More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 15:08:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Installing Custom Careers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installing Custom Careers  (Read 12750 times)
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Installing Custom Careers
« on: 2012 September 23, 15:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I start let me just say that I have spent days extensively searching for my answer. All I can find is people asking the same question and getting "Research" as a response. Well I've been researching and at best all I can find are responses that direct you to links with general instructions for installing custom content (I'm a bit beyond that at this point haha). I've already downloaded the NRAAS mod and placed it in The Sims 3/Contents/Resources/Transgaming/C Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages Folder. I downloaded a couple well made careers from ModTheSims. I then placed the career .package file in the Packages folder. I cleared out my caches. When I boot up the game the careers don't appear. From the comments, everyone else has the career working fine... Not sure what else I need to do. I'm running on a iMac, pretty brand spanking new. I usually can figure this stuff out myself by researching, but this one is escaping me. Does anyone have any knowledge that would help, or at least point me in the right direction? Please know that I have been looking diligently, but everything takes you in circles. Ironically, I found all the information I'd need to CREATE a career, but not to just simply install one, ha! Thanks in advance for any help. And let's keep this polite as I'm not an idiot or lazy, but I'm about to throw my computer out the window haha
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Installing Custom Careers
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 23, 18:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running on a iMac, pretty brand spanking new.

What the fuck has that got to do with anything?  Just because it is a shiny new toy doesn't make it better.  All that dribble and not much information given other than you can't get your CC/Mods to work properly, which sounds like a probably framework fail.  If this is the case, then do a proper fucking search and find out how to install the framework and CC/mods on a Mac thingy.  The answers are out there.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 23, 20:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does other CC show up?

By the "NRAAS mod" do you mean the career mod or another one of his mods?

Are you fully patched?

Does the career mod even work on a Mac?

No to any of these (except the last one) = PEBKAC. Most likely a framework fail.

No to the last one, contact Twallan and see what he has to say. Contacting Twallan is probably going to give you a better answer anyway, as this is not NRAAS support.

If you answered yes to all of the above, then I guess it may be midgets.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 24, 20:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you asking here, rather than at the site from which you downloaded the mod? Did they ban you for posting nigh unreadable walls of text?

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 September 24, 21:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted here because I find I get the most intelligent responses here. All I meant by my Mac being relatively new is that I don't have much installed/running on it, that was all. Yes, I did mean the NRAAS Career Mod. Yes, other custom content shows up just fine, never had any issues in that regard. My game is fully patched. It's a little ridiculous that in 10 years of Simming it's a crime for me to run into one issue. As I said, I can usually figure out stuff for myself. I haven't been banned from anywhere, I just wasn't getting a response and I'd rather not wait around for a few years to hope I get an answer. I will contact Twallan. But don't say the answers are out there when you can scroll through dozens of pages of results and find the same crappy useless answers everywhere. I always try to be of help to others, didn't realize it was every man for himself in a COMMUNITY forum.
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 September 24, 21:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to mention that Twallan has it set to not accept messages. Joy.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 September 24, 22:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to mention that Twallan has it set to not accept messages. Joy.

What's 'it'?  And - no double posting.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 September 24, 23:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...didn't realize it was every man for himself in a COMMUNITY forum.

You've been registered since 2008, which means that either you fail at lurking, you're an ESL that doesn't have good English reading comprehension, or you're a tard. Which is it? I'm guessing it's the second option, since you continue to post walls of text with no breaks between thoughts.

Back to your issue, are you having trouble with the NRAAS base mod, or with the careers you downloaded at MTS?

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 September 27, 13:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually a professional writer, so have a pretty good comprehension of the English language. I'm sorry I didn't break my text up into easily digestible fragments.

My issue is I'm not sure if it's the NRAAS mod or the careers. That's what I'm trying to figure out. All of the files seem to be ok. I suspect it's more a matter of where they're placed. Do the careers just go in the same packages folder you put all of your normal custom content in? Or do they have to go somewhere special? Same goes for the NRAAS .package, I've got that and the career files all in the packages folder.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 September 27, 15:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually a professional writer...

Thank God for editors, I guess; whatever yours is being paid is probably not enough.

Do the careers just go in the same packages folder you put all of your normal custom content in? Or do they have to go somewhere special? Same goes for the NRAAS .package, I've got that and the career files all in the packages folder.

Once again, you are far more likely to get a helpful answer to your question at NRAAS and/or MTS. For instance, what do the install instructions say? Why are you asking us about non-Awesome mods? Since you're not an ESL, are you retarded or do you simply fail to lurk? There are so many questions left unanswered!

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 September 27, 16:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, since I'm feeling nice, here's what I'll do.

Go to my profile. I have an email address listed there. Email me your NRAAS package file and one/all of your custom careers. I will install it in my game and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll redownload the NRAAS mod and try again. If it still doesn't, I'll try another career. In fact, I'll do that even if it does work. Once we figure out if the NRAAS mod and the career package are any good at all, we can go from there.

Sound good?

ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 September 27, 20:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is extremely nice of you. However, your email address is hidden in your profile.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 September 27, 20:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is extremely nice of you. However, your email address is hidden in your profile.

You really are fucking stupid.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 September 27, 21:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROTFL

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 September 27, 22:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. It's hilarious to be sarcastic and rude instead of just speaking simply and plainly to the point. Because it's such a good use of one's time.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 September 27, 22:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I are proud of my llama master, and will bleat accordingly. Seriously, you are at the wrong place to find solutions to your problem. And no, no one is going to provide a link to the correct websites for you, you need to learn to use google and ask the correct people.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 September 27, 23:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops! Sorry about that. Fixed it for you. I should have checked that.

Fwoggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 September 28, 06:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being helpful? Really? You're slipping. Tongue
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 September 28, 15:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know. However, our standard answer to "DUR IT DUN WERK" is "GOOGLE MOAR". If "GOOGLE MOAR" doesn't have any answers, then it phails as a meen answer. This way, assuming we can figure it out, we're still MEEN, but next time this issue comes up "GOOGLE MOAR" will be an acceptable answer.

Or, at least, that's how I am choose to justify this.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 September 29, 15:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remain unconvinced we should head down the slippery slope of troubleshooting Twallan's mods, but am looking forward to directing all upcoming Twallan traffic your way.  Cheesy

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: