More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:54:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Missing Base Game Items in buy mode catalog after patch 1.39
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Base Game Items in buy mode catalog after patch 1.39  (Read 10316 times)
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Missing Base Game Items in buy mode catalog after patch 1.39
« on: 2012 October 20, 01:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed after I patched the game today that some base game items are missing, not just from lots but also from the catalog itself.

Let me retrace the steps I took: I took my My Documents/The Sims 3 Folder and renamed it "The Sims 3 Old". Then booted the game and allowed the game to regenerate this folder. Then I patched using the super patch (since the launcher gave me an invalid file error) downloaded from this post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page. Then because I have warez versions of certain games, I used the games for the world Ultimate Fix Here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.
(Which Ive used for previous patches to solve the "Network Error Issue"). I redownloaded my mods such as NRAAS making sure all were up to date. I also decrapped my store stuff and reinstalled it via CC Magic. 

Everything seemed fine until I went to play a family of athletic sims. I got the "Missing Object" message upon opening the lot, but figured I had just forgot to reinstall some store stuff after the patch. But when I went to have my sim play a game of football the football was missing from the lot. I went to Buy Mode to buy a new one and the item is simply no longer in the catalog. I generated a brand new town and opened buy mode in the new town and its also not in the buy mode catalog!? It had once appeared in the catalog under Entertainment/ Sports, also could be found under Outdoor/Outdoor Entertainment. Now its not there at all. My new store stuff is though....so I have confirmed that its not a CC folder/subfolder problem..

I considered the possibility the football may have been a store item, or from an expansion...but I went browsing around on the internet and found that its a base game object according to Carls Sims 3 Guide. That was pretty shocking. So far this is the only item I can remember missing but Im sure there are more. Anyone having this issue? Anyone know what to do about it?

I searched a long time last night for specifically problems with the football object - no luck. Then for people experiencing problems seeing base-game objects in the buy mode catalog. This was the only post I could find, where someone couldn't see base game objects and its from July and its from the Sims 3 forum (ugh): http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/563400.page 

Any ideas? This is all under the assumption that the football is in fact base game -- Can anyone actually confirm for me? If its not, let me know its provenance (expansion/store set) so I can go trace it. If it is from the base game like i suspect, then i have no idea why this is happening.

My first inkling of a thought was I remember back using sims 2, sometimes custom objects could overwrite eachother if they didnt have unique GUIDs. The thought breifly crossed my mind that some of the decrapped store stuff overwrote something but then I considered the thought rediculous....right?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Missing Base Game Items in buy mode catalog after patch 1.39
« Reply #1 on: 2012 October 20, 03:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then because I have warez versions of certain games, I used the games for the world Ultimate Fix Here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.
(Which Ive used for previous patches to solve the "Network Error Issue").

There seems to be a glaring problem in your post: what is this thing, and what is it supposed to do? I followed your link, and the whole post is very vague and shady looking. It "fixes all your problems"? I'm not sure if this is a mod or a magical pill that prevents me from getting cancer.

Reinstall everything, patch and load up the game WITHOUT ANY THIRD PARTY MODS, and look for the football. I do have the football in my patched game, and yes, it's a base game object. Since more people haven't reported this problem, it probably stems from not knowing what you're putting in your own game.

I sing along with elevator music.
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 October 20, 04:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it probably stems from not knowing what you're putting in your own game.

I know what I am putting in the game not everyone is a fucktart you know.  Wink

what is this thing, and what is it supposed to do?

If you don't know thats different, let me enlighten you. You followed which link? There were a few different ones. The first one is for EA's Super Patcher which was released to assist people having problems using the launcher / origin to install patches. And those for whom the manual incremental patch also fails. For example, It bypasses the "Invalid File Found", when attempting to patch.

The second link - which is the one I think you are referring to, is Games for the World's Ultimate Fix. Games for the World is a distributor of torrent versions of the expansions and store stuff. What you see there is not a mod or a tool or a program but rather a "NO-CD" image the overwrites the game's image file (thats the bootable EXE file) and DLL and host files with cracked ones so that the launcher does not prompt you for a disc during start up. Because the EA patches constantly make changes to the image file (the bootable EXE) and each new patch comes with new security features that turn this prompt back on (so to speak) someone with a cracked game has to keep re-downloading the corresponding Ultimate Fix. from this site. :-) By the way this ultimate fix is also supposed to cure the "Network Error" problem and prevent that message from harassing you. Make sense? The post is so sketchy because...well its a crack!

Now... i have been using this method for the last 9 months or so, every expansion pack and it works for me. I havent had a problem till now. So I would think its the new patch. Seeing as the Super Fix is merely an image file that simply overwrites the need for a CD, and not a configuration or the game itself... I dont really know how it could be the problem.

The post i referenced from the Sims 3 Forum in which the girl reported missing a bunch of base games stoves makes me think its patch related too ----or something to do with a Twallan mod because she states she has that installed.

Now that we got that out of the way.......... Ill run the game vanilla tonight and report back.
« Last Edit: 2012 October 20, 04:25:48 by yesterdame » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 October 20, 07:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. . .

Games for the World is a distributor of torrent versions of the expansions and store stuff. What you see there is not a mod or a tool or a program but rather a "NO-CD" image the overwrites the game's image file (thats the bootable EXE file) and DLL and host files with cracked ones so that the launcher does not prompt you for a disc during start up.

Statements contradict - out of cheese error - redo from start.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 October 20, 12:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shockingly, using an outdated and unnecessary method of running your game will, in fact, screw it up. So no, I'm not sure you DO know what you're putting in your game, or you wouldn't be doing it to begin with.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 October 20, 13:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you see there is not a mod or a tool or a program but rather a "NO-CD" image the overwrites the game's image file (thats the bootable EXE file) and DLL and host files with cracked ones so that the launcher does not prompt you for a disc during start up. Because the EA patches constantly make changes to the image file (the bootable EXE) and each new patch comes with new security features that turn this prompt back on (so to speak) someone with a cracked game has to keep re-downloading the corresponding Ultimate Fix.

Your second statement isn't going to change anybody's mind about Team Fucktard.  Using cracks for Sims 3 is already a bad idea; letting cracks overwrite anything upgrades that idea to Colossally Dumb.  Mods to bypass the launcher and CD check are much easier and much less likely to make your game asplode.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 October 20, 16:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the fuck people use cracks for sims 3? A simple No-CD mod is sufficient.
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 October 20, 17:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

::slams head on desk::

Ok I get that there is another way to do it...but it doesnt make it the ONLY way. This way Ive explained is easiest, most efficient and most accomodating to what I'm trying to do with the game. I have obtained most of my games via Games4theWorld without issue - why would I not also use their fix. May I ask how any of you come by your games?

I have attempted using the No-CD mods before (both with and without Games4theWorld versions) they just dont work as well as this method. I get many many errors with it and not only that but my game used to crash to windows ALOT using the mod method to override the CD -- dont know why. With the method I use everything has been solid up till now crashing is mimimized greatly, and no error messages. I dont understand how it's outdated as a method seeing as its being updated constantly the last time being eartlier this month!? Also ITS MORE FUCKING EFFICIENT than what you propose because it eliminates several steps and precautions I would have to take if I were using the other method (i.e. Using mods to bypass the cd check). Maybe its not in-style in this little click but it has its benefits: firstly, it stops the invalid file error that prevents the game from taking an update in the first place...Secondly once the image file is in place It also stops the message about third party mods...(obv cause its not a mod) and lets the game boot preventing several other issues and glitches. Not only that but the game is way more stable using this method than any other that I have used. It crashes alot less and there are barely any conflicts.

Now every one of you has assumed the problem rose from the way I patched, and the fact that I use cracks but I have confirmed that the problem is not stemming from this. I ran the game vanilla this morning and the football is there. Then I Ran with just the Mods/Overrides folder (in which only essential mods such as Twalan mods and Camera/Lighting Mods). Everything is still fine and the football still shows up. Then added back all my CC Magic Sims3packs. The football is gone again. So Just as I originally speculated...the problem is from a decrapped store pack, it would seem. Since I ONLY have decrapped sims3store stuff downloaded from the thread on MATY. My only .package files are default skin by Newsea, Escands default eyes, some Twalan mods (which are all up to date for the 1.39 patch), and camera fixes. Thats it.
« Last Edit: 2012 October 20, 17:21:10 by yesterdame » Logged
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 October 20, 18:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to test groups of these store packs to narrow down which one causes the problem. I would assume none of you are willing to provide support to someone who does things differently.... should I even bother to report back after testing? lol.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 October 20, 19:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the game's image file (thats the bootable EXE file)

Yeaaaaah I'm gonna stop you right there.

For the record, there is a big difference between "we don't like you because you're different" and "we don't like you because you apparently have a festering pile of shit for brains and are too stubborn to acknowledge it, and instead choose to lecture us on why your stupid behavior is great".

Guess which one is going on here.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 October 20, 20:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why would you bother reporting back when the problem is clearly a PEBKAC and not something of interest to the general MATY population?

It may not be a problem with how you install your games, but your game installation routine is still fucked up all to hell. I use awesomemod's no-cd mod and never have problems patching, never have the third party message pop-up, or have the other problems that you apparently have. I wonder why that is? Oh, right, I'm not a fucking moron who doesn't crack her games.

Click is wrong. Clique is correct.

The alot is an imaginary animal. One that is better than you at everything. A lot is the correct way to pair those words.

Since, I bet you're one of those people who also use 'noone', I'm going to point out that noone is a person who has the first name of Peter. No one is the correct usage.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 October 21, 00:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This way Ive explained is easiest, most efficient and most accomodating to what I'm trying to do with the game.

For someone using the easiest and most efficient way of doing things, you're having an awful lot of problems.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 October 21, 20:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By all means, dismiss all of our suggestions and cling to your Needlessly Complicated Installation Method like grim death, but please refrain from double-posting.  It's untidy.  It also helps to not read like a supercilious twunt in posts where you're asking for help.  This is MATY; the right to be a supercilious twunt has to be earned.

Yes, we assume people are idiots until proven otherwise.  It saves us time in the long run.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: