More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:48:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Suddenly have a store world I didn't install. (Lucky Palms)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Suddenly have a store world I didn't install. (Lucky Palms)  (Read 5095 times)
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Suddenly have a store world I didn't install. (Lucky Palms)
« on: 2012 September 10, 01:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, the situation is:  I have all expansions, all but last 2 stuff packs, all legit. I also have all of the store stuff from here except any of the worlds, in a complicated mix of Moyire's packages for the earlier and decrapped sims3packs of the stuff that came after along with KT's fixes for stuff. I do have the extras from the worlds, like the blackjack table from Lucky Palms and the massage table from Sunlit Tides, etc. I do own Hidden Springs (legit.). My CC is installed both manually and by the dreaded launcher, I don't question why my system of doing things works, it just does.

So, after not playing for a few months, and then recieving Supernatural and updating my game installing it (having removed my mods first) I started up the game, mod free, just to make sure it worked. I then plunked in my CC (no mods yet, just the "stuff") and on booting it back up I noticed I was then missing some content, like the pet shop from Pets and Riverveiw and Hidden Springs. I went onto the EA site, redownloaded my missing stuff, booted my game back up and I now suddenly have a working Lucky Palms.(I've tested - played some of it- everything in it works perfectly and is named appropriately) I did not buy this world, nor did I ever download it much less install it.

So, my question is why did this happen? I can't imagine that EA has suddenly, generously sneaked a hidden world into one of my other ones, and even if EA spyware was detecting the items from the world and had mistakenly listed it as available, it surely shouldn't work. Oh, one other thing, I stupidly, stupidly, signed into my EA account while in game (until that point I hadn't had the ridiculous "ads" in buy mode and now I do, even though I signed back out and disconnected from the net for a bit, along with rebooting not just my game, but my computer too - all done before I installed my legit worlds) so I don't know if that would have any bearing on it.

My only thought is that I did actually somehow do this myself, that Lucky Palms was included in a sims3pack of the stuff of the world, but if that is so, I was under the impression that just decrapping it and installing through the launcher would either not let the world work or the world would have gibberish instead of lot/place names.

Any info would be appreciated.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Suddenly have a store world I didn't install. (Lucky Palms)
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 10, 01:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only thought is that I did actually somehow do this myself, that Lucky Palms was included in a sims3pack of the stuff of the world, but if that is so, I was under the impression that just decrapping it and installing through the launcher would either not let the world work or the world would have gibberish instead of lot/place names.

This had to have happened, there really can't be any other way around it, right? As for the gibberish that's only with packages of worlds, sims3packs work just fine.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 10, 05:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm more than willing to accept that I did this myself, my only caveat on this whole thing, which I forgot to mention is that in my installed Worlds folder there only exists Riverview and Hiddensprings, no sign of Lucky Palms. Which is what led to my befuzzelment.

But, since I now know that just decrapping and launcher installing can work for the worlds I just may give the other ones a go.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 10, 13:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the worlds installed, and I've always just decrapified the sims3packs (with the exception of Riverview, which was a free Store item, and didn't require decrapfication).  Bear in mind that if you have the worlds' catalog items in Moryrie's package files, you will create duplicate entries for them when you install the world sims3packs.  This is mainly an issue with Barnacle Bay, which added a metric fuckton of nautical-themed items, including a bunch of pirate outfits that are poorly categorized and valid for random.  So if I were you, I would skip Barnacle Bay.  It's an extremely unattractive world, for starters.  And if you have Moryrie's packages, you already have all the clothing and build/buy content, with the added bonus of Moryrie's catalog fixes.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: