More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:16:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How do I keep townies from moving into the neighborhood?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do I keep townies from moving into the neighborhood?  (Read 2372 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
How do I keep townies from moving into the neighborhood?
« on: 2012 October 23, 04:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm back to simming after taking some time off. I was going to play my old custom neighborhood but I found that didn't have enough room for all the new community lots, so I am starting a new neighborhood. I want it to contain only my custom sims, no townies (I don't mind npc's.) I started a new neighborhood, did "destroyallhumans" and moved a family in. Instantly the game added several households of townies to my neighborhood. How do I stop this? I know that in my old neighborhood I had fixed it so no townies would appear, but I can't remember how I did this. Do I have to remove all houses except the ones with my sims in them? This is sort of a pain, since I'd like my sims to be able to move around on their own, but I sort of remember doing something like this before. I've searched this board and the awesome mod board and haven't found any advice. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok, after more research I think this was happening because I hadn't turned off EA story progression. I did say it had been a while since I played the game.  Smiley

Edit 2: I wanted to modify this because I have since learned some things -- Turning off EA story progression also turns off awesome mod's story progression, which was not my intent. To keep AM's story progression without townies I had to remove all the empty houses in the neighborhood and convert the lots to community lots. I tried using NRAAS's register to stop immigration but that didn't work.
« Last Edit: 2013 April 10, 21:45:36 by spambi » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: