More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:38:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Clothing tool crashing game/KERNELBASE.dll error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothing tool crashing game/KERNELBASE.dll error  (Read 9433 times)
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Clothing tool crashing game/KERNELBASE.dll error
« on: 2012 September 22, 23:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to play Sims 2 after probably a year of not touching it. After booting the game, I was going around the neighborhood using the clothing tool to make over the playables. It worked fine for the Grunts and the Beakers. I then shut down my game and restarted it in windowed mode. When I tried to use the clothing tool on Jenny Smith, the game crashed. It crashed again on Jenny in fullscreen. I also tried a different person in Strangetown, crash. So I created a clean test neighborhood, plunked down an unplayed family from the bin, used the clothing tool, and it crashed.

Every log it generates is identical, saying the error is in "C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll" which makes me think it's not bad CC (which wouldn't make sense anyway, since the tool worked fine for Circe). Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have no idea why this is happening when it wasn't happening before. I attached one of the logs of the game crashing using the clothing tool.

I don't know if it's needed, but my system is:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (3 CPUs) ~3.4GHz
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
« Last Edit: 2012 September 23, 10:03:59 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Clothing tool crashing game/KERNELBASE.dll error
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 23, 10:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't attach exception logs, they are absolutely worthless.

Also, I have no idea. I do know that Strangetown is heavily characterized by badly corrupt sim data, though, so there's no telling what could be wrong.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 23, 10:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does buying clothes the normal way, from a community lot, work? How about CAS and Body Shop?
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 23, 18:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does buying clothes the normal way, from a community lot, work? How about CAS and Body Shop?

I just tried to open CAS in a clean, non-Strangetown test neighborhood and it crashed. I haven't been able to open Body Shop on my computer in ages, so I don't know about that one. The game also crashed when I removed all CC except the clothingtool, it just crashed faster.

I'm assuming something is corrupt or borked in the game files, then. I guess it's time to unearth my game disks and do a reinstall.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 September 24, 05:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried to open CAS in a clean, non-Strangetown test neighborhood and it crashed. I haven't been able to open Body Shop on my computer in ages, so I don't know about that one. The game also crashed when I removed all CC except the clothingtool, it just crashed faster.

I'm assuming something is corrupt or borked in the game files, then. I guess it's time to unearth my game disks and do a reinstall.

Sounds like it. But before you do that, try regenerating your Sims 2 folder in Documents. Back up your neighbourhoods and downloads first and just delete the folder. It might just be a corrupt cache file or something.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 September 24, 05:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like it. But before you do that, try regenerating your Sims 2 folder in Documents. Back up your neighbourhoods and downloads first and just delete the folder. It might just be a corrupt cache file or something.

Aah, too late. I wish I'd thought of that before I spent all afternoon reinstalling the game. Oh well, the error is gone now and I'll remember to try that if it happens again. Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: