need to download the Superpatcher. The Superpatcher for 1.39 is around 1GB, and it fixes ONE TINY FREAKING BUG that could be prevented by downloading "No Zombies" mod. Oh, and EA mentioned, "Too bad you'll have to scrap ALL of your saves that have the problem." (The patch has been released around 2 weeks after the 1.38 patch, so therefore if someone plays the game superfast, they could've reached 4th generation of their family. Fuck you EA. Thank you Pescado, Twallan and other wonderful people.))

Bottom line, I skipped the patch because a) didn't have the problem in the first place; b) didn't want to throw away 1GB for literally nothing. (Turned out it's AM I'm throwing away.)

Another thing, I couldn't wait for the SSN patch because it brings swimming in the ocean, blueprints, diving board, bald haircuts and eyebrows... without even installing Seasons itself. (Actually, it wouldn't surprise me that EA put weather in the patch. They put so much in the patch.) Cheesy

So is it really true? Shocked That AM for 1.42 could come out mid-november?

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 November 04, 12:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest AM version for 1.39 would have expired mid-november, actually.

WUT!?

I always have problems with the Launcher. Sometimes it comes to me that I should throw my new laptop against a wall. (The problem is, when downloading incremental patches; the process always fails. So therefore I need to download the Superpatcher. The Superpatcher for 1.39 is around 1GB, and it fixes ONE TINY FREAKING BUG that could be prevented by downloading "No Zombies" mod. Oh, and EA mentioned, "Too bad you'll have to scrap ALL of your saves that have the problem." (The patch has been released around 2 weeks after the 1.38 patch, so therefore if someone plays the game superfast, they could've reached 4th generation of their family. Fuck you EA. Thank you Pescado, Twallan and other wonderful people.))

Bottom line, I skipped the patch because a) didn't have the problem in the first place; b) didn't want to throw away 1GB for literally nothing. (Turned out it's AM I'm throwing away.)

Another thing, I couldn't wait for the SSN patch because it brings swimming in the ocean, blueprints, diving board, bald haircuts and eyebrows... without even installing Seasons itself. (Actually, it wouldn't surprise me that EA put weather in the patch. They put so much in the patch.) Cheesy

Don't use the launcher to patch.  Use the patch downloader available at MTS.

AM will come out when it's ready.  Pescado has a good track record for getting new versions of AM out quickly following patches & EPs, but sometimes it can take a little longer depending on what EA have screwed up.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
hestia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 November 04, 21:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome said it expired, so I went to update the game to 1.42, but when I install the newest version of Awesome, the game says that I have an unofficial modification in my game.

And during the loading screen, it also says, "OMG GUUUURL WARNING ITS A NON CRITICAL CORE MISMATCHCHCHCHCH" and offers me to ignore or quit.

Just so I know, will I mess up my save if I load and save it while encountering the message? And can I even run an Awesomesave without AwesomeMod installed?

I know I sound too damn serious. Well, fuck it.
I didn't notice anything funky in my save game, but playing with 1.42 with the non-1.42-Awesome was too buggy to actually play.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 November 04, 21:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice anything funky in my save game, but playing with 1.42 with the non-1.42-Awesome was too buggy to actually play.

You signed up to tell us that two things not designed to work together, didn't work together? Brava, obvious cat.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 November 04, 22:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WUT!?

[...]

AM will be out when it's out. Pescado is usually pretty on top of things, but at the end of the day, he's still doing this for free. So just suck it up and read a book or something until it's ready.

I sing along with elevator music.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 November 04, 23:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moral of this story is:  Don't patch until you know that AM has been updated.   Roll Eyes
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 November 05, 10:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not exactly what I meant Wink. I just wanted to say that, if your AM is expired, there's usually a new version available. This doesn't necessarily mean that this new version is compatible with a new TS3 patch. Anyway - a 1.42 version is in testing already, so there's hope.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2012 November 05, 17:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a lot more to affect SP-type mods in this patch than usual.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
peabuddie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 November 18, 19:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I re-register here every few years (having always forgotten my user name and password) for two reasons.
1. to get a good laugh
2. to get the latest greatest awesome mod.

In that order.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 November 18, 19:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I re-register here every few years (having always forgotten my user name and password) for two reasons.
1. to get a good laugh

In that order.

Well, thank the sweet Jesus you came in to tell us that.  Hold on whilst I record it in my "Precious Memories" scrapbook.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 November 19, 13:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. to get a good laugh

In that order.

Well, thank the sweet Jesus you came in to tell us that.  Hold on whilst I record it in my "Precious Memories" scrapbook.

And then share it to the Sims Online. Right?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
saffronmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 November 25, 19:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moral of this story is:  Don't patch until you know that AM has been updated.   Roll Eyes

Im new to TS3, I have all the eps including Seasons, is it ok to run Awesome mod with Seasons given that its very new? Or is it being updated for Seasons?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: