More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:59:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  My game is so damn slow
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My game is so damn slow  (Read 8672 times)
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
My game is so damn slow
« on: 2012 September 12, 10:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what to do to speed up the game? I have a lot of custom content,  awesomemod plus Nraas, graphic settings on medium. I've deleted cache files, screenshots, downloaded Game Booster, turned off the net but its still as slow as peak hour traffic! What do I do?
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: My game is so damn slow
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 12, 13:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing is to merge your stuff. Use CC magic for non store stuff, install store stuff in the launcher or extract the packages & merge it yourself. If you don't merge or CC magic your CC you should forget about CC. Broken/obsolete CC will make your computer crawl like shit. If it's not merge-able it's broken and toss it away. Check old CC for broken textures with the dashboard.
Second thing is that mods can slow you down a lot, Awesomemod for example is a big resource hog even if you don't use it's SP. Twallan's SP will also lag you but you can slow it down in the options to limit the problem. Weed out your mods by weighting benefits vs resources taken. You should also merge your mods in their own package if you have a ton of mods.
Third is the boring obvious stuff: clean up the running processes in the background, your system, your registry and your hard drives, don't rely on a program to do it for you, don't use the launcher and use 3booter instead, etc.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 12, 16:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't merge mods.  It makes them, at best, unwieldy to update, because you have to throw out the merged file, replace the updated mod, and re-merge.  Every single time.  And some modders can update several times in a month.

If you have so many mods and hacks in your game that the sheer number is dragging down performance, you need to prune your mods folder anyway.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 12, 17:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked to see what background programs you're running while playing? That can sometimes affect the speed at which the games plays.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 September 12, 17:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You never mention your PC specs, that has a lot to do with it as well.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 September 12, 19:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're organized like me it takes 30 seconds to redo your mods merge, 30 secs even every couple of days is more than acceptable. Hell, with all the no/less autonomous this and that you quickly end up with a ton of tiny mods. Tongue
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 September 13, 02:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what takes even less time?  Leaving them the hell alone.  There's no point in merging mods.  You shouldn't have enough of them in your game to cause bloated file loading in the first place.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 September 13, 12:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay PC Specs from "Can I run this?"

And what type of packages do you recommend I remove?
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 September 13, 20:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-snip-
And what type of packages do you recommend I remove?
Do you really need somebody to hold your hand through pruning your mods? Get rid of what you don't use first, and what you don't need, and then what you use very little, etc.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 September 14, 12:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look up the mods where you originally got them and see if they've been updated for 1.38.  If they haven't been updated or verified to work with 1.38, delete.  If you can't remember where you got the mod, delete.  No mod is completely irreplaceable.  A game that doesn't lag and play in fits and starts > annoying unmodded behavior.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2012 September 18, 10:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your video card isn't great. Is it a laptop?

youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 September 18, 12:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Dell N5110
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 September 18, 17:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there's your problem.  Laptops aren't meant for gaming.  You can't easily upgrade the components you need to, and laptops have a serious problem with overheating when you push them, and even a moderately resource-needy game can push them.

youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 September 19, 08:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that makes a load of sense! I have deleted some scripts and things have been loading faster. Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: