More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:14:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Do I have to put the download in all the expansion folders?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do I have to put the download in all the expansion folders?  (Read 14386 times)
AzureKitsune
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Do I have to put the download in all the expansion folders?
« on: 2012 December 20, 11:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just the most recent one? Or none at all?

I've tried googling it, but I'm not finding much outside of some explanation to put it in both the Sims main file AND in the World Adventures files. But what about the other expansions?

All I truly know is that I've downloaded the framework and shoved it into my EA folder the way I was told to do it, and I used the AM configuration page to set my own settings, and I put that into my packages folder with my other mods, but it isn't working at all... It's not crashing the game or coming up with an odd error.. It's just simply not working.

I feel stupid. Feel free to berate me.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Do I have to put the download in all the expansion folders?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 December 20, 11:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, thankyou, I can't be bothered.

I'm depressed because the Ro-Ho was right. I'm sure we used to get a better brand of idiot around here.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 December 20, 16:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Standards are dropping everywhere. 

To the OP, there are parts of the framework that have to be loaded into each EP directory you have.  There is a thread on this in the AM section with a "how to", in addition to the directions that are provided when you download the framework itself.  Read the directions again.  I do not have the problems you are describing in my game, so the problem is not with the framework.

Tribulatio proxima est
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 December 20, 16:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are fully patched only the base game needs the framework. That's I have it for Awesomemod, and it works just fine.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 December 20, 16:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the OP, there are parts of the framework that have to be loaded into each EP directory you have.

This was once true, but I don't believe it is any longer.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 December 20, 16:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the OP, there are parts of the framework that have to be loaded into each EP directory you have.

On the other hand, doing it seems to work, and does not seem to hurt.  In any case, that point is academic, since AM works in our games and not in the OP's game.  Therefore, the problem is with either a) the OP's installation of the game; or b) the OP's ability to follow directions on how to install files.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 December 20, 17:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, doing it seems to work, and does not seem to hurt.  In any case, that point is academic, since AM works in our games and not in the OP's game.  Therefore, the problem is with either a) the OP's installation of the game; or b) the OP's ability to follow directions on how to install files.

My money's on 'b'.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 December 20, 18:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the OP only installed the config file and not the AM file.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 December 20, 18:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The old method, which Pescado still uses and obviously Jolrei does too, requires a .dll in each game/bin. I find this method works and have never seen the need to change. The new method uses the Microsoftian garbage pit known as 'My Documents'.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 December 20, 19:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My money's on 'b'.

No, really?  What gave it away?

The old method, which Pescado still uses and obviously Jolrei does too, requires a .dll in each game/bin. I find this method works and have never seen the need to change. The new method uses the Microsoftian garbage pit known as 'My Documents'.

I hate "My Documents".

Tribulatio proxima est
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 December 21, 02:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, ever since the patching method changed to updating the base game only, using the old method on the base game folder is enough for mods to work, there's no need to "install" the framework on every EP/SP folder anymore.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 December 21, 03:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find I have to drop the .dll into every game/bin folder or the new expansion is not recognised for booting without a CD. It's little enough to do.

AzureKitsune
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 December 21, 06:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either is possible, if you knew my downloads well enough. It depends on a lot of different factors... Well, seeing as I also managed to some how fatally glitch my family... Still. I'll try putting it into all of the expansions.

I wonder if the OP only installed the config file and not the AM file.
I'm pretty sure I downloaded both... I have aweconf.package and framework.zip in my downloads... But, what the hell do I know?

No, thankyou, I can't be bothered.

I'm depressed because the Ro-Ho was right. I'm sure we used to get a better brand of idiot around here.
My apologies. I should have given my typical disclaimer.

If you are fully patched only the base game needs the framework. That's I have it for Awesomemod, and it works just fine.
While you've mentioned it.. I don't quite think I'm fully patched, though it hasn't complained to me in a while. All it ever does is whine that I'm not logged in, but... Technically, I can't log in.. Meh. I'll try updating it too. I usually don't, since I remember a time that an update completely destroyed most mods that people had downloaded.
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 December 21, 06:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find I have to drop the .dll into every game/bin folder or the new expansion is not recognised for booting without a CD. It's little enough to do.

Aha, that's good to know. I stand corrected.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded both... I have aweconf.package and framework.zip in my downloads... But, what the hell do I know?

aweconf.package is the tuning file for the mod. Go back to the DL thread and get the rest.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 December 21, 06:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will need to be fully patched to use AM, though.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 December 21, 06:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the instructions again, framework.zip is a file that needs to be unzipped. Then placed somewhere.

AzureKitsune
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 December 21, 11:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the instructions again, framework.zip is a file that needs to be unzipped. Then placed somewhere.
Oh. That much I know... The unzipped framework files are supposed to go in My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 file, right? I assumed, since the framework unzipped had a mods folder and whatnot in it.. so I sort of just put it there...

When I show config in game, it shows me 5 pages about AM, but the config I customized and put into my packages file isn't working... Or so it seems. I wonder what I did wrong this time.
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 December 21, 11:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. That much I know... The unzipped framework files are supposed to go in My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 file, right? I assumed, since the framework unzipped had a mods folder and whatnot in it.. so I sort of just put it there...

When I show config in game, it shows me 5 pages about AM, but the config I customized and put into my packages file isn't working... Or so it seems. I wonder what I did wrong this time.

Everything you said is wrong. Read the instructions again.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 December 21, 19:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading is too much for people these days, why don't you just go over to it's house and do it for him.

meh.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 December 22, 01:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading is too much for people these days, why don't you just go over to it's house and do it for him.

MIND YOUR APOSTROPHES, RED.  Angry

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 December 22, 03:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooops. Grin  I'm gonna blame not enough Redbull or sleep for that.

meh.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: