More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:37:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How to get decrapified store content to appear/replace items in a lot?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get decrapified store content to appear/replace items in a lot?  (Read 14888 times)
JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How to get decrapified store content to appear/replace items in a lot?
« on: 2012 November 12, 05:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a thread from 2011 (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=20299.0) that was explaining how a lot can be decrapified, but arrr'd store content will not appear properly if the author of the lot used non-decrapified store content.

Is there a way to have decrapified store content appear in the lot in places it should?

From the thread it appears to be no because the items are not recognized by the game so it finds nothing to replace. Is this correct?

« Last Edit: 2012 November 12, 15:52:23 by StarryEyedDreamer » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Store content in sims and world packs correctly decrapify but not lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 November 12, 06:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're asking the question the wrong way. There's absolutely nothing wrong with decrapifying lots or worlds or Sims. It all works, but you can't expect things that aren't decrapified to be the same as things that are. You also can't expect things that are installed via the launcher to behave exactly the same as things that are installed as a package. Please re-organise your thoughts (especially around that mangled title of yours) and try again.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How to get decrapified store content to appear in a lot?
« Reply #2 on: 2012 November 12, 15:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apologies, I edited my question and title.

I was thinking of a few questions at once and did not formulate my thoughts properly.

The only other question I have is if having installed store content that I bought will conflict with the same items from a set downloaded/decrapified here or would that be resolved by decrapifying my saves, user-presets, and library? This question is in the store questions thread I believe, but no one has seen/replied to it yet since the release of Waning Moon.

I realize, though, that this thread does not revolve around that question and it most likely will not be answered here; I will wait for a response to this in the other thread.

Again, my apologies for my ignorance. I have already put together a word document with instructions and explanations of the download process from various members--there were just a few questions that I did not find or interpret the answers for.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: How to get decrapified store content to appear/replace items in a lot?
« Reply #3 on: 2012 November 12, 17:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your store stuff is decrapped you must decrap the lot file for the correct items to be placed. Make sure you're using the latest decrapper tool. As for your other question, yes, the vanilla and decrapped versions are two different items, therefore you'll have doubles. If you've already got the arr'd ones, why on earth would you buy them?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 November 12, 18:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I acquired some of my store content legitimately (namely limited edition content and the like). Rather than having to remember what's decrapified and what's not, requiring a mixed bag of overrides and lots, I just arr'd and decrapified everything. My guess is that many others have done he same, as it's probably the easiest solution.
JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 November 12, 20:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had used the free simpoints that game with the first two games and was also gifted a simpoint card once.
I have one full set and the rest were just clothing/random items from various sets.
So I have two options?
Uninstall the legit items that I have purchased from the launcher and delete the .ebc (store content) file in the DCCache and those in the Downloads file?
If I don't do that I have to decrapify all the files within the Downloads folder/Saved Games/Userpresets/Library?

The desktop that actually has my Sims 3 games/folder is at home while I'm on campus; I'm using my school laptop, hence why I don't know all of my folder contents to easily explain.
I brought up the explanation of user folders from MTS (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained).
Which of these would I need to decrapify in addition to downloads from here?

I got a bit confused between your (kissing_toast) reply and the reply by bitterquill, sorry Embarrassed
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 November 12, 20:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What bitterquill is trying to say is that instead of having mixed(vanilla and decrapped) store stuff, just decrap everything. So what you can do now is just delete your dcbackup and dccache folders and start over from scratch.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 November 12, 22:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying and explaining.
Do my saved games/library folder still need decrapified since they would have been wearing/having store items in their house?
Or would they just be replaced with base game/EP related items since those are no longer installed and deleted?

The reason I asked was I remembered this tidbit I had saved in my word document:

"If you had un-decrapified (crapified) store stuff in your game (i.e .packages) before you switched to decrapified store stuff you will need to follow the bellow steps (A,B,C), as this fixes the missing object/clothes/hair problems you will get on saved lots, Sims and game saves and saved recolors.
A.To decrapify your saves and stuff, back up your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder, open The Compressorizer, click choose file types and click select all. MAKE SURE Recursive? IS CHECKED and add the following folders to your list from your Username\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder: Library, SavedSims, Saves. You will also have to decrapify your userPresets.package if you have saved recolors of store stuff.
B.Make sure the mode is on decrapify and click go, and wait until it is finished.
C.When done close the program, and your game saves and saved sims/lots will be decrapified

If you did not have any store stuff installed or are only installing new stuff you are done, finished."

I swear this is my last issue to be clarified--do not want to be a further pest.

P.S. did you make that Tim Curry Sim yourself or did you download him somewhere? I just saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show a week ago Smiley
« Last Edit: 2012 November 12, 22:46:22 by StarryEyedDreamer » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: