More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 07:23:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Exporting Problems (bodyshop)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exporting Problems (bodyshop)  (Read 3252 times)
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
Exporting Problems (bodyshop)
« on: 2005 December 04, 21:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I tried to export a pair of pants yestday, I got a message that said it couldn't export the textue.  I would like to know what causes this problem and how to fix it.  I get this message with other other meshes I try to use.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Exporting Problems (bodyshop)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 04, 22:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem when the clothes in question had a blue-toned bump map rather than a regular grey-toned one. I've also had the problem when the item was missing a texture. I think you might be able to export the textures via SimPE, but I'm not sure.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 05, 05:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem when the clothes in question had a blue-toned bump map rather than a regular grey-toned one. I've also had the problem when the item was missing a texture. I think you might be able to export the textures via SimPE, but I'm not sure.
yes you can use SimPE to export textures. I have a few recolors in my game for private use only of course that I made and  I used the wizards of SimPE to eport the textures

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 05, 09:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your \Downloads folders to make sure there are none of those huge skin .package files that came from GameSpot, etc. If you sort by size, you can find them ~ they're over 10,000k.

I'd tell you their exact filenames, but I deleted them all to cure my own exporting problems. I think one was called StarterPack.package, and others were named for the sites they came from, like GameSpot. Anyway, they tend to override the same skins that came with the game.

If you never downloaded the pre-release version of BodyShop, or any of the skins from game sites, you shouldn't have any of those. But you never know what can sneak in with a house download or something, so it doesn't hurt to check. If you find any really huge (10,000k+) skin files, move them out of the Sims 2 folder temporarily (or you can just .zip them up to hide them) and see if that fixes your exportation. Extra-large files like that are often wonky.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 05, 22:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of facts I forgot to tell

I didn't have any pre TS2 versions of bodyshop

Two of the files in question came from the same side

I can't export textures from other sites that used the same mesh

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 06, 00:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same problem with bodyshop (I've also noticed that sometimes when I try to do a new skintone that some files will be missing) I haven't tried making anything since getting NL installed (took a break from TS2 for a few months, now I'm back and addicted even more lol)

If I remember right I had the texture/exporting problem with both CC and Maxis clothes and I know exactly whats in my Downloads folder since I have spent many hours cleaning it up (took forever to find all the clothes + makeup that didn't work!)
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 10, 01:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the texture you're trying to export is for a custom mesh, that might be the problem right there. Anything "non-standard" will choke BodyShop. Just use SimPE for what BodyShop can't handle.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 10, 01:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the creator of the texture used a pre-Sims2 version of bodyshop with the blue bumpmap (whether it's a new mesh or not) or a bump creation tool that makes the blue ones, you'll still have that problem. For some reason, the pre-release bodyshop and some programs prefer the blue ones and they don't export properly in the post-release sims2 bodyshop. 2foru used to have something about this on the site, but I don't see it anymore - I gather she's since updated all the meshes to the grey ones bodyshop wants now.

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: