More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:04:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 Patch 1.38
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 Patch 1.38  (Read 35185 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: TS3 Patch 1.38
« Reply #25 on: 2012 September 01, 20:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should get by by just reinstalling the base game. I'll be waiting till I actually get SN before I deal with the new patch. I might be speshul since I've never had problems patching.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 September 01, 20:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should get by by just reinstalling the base game. I'll be waiting till I actually get SN before I deal with the new patch. I might be speshul since I've never had problems patching.

I was going to ask if I could just reinstall the base game and see how that goes. I'll give it a try,thanks.
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 September 02, 10:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you wondering why it took this long to post the test version, the answer is that apparently, EAxis has tried to sabotage us.

Here's what happened:
For some UTTERLY BAFFLING reason, even when isolated by itself and therefore totally inert, the AwesomeMod dll would crash the game on load. Now, you'd think, that, in and of itself, would just be my lousy code, except for one interesting wrinkle:
Simply changing the NAME of the DLL made it stop. No actual CODE was changed, just the name. Why would THIS make it suddenly work perfectly again? The only logical answer I can think of is deliberate sabotage.

So in saying this, why can't I download the test version? It comes up with an error.
Shadowsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012 September 02, 11:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try downloading from beta: beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/test/awesome.zip
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012 September 02, 12:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed just the base game,it works,but it is running realy slow.  I'll try installing the rest of the packs as I couldn't do it last night as it was far too late.

Edit: Just to say everything is working after I installed base game and expansion packs. All I have to do now is install all my CC.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 02, 13:36:10 by freckles » Logged
cobainsquirrel
Tasty Tourist

the world is quiet here

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012 September 02, 18:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Test version crashes for me as soon as I load a save. No CC.
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012 September 03, 06:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crashes and only shows nuke option. All the CC.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 03, 07:44:01 by youarehome » Logged
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2012 September 03, 08:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please report AM errors in the AM error threads.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012 September 03, 12:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the AM Bug Report threads were where people go to report they were too stupid to troubleshoot.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2012 September 03, 22:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the AM Bug Report threads were where people go to report they were too stupid to troubleshoot.
And here I was thinking people just spammed new threads everywhere when they did that.  Roll Eyes

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 September 03, 22:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yo, dipshit, the test version isn't made widely publicly available for a reason.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012 September 04, 06:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try downloading from beta: NO link

Yo, dipshit, the test version isn't made widely publicly available for a reason.

I think having the link posted once may be enough. And really, given that people usually need to be told to look 3 posts above theirs for a fix, with some luck nobody will notice who didn't know already.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012 September 08, 23:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am thinking I will wait to download the new patch and the newest AM until I get SN.  I have to wait till next month for it (my birthday is Sept 28 and a friend said he'd buy it for me after he gets paid on Oct 3 to get it for me for my birthday).  I might buy it myself if he's playing poor at that time rofl.

If possible, I will wait till then to update AM too, unless it expires before then.  I will like a button or something to get rid of the store sales crap in my game as I refuse to DL Origin and this just bugs me as I keep trying to click the first links on my item lists.  I have not done so yet, but if I get tired and am playing I might and then my game might crash (I play on my laptop, not my great desktop because I have nothing to sit on for my desktop YET).

I also play offline, always.  I keep my laptop linked to the web as sometimes I need to drop to desktop and check something here or elsewhere on the web.  I am STILL troubleshooting problems I am having (such as chairs snapping to the middle of the tables and not to the sides where they belong).  I am sure I can get to the troubles myself so have not asked, but if I need to ask I know where to go.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012 September 09, 01:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a stupid question to ask when the updated Awesomemod will be up and running with 1.38?
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2012 September 09, 01:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a stupid question to ask when the updated Awesomemod will be up and running with 1.38?

Word of God as of an hour or so ago was "No idea.  Until Poofs stops reporting anything broken, I guess."

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012 September 09, 01:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should have got my search on.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012 September 09, 18:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will like a button or something to get rid of the store sales crap in my game as I refuse to DL Origin and this just bugs me as I keep trying to click the first links on my item lists.

Not sure what you're babbling on about here, but the store crap button doesn't bother me, I just ignore it, then search through the categories for the items I want, just as I did pre 1.38 and SN.  No bugging for a non-existent Origin or anything.  You must be doing something weird to be getting bugged about Origin all the time.

On a different note, my game seems alot more stable with 1.38 and SN than it was before.  Is it possible that EAxis managed to somehow get something right, even if it was only by accident?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012 September 09, 19:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's my computer or the patch but when I try and play the sims 3 super natural it takes almost two hours to load the world screen and then when I build anything it slows down to a grinding hault. I have tried to run the game without CC and any mods that I have,but it makes no difference.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
TS3 Patch 1.39
« Reply #43 on: 2012 September 27, 17:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new update has been released.

Cumulative Update

Patch Notes
Game Update for 1.39

To install this update, please start your game and use the "Updates" tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes the following changes:

Supernatural
•Zombies will no longer continue to spawn after a Full Moon ends when the game has been saved during a Full Moon. A new saved game must be created for this fix to take effect.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012 September 27, 21:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried to install this new patch through the Cumulative update. I get this promt when doing this. Install shield wizard. Please insert the correct disk. \{4db6686a-scf0-8231-14dcb77008}\Disk 1.

I also have no start screen where the moon goes through it's thing,also I get game crashing where it says the sims 3 has stopped working.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012 September 28, 04:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the SuperPatcher instead. Now waiting to see if 1.39 broke anything else.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012 September 28, 11:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the SuperPatcher instead. Now waiting to see if 1.39 broke anything else.

I did try that,with no luck. Looks like I will have to reinstall again. I'm getting a bit pissed off with this now.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2012 September 28, 11:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops i misread Cumulative as Incremental.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012 September 28, 11:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All this uninstalling and reinstalling the games cant be good for your computer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012 September 28, 12:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone needs to post the relevant links and I'll get on this tomorrow, really busy today.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: