More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:20:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Various Annoyance stomping Hacks 1.55
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Various Annoyance stomping Hacks 1.55  (Read 37270 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Various Annoyance stomping Hacks 1.55
« on: 2012 September 09, 21:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No update needed for patch 1.55

>> All 1.50 hacks work fine with patch 1.55 <<

Inventing is fun + no more ice cream truck: reply #23

No free painting/street art skills from comics writing + writing comics/novels is fun: reply #22

Cats present stuff to sim tweak + less annoying Bonehilda: reply #21

No Zombies: reply #19

----------------

shw_nofullmoonfreakout

Kills the queue stomping freakout during full moon lunacy.

shw_fewerzombies

Sets the number of random sims turned into zombies to 0 (it was 3 for every full moon) and the spawning chance for zombies to 3% every 120 ingame seconds minutes instead of 40% every 90 seconds minutes.

ETA: Sorry for the brainfart - it's minutes, not seconds - checking for zombie spawning every 90 seconds would be a bit much, even for EAxis Tongue

shw_nosendpotiononline

No more lag due to the game trying to phone home send an alchemy potion to a friend when clicking on it in inventory.

shw_nodiggingspots

Sets the chance of gem (/metal/whatever) spawning points to spawn as digging holes to 0. Because digging holes are ugly and useless unless your sims have dogs.

* shw_nofullmoonfreakout_1-50.package (1.39 KB - downloaded 561 times.)
* shw_fewerzombies_1-50.package (1.05 KB - downloaded 599 times.)
* shw_nosendpotiononline_1-50.package (1.46 KB - downloaded 582 times.)
* shw_nodiggingspots_1-50.package (1.08 KB - downloaded 512 times.)
« Last Edit: 2013 July 14, 13:44:32 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted: No Fullmoon Freakout + Extremely low Chance of Zombies
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 09, 23:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the lunacy freakout, I'm assuming only non-supes get it? My household has four assorted supes and they get good buffs off moonlight and the full moon. As for the zombies in the garden, 40% every 90 seconds? What the fuck?!?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 09, 23:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"40% every 90 seconds" No wonder my game kept spawning zombies when it got stuck thinking it was a full moon. Had to abandon that save until there's a way of fixing it.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 10, 03:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The big issue at the moment is a bug that occurs if you save between 4pm and 8pm on a full moon night. The game just keeps spawning zombie after zombie, regardless of the moon state. I personally want MOAR zombies.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 September 10, 07:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the lunacy freakout, I'm assuming only non-supes get it?

Um... no idea ^^. My non-sup sims don't freak out every full moon, either, so I guess it's kinda random. They just act weird, like sleeping in evening wear and trying to slap random people.

As for the zombies in the garden, 40% every 90 seconds? What the fuck?!?

Heh. After playing my SN test hood for some weeks (half the population had turned to zombie already, or so it seemed), I let a new sim move in. All was fine until the first full moon. Then, they came - zombie after zombie after zombie. The house was surrounded by them. And they kept coming. Actually, it was pretty cool - like in a horror movie.

I personally want MOAR zombies.

I could make an "Even MOAR zombies" hack Smiley

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 September 10, 13:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the random sims that get zombified turn back?  I have an investigator quest that I can't finish because the person I report to turned into a zombie.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 September 10, 18:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the random sims that get zombified turn back?  I have an investigator quest that I can't finish because the person I report to turned into a zombie.
They probably should turn back. I haven't seen zombified sims stay zombies for longer than a full moon night. Maybe you can try to heal this sim with a potion or a spell? Worked for that sim my witch turned into a frog while playing around with magic.

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 September 10, 20:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea, but a cure elixir (alchemy level 2) works on them. I just cured a fairy who'd turned into a zombie (the first one I've encountered in about 7 ingame week, I guess that's the 3% I left in) by throwing the elixir at her. You can either research alchemy until you get the recipe (it's random which recipe you get during research, so it can take a while) or try the alchemy consignment store.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 September 10, 20:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You *should* be able to just quickly switch to that sim and remove the zombie moodlet, in theory.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 September 10, 20:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But throwing stuff at people is more fun Tongue

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 September 11, 02:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You *should* be able to just quickly switch to that sim and remove the zombie moodlet, in theory.

I was not able to select the zombie sims, even with AM.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 September 11, 05:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the random zombified sims are only temporarily undead, but I don't know about the homeless spawns. Unless you bug it out by saving during a full moon (night?), which I hear makes the temporary transformations permanent for some.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted: Various Annoyance stomping Hacks
« Reply #12 on: 2012 September 11, 20:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Link moved to first post

shw_nosendpotiononline

For those who, like me, aren't amused by the recently introduced "send stuff to friend online" feature. I wouldn't have minded in the least if this hadn't caused a lag each fucking time I clicked on a potion in inventory. This hack kills the "send potion online" option altogether, so if you like the idea of sending stuff to people, don't use it.
« Last Edit: 2012 October 02, 23:59:35 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

Pixelen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 September 12, 18:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for these. Have definitely experienced less zombies than before, what the hell was EA thinking with that spawn percentage?
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 September 13, 02:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for these. Have definitely experienced less zombies than before, what the hell was EA thinking with that spawn percentage?

Zombie Apocalypse.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 September 13, 07:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to hear it's working. I take it you have zombies, then? That's great (maybe not for you, though Wink), because I'd like to clearify some  points:

- Have you encountered any *new* zombies?
- The zombies you already have - do they spawn on the active lot* during a full moon and if so, how often?

* Active lot as in "The lot where the sim is at the moment". This doesn't need to be a residential lot. In my infested hood, I had them spawn on the fishing lot where I did some night fishing, and in Al Simhara, too (four of those things were waiting for my sim at the entrance to the Great Sphinx).

Zombie Apocalypse.

You know, if zombies were handled like mummies, i.e. if they attacked people and infested them, they could actually be a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 13, 08:36:42 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 September 13, 20:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombie Apocalypse.

You know, if zombies were handled like mummies, i.e. if they attacked people and infested them, they could actually be a lot of fun.

This should have been an option from the start, if you ask me. It's obvious they were thinking of overwhelming zombie hordes.

Twallan seems to have had the same idea, because he implement two zombie diseases in his Vector mod.
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 September 21, 04:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE

shw_nosendpotiononline

For those who, like me, aren't amused by the recently introduced "send stuff to friend online" feature. I wouldn't have minded in the least if this hadn't caused a lag each fucking time I clicked on a potion in inventory. This hack kills the "send potion online" option altogether, so if you like the idea of sending stuff to people, don't use it.
Any chance you could remove the wish that sims sometimes have to send potions online, as well?
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
Re: Various Annoyance stomping Hacks
« Reply #18 on: 2012 November 26, 19:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the necromancy (spork away!). I wanted to request that you please (with sugar on top) create a version of the zombie hack that makes it 0% instead of 3%. Zombies kill my game as I don't have enough RAM (or something--I'm not actually sure what the problem is, just that it makes the game freeze/twitch until I force it to quit).

INTP.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 December 01, 09:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah, that's typical. I'm not here for a few days, and someone replies to my thread just then Tongue.

As for your question: Sure, no problem. I've changed the check interval to 300 seconds, too. Let me know if it helps.

ETA: Updated for 1.50

* shw_nozombies_1-50.package (1.05 KB - downloaded 445 times.)
« Last Edit: 2013 May 15, 16:26:57 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

Pixelen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013 January 02, 18:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to hear it's working. I take it you have zombies, then? That's great (maybe not for you, though Wink), because I'd like to clearify some  points:

- Have you encountered any *new* zombies?
- The zombies you already have - do they spawn on the active lot* during a full moon and if so, how often?

Sorry it took so long to reply to this. My save in the supernatural neighbourhood borked itself and I had to start again. Before I installed the mod, I had 3-4 zombies spawn on the active lot during a full moon, and even about 1-2 per normal night. I don't know if they were new or not because I would just delete or reset them with Nraas' Master Controller. Smiley Since installing it I have had barely any zombie spawns; I think I had 1 on a full moon but that was about it.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013 May 20, 10:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Testers wanted

Cats Present Stuff to Sim Tweak

When my cat presented a maple leave to his sim, I was all "awwwww". My idiot sim, on the other hand, was all "ewww" and got a relationship hit. WTF? Hello! Your loving, considerate cat brought you a GIFT, you jerk!
After an equally negative reaction to a crawfish (useful) and a pygmie hedgehog (valuable), I've had enough. I sent the crawfish to be mounted ("Kitty's first Kill!"), bought a terrarium for the hedgehog and made this mod.

What it does:

Changes the reaction to being presented with stuff to always result in a relationship increase (no matter how disgusting your sim might find it - you think a maple leaf is nauseating? Wait until you find a disembowelled mouse in your bed!).
It also lowers the increase to 1 (it was 10 for positive reactions before, which imho is a bit much).
In addition, sims will now always pet their cats as a "Thank you".

Less annoying Bonehilda

Changes "The amount of time that bonehilda will roam (WHERE roam = findAnnoyingStuffToDo && harassPet_priority = 100 // priority scale 0-100) around the house before she returns to her coffin" from 60 to 5 minutes.
This means that she will return to her coffin almost immediately after finishing work*.

*From what I've observed, Bonehilda routines work as follows:

- chores are generated (dirty dishes, unmade beds etc.) > BH leaves coffin (checkpoint 1)
- while outside the coffin, BH will do all work present at checkpoint 1, including stuff which doesn't trigger coffin leaving, like watering plants.
- chores generated while BH is outside (checkpoint 2) will not always be done immediately, because this mod doesn't leave enough time to look for work (or trouble).       (Edit in blue: changed "not" to "not always")
- BH returns to coffin
- while still active, BH will leave the coffin again after 60 minutes (default) to do chores generated at checkpoint 2 etc.

So far, it seems to work fine. All work gets done, if not immediately, then an hour later. And much more important: Due to the short amount of time BH has left to wander about, she has been able to sneak in one single "Pet" action in three ingame days. Results may vary due to household setups. Use at your own risk.

ETA: Pet harassment can still occur when the pet is in the room where BH has finished her last task. She will not follow the poor critter around, though.

* shw_catpresenttweak_1-50.package (2 KB - downloaded 551 times.)
* shw_shoveoffbonehilda_1-50.package (1.08 KB - downloaded 541 times.)
« Last Edit: 2013 May 23, 16:52:25 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013 June 12, 10:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Writing Comics Overhaul

After ~30 comic books, my writer sim had maximised his street art skill without even getting close to a wall ever. Lolwut? In addition, his painting skill went from 3 to 8. I don't approve of my sims gaining skills unless I order them to, so I removed the painting/street art skill gain:

shw_writecomics_nopaintingskillgain_1-50

No more free painting/street art skills from writing comic books! (Note: writing skill is not affected)

As a compensation, writing comics now is fun:

shw_writingcomicsisfun_1-50

Added bonus! Writing novels is fun, too:

shw_writingnovelsisfun_1-50

Because writing *is* fun, why else would you do it? And yes, I'm aware that there are several similar hacks available already, but this one happened to sit in the same folder as the comics hacks, so I thought "meh"  Tongue.

Edited to correct skill name (it's street art, not street painting)

* shw_writecomics_nopaintingskillgain_1-50.package (0.48 KB - downloaded 501 times.)
* shw_writingcomicsisfun_1-50.package (1.8 KB - downloaded 479 times.)
* shw_writingnovelisfun_1-50.package (1.8 KB - downloaded 497 times.)
« Last Edit: 2013 June 13, 07:24:32 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013 June 14, 11:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inventing is Fun

shw_inventingisfun_1-50

Because how could messing around with a soldering iron possibly NOT be fun? Fun rate is the same as for the sculpting station.

No more Ice Cream Truck

shw_icecreamtruckbegone_1-50

Stops the annoying stalker truck from generating by setting the number of vehicles generated to 0.

Q: I put the hack in, but the truck doesn't go away. Why?
A: This hack doesn't delete ice cream trucks, but prevents them from being generated the next day. A truck already present will still be there and stay there until its duty is finished. Service times are cut down to 2 hours (10AM to noon), however, so the truck will leave your world at 12PM to never return.

Q: I saved at 4PM ingame time with the truck parking in front of my active lot. Will putting this hack in make my game explode, because the service times are now shorter?
A: No. The truck will "realise" that the service has ended and will simply drive away.

* shw_inventingisfun_1-50.package (1.55 KB - downloaded 524 times.)
* shw_icecreamtruckbegone_1-50.package (1.13 KB - downloaded 442 times.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: