More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 19:09:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Store content not showing in game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Store content not showing in game  (Read 12510 times)
CaeraBlue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Store content not showing in game
« on: 2012 September 17, 03:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

I've bought Sunlit Tides Gold and it's installed successfully (it says), but it's not showing up in game (along with a few other store items). I've been contacting EA (they're no use) and a bunch of other forums, but so far no one can find a solution that works for me. In here I found a post saying to try grabbing the .world file from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds and drop it in \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds. Only problem is I don't have the \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds folders anywhere.

Thanks for any help.
P.S. I'm on a Mac.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Store content not showing in game
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 17, 03:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi and welcome to MATY. It looks like you're new here so maybe you don't quite know your way around yet. Let me help you. Our "search" box is in the upper left-hand corner. Now please fucking use it.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
CaeraBlue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 17, 04:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And a warm hello to you,

Thanks for that tip! You're right, is a wonderful tool, I used it to find the solution I posted about.
The only reason I started a new post was because when I clicked reply I was presented with a warning saying that that thread hasn't been used in over 30 days and that I should consider starting a new post (advise I clearly chose to take).
My question here is not about my overall problem, but in regards to that particular solution I found and why it doesn't seem to apply to my computer.
Did you have any useful information about my problem?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 17, 04:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you have any useful information about my problem?

Yes, I do. First, you are not on a computer, you are on a Mac. Macs are fucking retarded when it comes to gaming. Secondly, you don't have that folder because (wait for it) you don't have any installed worlds and if you do your Mac is probably hiding or keeping that directory from you because it's a Mac and doesn't want you, the user, to have access to your own files. Now go search for your main issue and try again; that's not the thread you are looking for.

akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 September 17, 05:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I do. First, you are not on a computer, you are on a Mac. Macs are fucking retarded when it comes to gaming. Secondly, you don't have that folder because (wait for it) you don't have any installed worlds and if you do your Mac is probably hiding or keeping that directory from you because it's a Mac and doesn't want you, the user, to have access to your own files. Now go search for your main issue and try again; that's not the thread you are looking for.

It said it didn't have the gamedata\etc. folders, not the installedworlds folder. It's wrong, but that's besides the point.

CaeraBlue, KT is right about Macs hiding the directory from you. I'll leave you to search for where it hides its application data folders.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 September 17, 05:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It said it didn't have the gamedata\etc. folders, not the installedworlds folder. It's wrong, but that's besides the point.

CaeraBlue, KT is right about Macs hiding the directory from you. I'll leave you to search for where it hides its application data folders.

I never said the installed worlds folder jack ass. I know what I mean. Installed worlds as in installed store worlds, which go into the folder it said it doesn't have. 

Michele
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 September 17, 15:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a PC under Win 7 store worlds and custom worlds install in this location: "C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds"
It is a subfolder of your userdata for Sims 3, as opposed to where the game materials are installed.
Look for a similar path would be my bet.
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 September 19, 02:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never said the installed worlds folder jack ass. I know what I mean. Installed worlds as in installed store worlds, which go into the folder it said it doesn't have. 

Installed worlds, regardless of whether they are from the store or not, go into the ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds folder, like Michele said. They are not placed in the game data files, but rather the documents folders, like the rest of things installed via the launcher.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 September 19, 02:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apologies, got mixed up there, you are correct. Then I just stand by my MacTard theory.

*Goes and puts foot in mouth*

CaeraBlue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 September 20, 00:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went and used Terminal to make all my files/folders visible... and I still don't have the \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds folders anywhere. Does anyone know why this might be?

Installed worlds, regardless of whether they are from the store or not, go into the ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds folder, like Michele said. They are not placed in the game data files, but rather the documents folders, like the rest of things installed via the launcher.

Or am I not supposed to be trying to put them in there at all anyway?

Macs are fucking retarded when it comes to gaming.

I know. Bought one anyway. Can't complain about my own choices.
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 September 20, 02:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what your problem is (most likely PEBCAK), but I'll give you a hint as to where those folders are. They're in the application. At least, last I checked that's what MACs do.
CaeraBlue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 September 20, 04:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what your problem is (most likely PEBCAK), but I'll give you a hint as to where those folders are. They're in the application. At least, last I checked that's what MACs do.

You're right, they are supposed to be there. But they aren't there. Hence why I'm asking/confused.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 September 20, 13:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hence why? Really? There's no excuse for that one.

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 September 20, 22:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting the .world file in \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds does work, and is needed, if you have a Custom world installed and for some reason it isn't showing in your available worlds list in game. This also works with EA World files, but the strings are all fucked up in game so all the lots and people have long ass names. The thing is, you have to take the world file from the InstalledWorlds folder, which apparently you do not have, and if you do not have it, then your world probably didn't install at all. Delete the contents of DCbackup. Remove the files in DCCache.Try to install the world. Do files show up in those folders?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
CaeraBlue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 September 21, 12:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting the .world file in \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds does work, and is needed, if you have a Custom world installed and for some reason it isn't showing in your available worlds list in game. This also works with EA World files, but the strings are all fucked up in game so all the lots and people have long ass names. The thing is, you have to take the world file from the InstalledWorlds folder, which apparently you do not have, and if you do not have it, then your world probably didn't install at all. Delete the contents of DCbackup. Remove the files in DCCache.Try to install the world. Do files show up in those folders?

Thanks for the reply.
I do have the InstalledWorlds folder (and the world does appear in here), it's the GameData folder I don't have. Other items from the package installed and appear in game, it's only the world/town itself that isn't showing up. I've already tried deleting the stuff in DCBackup and DCCache and reinstalling it, no luck.
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 September 21, 13:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. Ctrl+Click the application, choose Explore. That should help you out.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 September 21, 14:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tired using your OS's search box? Ugh, why are we still helping this Mactard?

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 September 21, 21:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not supposed to play with your food people! We eat tards for breakfast here. 

meh.
CaeraBlue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 September 22, 00:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tired using your OS's search box?
Ugh. Ctrl+Click the application, choose Explore. That should help you out.

I didn't post before trying all these options.

Ugh, why are we still helping this Mactard?

Also, you haven't actually helped. None of you have a solution that works, and only one suggestion has been something I haven't already tried before posting.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 22, 00:18:32 by CaeraBlue » Logged
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 September 22, 02:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MAC enough said.

meh.
Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 September 22, 09:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the decrapified Sims 3 pack method won't work for you, why don't you try to use the package way of adding them? Seems simple enough to try the various methods offered on adding the store items until you find the one which works for you and adds all the stuff to your game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: