More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 05:54:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Pets display glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets display glitch  (Read 5163 times)
Pandaaaa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Pets display glitch
« on: 2012 October 23, 18:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

for some random reason, whenever I install the Pets EP I end up with weird graphic glitches - notice the missing texts and graphics: 1 2 3 4.

This is my 4th attempt trying to fix it, having started back when the EP was out - a lot of work put into googling for various key phrases and researching multiple forums with no results whatsoever. The only similar case I found was at the official forums, no replies there though.

I've tried combining various installation scenarios (base game + Pets only, clean install from scratch, ...), upgrading drivers, downgrading drivers, patching the game, unpatching the game, deleting the whole Sims 3 folder in Documents, downloading a different backup of the installation files (though the fairlight release passed a crc check)... nada. I even reinstalled my OS inbetween the attempts, no luck whatsoever. When I installed from the same installation sources on a different PC, the game runs without the glitches.

When all the other EPs/SPs (up to Supernatural) are installed and Pets is not, the issue is non-existent.

I'm currently blaming some undocumented compability issue inbetween my HW (AMD Phenom II X4 940, ATI Radeon HD 4850), OS (Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit) and the EP itself. Tbh. I haven't played the game since Pets came out 'cause the inability to create a panda-like-dog while all the others can kinda ruins all the fun for me Tongue

Any ideas?

Panda
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Pets display glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2012 October 23, 20:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are you installing it? If it's digital I suggest you re-download or find a different source. PEBCAK.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: