More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 15:05:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Bonehilda
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bonehilda  (Read 56093 times)
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bonehilda
« on: 2012 September 14, 01:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WCIF Information on the Broomhilda Bonehilda files? If an edit is made to how the maid works, would that change her actions as well, or does she have her own set of things that she will and won't do?
« Last Edit: 2012 September 17, 05:36:28 by akmpe » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Bonehilda
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 14, 02:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Broomhilda - anybody know any mod to make her harvest the garden?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 14, 08:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Broomhilda - anybody know any mod to make her harvest the garden?

That's basically what I'm looking to make her do. That, and a few other things.

Hey, at least she waters the plants, even if she doesn't do anything else to them.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 14, 12:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, good.  I had a similar mod that hasn't been updated for 1.38 and stopped working.  Now if I can just get an update for the "No auto cats playing in bathtub" so they'll stop falling off the map when I use a cc bathtub, I'll be a happy camper.
http://www.4shared.com/archive/Zm_9PGuU/NoAutoCatPlayTub.html?refurl=d1url
Try that. I just adjusted the settings for DisallowAutonomous in CatPlayInBathtub_Bathtub. I can set it so that it's not User directed as well.

Baaaaaaaa.  Exactly what I needed.  As soon as some Bonehilda tweaks come out, my game will be where I want it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 September 14, 16:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, at least she waters the plants, even if she doesn't do anything else to them.
That's odd, mine never watered the plants. I even had dried plants for several days and she never approached them. Hmm must be she doesn't have any spare time after playing hopscotch for hours and making drinks she's unable to drink.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 September 14, 17:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Bonehilda spent her first night setting out Quick Meals over and over and over until all the surfaces were taken because it was getting close to breakfast time and my Sims were going to be hungry.  Then she spent the entire day teaching the dog tricks to the exclusion of everything else, queue-stomping the dog's desperate attempts to eat and use the chew toy because its needs were sliding into the red.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 September 14, 19:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Bonehilda spent her first night setting out Quick Meals over and over and over until all the surfaces were taken because it was getting close to breakfast time and my Sims were going to be hungry.  Then she spent the entire day teaching the dog tricks to the exclusion of everything else, queue-stomping the dog's desperate attempts to eat and use the chew toy because its needs were sliding into the red.

Is this an unmodded Bonehilda? Mine never ever cooks. She does clean and repairs everything right away though.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 September 14, 20:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked in her XML file and apparently she will roam at min 3 units, and at max 10, then it has a little note about anything above 10 seeming to cause issue and her only moving through one room(one door) to find work. So it seems to all depend on where you place her coffin.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 September 14, 20:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an unmodded Bonehilda? Mine never ever cooks. She does clean and repairs everything right away though.
Mine doesn't cook either but I'll bet it's because I always have enough plates of leftovers to feed all the sims dwelling on my lot. I currently have 4 sims and one of them is in the culinary career so the fridge is always full.

Thanks for the infos on her XML morriganrant, her coffin is on the third floor that could explain why she ignores the dried plants in the garden. I'll try putting her coffin in the garden instead.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 14, 22:03:32 by Painkiller » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 September 14, 20:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the coffin in the vamp vault under the garage, she did not go to the house at all. She should really be responsible for the whole lot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 September 14, 20:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is an altered Bonehilda XML, I have no clue as to the scope of the "10" in the distance field so I set it to twenty. I don't have time right now to test so leave any comments about it. It says in the XML that anything higher than 10 might cause problems, I can't think of anything that would happen from her traveling to far for work. There is a separate Bonehilda XML that tells her to teleport back to the coffin if she can't find it after three attempts so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure this might help while someone more experienced gets out a better Bonehilda mod. When I get the chance I'm going to compare her XML to the real maids, maybe combine them?

* bonehildaXML.zip (0.94 KB - downloaded 611 times.)

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 September 15, 02:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My unmodded (as far as I can tell, though I've modded my maids) Bonehilda is in the front room on the bottom floor (on the foundation), right next to the kitchen. She has never cooked for anyone but herself (why she doesn't have static motives I don't understand), she'll clean most everything (though I think she hasn't picked up some plasma juice boxes in the kitchen, so maybe she just doesn't like the kitchen), and she'll go outside and water as many plants as she can find. She even went all the way up to the third floor to water the potted plants. Apparently, if you have the rock piles on your home lot (the ones from WA that your sims can take a pickaxe to), she will take the time to remove them for you.

I don't really understand her at all.

By 'min 3' does that mean she doesn't do anything in any room less than three rooms/doors from her? That would explain her ignoring my kitchen.

I'll test your mod out, KT.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 September 15, 03:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Bonehilda doesn't cook, but sets out bowls of cereal and cans of juice all over the damn place, but only if someone is almost to yellow in Hunger.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 September 15, 10:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is an altered Bonehilda XML, I have no clue as to the scope of the "10" in the distance field so I set it to twenty. I don't have time right now to test so leave any comments about it. It says in the XML that anything higher than 10 might cause problems, I can't think of anything that would happen from her traveling to far for work. There is a separate Bonehilda XML that tells her to teleport back to the coffin if she can't find it after three attempts so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure this might help while someone more experienced gets out a better Bonehilda mod. When I get the chance I'm going to compare her XML to the real maids, maybe combine them?

Baaaa KT. My Bonehilda coffin is placed outside the house. My sims live in a two story house without a basement and she cleans and repairs everything immediately. She's especially useful since my sim don't shoo her away when they use the bathroom and toilet when she's in the same room. It doesn't matter how hungry my sims are, she never cooks nor put out plates of food for them. The family doesn't have any pets nor babies and toddlers so I haven't experienced the cuddle and train to death annoyances.

If you'd be so kind or anybody else willing to do it for that matter, here's how I think she ought to be tweaked.
1. Let her keep on taking care of the pets and little ones but tone it down as not to love 'em to death
2. She waters the plants only when they actually need watering
3. She cooks only when the sim's hunger bar is really low
4. She doesn't cook if there are leftovers in the fridge
5. She cleans the fishing tanks and feeds the fish
6. She cleans terrariums and bird cages and feeds the pets
7. She does the laundry

I don't have any laundry items in the household so I'm going by complaints posted over at MTS. In many, many ways Bonehilda is a lot more useful than the butler and she takes less space. I think with a few tweaks she'll be the perfect housekeeper. So far, I'm very pleased with her myself. Personally I don't need her to water my plants since I always install sprinklers for my gardeners.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 September 15, 11:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine does laundry.

Oh, and baaaa to Inge for the apple link, thanks.
« Last Edit: 2012 October 19, 22:01:15 by Madame Mim » Logged

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 September 15, 20:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By 'min 3' does that mean she doesn't do anything in any room less than three rooms/doors from her? That would explain her ignoring my kitchen.

No definitely not min 3 doors. I think they mean three units, like three squares.

Mine does laundry, and cleans the terrariums.

Edit: Just realized I haven't seen her actually use the machines, just collect the clothes and put them in the hamper, though there are a few rooms she won't collect from. I haven't seen mine cook either, though she's one room from there, she mostly spends her time warming her boney butt at the fireplace and of course pampering the cat.

Perhaps Witch should move this into it's own Bonehilda topic?
« Last Edit: 2012 September 15, 23:16:03 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Starwind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 September 15, 21:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game Bonehilda will not garden at all, tries to kills my dog through training to death, will not do laundry. The good things (or not so bad): She only puts out quick meals just before and just after the brats have school, does some minor maintenence (fixes stuffed toilets), and generally picks up the entire house, and the game considers her nanny enough that the adult sims can leave the toddlers alone in the house with her. Her casket is buried in the basement next to the laundry machines.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 September 15, 22:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I tested the laundry thing with another household and she won't do the laundry. She also still doesn't "cook".

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2012 September 16, 21:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Bonehilda waters the indoor plant pots, cleans the kitchen and tidies up. She also goes into the Dark_Trepie's lair and rocks out on the dj booth.

I have no pets or babies, so I haven't seen the "love to death" interactions.

ihartsnape
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 September 16, 23:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought my Bonehilda was doing laundry when I saw her collecting clothes left on the lot by my skinny dipping sims. Apparently she was just playing a prank on them, though, because I got a message once my sims got out of the hot tub about it.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 September 17, 20:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That photo of Bonehilda in the DJ booth is amazingly funny.   Grin

I'm glad that there is a topic here about Bonehilda.  I was starting to think she was pretty amazing, but then she started waking the toddler up to tickle him...  and the snuggle to infinity thing is a little weird.  Then she kept getting out orange juice containers and cereal bowls and bread and jam, only to put them away so that my sims would eat them as leftovers from the fridge.  She has never cooked, although I did catch her scarfing down a frozen dinner at the table one day.  Perhaps she has too much 'nanny' coding and, just like the TS2 old nannies, would attempt to cook only to leave it on the counter to spoil.  I, honestly, don't want an NPC to cook for my sims.  I cannot use a butler for that reason, as I normally run vampires or the like...  the butlers simply spend money left and right to try to feed people who don't eat.  My Bonehilda waters the plants, except for the ones I put behind a locked gate to keep the darn zombies from eating them.  I haven't run a home with laundry yet.  I have her coffin in the detached garage and she cleans the entire three story home and, aside from her harassing the babies / toddlers, she seems pretty helpful. 

Perhaps if someone could completely remove any instance of hunger from her code so she stops trying to eat and fix the snuggle / train to infinity issue, she'd be worth a whole lot more.  Smiley
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 September 20, 04:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This being the closest thing we have to a Supernatural dis/appreciation thread - I've just seen the protection dealio in action. Tobias Tinklewings (he's a fairy, what can I say?) played the hothead trick on a townie at the library and the fiery result was less than pleasant. His significant other had earlier offered to protect him and was asleep at home, got up and ran across three blocks with the fire moodlet to come an rescue him (or, at least, stand screaming 'fire' like everybody else).
« Last Edit: 2012 September 20, 12:27:16 by Madame Mim » Logged

blablamana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 September 20, 11:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like for Bonehilda to leave my pets alone. All she does, despite dirty dishes or children to be fed, is go after the dogs and try to pet them. Which they don't like, but she keeps trying and trying and my dogs will get hungry, need to chew etc. It isn't a mod that causes this weird behaviour as I tested it in a Vanilla game. Still the same issue.. Anyone got any ideas what to do about it?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 September 20, 14:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone got any ideas what to do about it?

Bitchslap people at EA until they start beta-testing EPs before release?

Aurora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 September 20, 15:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Bonehilda (from household, not public lot) works in shop:

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: