More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:05:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Bleakburn Estate (A Victorian Gothic Manor/Residential Lot)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bleakburn Estate (A Victorian Gothic Manor/Residential Lot)  (Read 14368 times)
pyry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bleakburn Estate (A Victorian Gothic Manor/Residential Lot)
« on: 2012 September 29, 17:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleakburn Estate is a Gothic revival -styled Victorian mansion I built for my first Supernatural family. In the pictures it's located at Twinbrook but it should fit most neighbourhoods quite well.

Lot size: 40x40
Price: § 250 487

The house has three floors with four bedrooms and three bathrooms. There are enough beds for seven adults/kids and one baby/toddler (plus a crypt for a vampire). There is also basic equipment for both cats and dogs. The lot comes with Bonehilda.

Main floor: Entrance hall, kitchen, formal dining, living room, study, bathroom.
2nd floor: Hallway, master bedroom, nursery, children's bedroom, guest room, two bathrooms, laundry
3rd floor: Hallway, alchemy lab, guest room

At the yard there is a small pond, garden shed with basement (a crypt and a nectar cellar), space for vegetable garden, hot-tub, play ground and fire-pit.

I used a lot of store stuff (downloaded from here as .package files) and stuff from EA worlds (Riverview, Sunlit Tides, Barnacle Bay, Lucky Palms). Best to have it all, I would say!

Free CC required
Victorian Patterns by Robokitty at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349364
Chimneys by Armiel at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/d/432817

Pictures:

Download
sim.pack version: http://kirsi.lamantiini.com/Lots/Bleakburn Estate/Bleakburn Estate.rar
.package version: http://kirsi.lamantiini.com/Lots/Bleakburn Estate/House.rar

All comments and feedback are most welcome. I did playtest the lot with my current family for a few sim-weeks but it's always possible there are some "bugs".
« Last Edit: 2012 September 29, 20:24:25 by pyry » Logged
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Bleakburn Estate (A Victorian Gothic Manor/Residential Lot)
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 29, 18:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stunning! I love your use of color, decor, and space.

pyry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 29, 19:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  Smiley Forgot to mention, the silly looking car doesn't come with the lot - wouldn't really suit the theme.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 October 04, 15:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WAAAAH! I can't get this lot to work! I'm sure it's tight pants on my part, but it's still frustrating. This is a truly lovely house, and just perfect for one of my sims families.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
pyry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 October 04, 15:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Have you tried the .package version? It's meant to be placed in the library-folder. I know sometimes lots don't work if you have store stuff installed in some other way than the arred .package files I've used. Or it could be something else, it's the Sims 3, after all.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 October 04, 19:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took me about 4 goes to install it, had to be done on its own, then it took ages to render. It's fabulous, but if my super machine struggles, it's going to be a bitch to play. Also, one small staircase for all that house is going to be a pain. Pity, it's beautiful, one of the best examples I've seen.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 October 04, 19:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I tried the package version and the sims3pack version. I wondered if part of the problem was missing store stuff/missing 'hoods, so I'm downloading the hoods that I'm missing, but can't get them to install either. I'm about to start banging my head on my desk or something! I'm having so many problems with this game right now. Sad

The store stuff I have is Moyrie's merged packages, which are several months out of date by now.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 October 04, 21:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, your store stuff is WAY out of date. That might be part of the problem. There is so much on that lot - maybe your machine just chokes on replacing everything.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 October 04, 22:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've got a torrent downloading that has all the store stuff through last month, after that's done I'll try this house again. I'm really just whining, nothing I've done in the sims today has worked out for me and I'm still fighting a cold. Colds suck all my brains out of my head and make me incredibly stupid.

pyry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 October 05, 10:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have an effective computer plus I play with a small resolution (my screen is ancient) - maybe that's why the lot works fine with my computer.  Or at least I don't notice any special problems - besides the whole game being a big pile of problems...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: